Ancestors of elites all have ties to slavery except!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two new polls out Wednesday show pluralities say the Democrat should not quit or be forced out over a racist photo that appeared on his medical-school yearbook page 35 years ago. Most African-American voters agree that he shouldn’t go, according to one of the surveys.
Put that to a vote by African Americans and you will find the survey is bullshit. You think we can see the exact survey form, so we can know how they worded the questions?

So forgive us, if we do not accept a politician's late in life, renouncing his leadership of an organization that actively beat and murdered African Americans.
"I don't know who Senator Robert Byrd loved, who made him suddenly see racism as inhuman and cruel. But I do know that his conversion is a powerful and significant as any other story of civil rights in America. His passing is the ending of an era. With him goes a generation of Americans who were prejudiced because they grew up never seeing or knowing anyone with brown skin. With him goes the ugliness of KKK members on Capitol Hill, but also the beauty of transformation that comes with illumination.

Good night, Senator Byrd.You were all that was ugly and good about the South. I honor your service, and especially your willingness to change, and to admit that you were wrong. Sleep well."

But since I'm a conservative I thought I championed slavery

You are confusing me with you inane talking points once again.
Conservatives back then championed slavery

Conservatives now are too afraid to champion slavery..so instead, they make dumb ass posts like this one...

We all know that the REAL reason MAGAts keep bringing up Sen. Byrd is that they are upset he rejected the KKK.

Irrelevant. You elected him while he was still in the KKK. Just like Northam. We know this is just who you are.

bullshit, prove it
Prove Conservatives championed slavery back then?

That's easy...they wrote about it....you do know that people could write back then right??

I mean, they told you in their Articles of Secession they supported slavery.....

Mississippi was not controlled by Liberals

"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth… These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization."

Texas was not controlled by Liberals...

"The servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations."

South Carolina was not controlled by Liberals...

"Those [Union] States have assumed the right of deciding upon the propriety of our domestic institutions; and have denied the rights of property established in fifteen of the States and recognized by the Constitution; they have denounced as sinful the institution of slavery; they have permitted open establishment among them of societies, whose avowed object is to disturb the peace and to eloign the property of the citizens of other States."

Do you know another reason why Conservatives today would have supported slavery if they were around back then?
Because instead of claiming all of these Articles of Secession were written by Democrats and holding it up as proof the Civil War was over slavery....they can't...instead you morons run the "states rights" bullshit because you are embarrassed that your Conservative forefathers fought to maintain slavery....

Name me a famous "Conservative abolitionist" from the 1850's and tell me why they didn't have any monuments thru-out the South erected to honor them??

I'll wait

To be fair... I believe most people only support him just to see the look on your face.

So you all enjoy this look....

smile-laughing.gif

Texas was not controlled by Liberals...

"The servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations."
In 1845, if we use today's definition of Liberal, that would be a Democrat. In 1845 Texas was a Democrat state. The first governor being a Democrat.

Of the first 12 governors of Democrat, none were Republicans. The statement you provide, is from the Democrat party in control of Texas until the first Republican governor, after the Civil War.

The first Republican Governor of Texas, Edmund Davis, fought for the rights of African Americans, without writing a book at this time, if you know history, you will know this as fact.

Sadly, Republican Edmund Davis lost re-election to a Democrat. A Democrat who reversed the progress of freedom for African Americans that Edmund Davis worked so hard for.

Gee, that was pretty easy to discredit your assertion about Texas. If I can do that so easily with Texas, it stands to reason your other opinions will fall just as easy.

Forum List

Back