"Anchor baby" is offensive and hurtful?

It's sad. if you don't live with illegal Mexicans, you never understand the harm they do. It's a racist dream. It's a exaggerated lie. All the harm they do, just a dream, a lie. No. it isn't. But who cares anyway?

Six months pregnant mother crosses Rio Grande only to get to hospital and give a birth to a child that will sponsor her and rest of the family to stay in USA. That's plain example of anchor baby. The country gives the citizenship to a child whose only connection to this country is that mother came across illegally. We keep crying how American families are struggling while this anchor baby along with mother gets all the care they need on the golden platter. And you do know who's paying for it.
How does a new born baby sponsor it's parents. All the stories I see are about the baby staying with the parents as they are deported. They little citizens have to wait a long time to come back.

Nope, they're not being deported.
Six months pregnant mother crosses Rio Grande only to get to hospital and give a birth to a child that will sponsor her and rest of the family to stay in USA. That's plain example of anchor baby. The country gives the citizenship to a child whose only connection to this country is that mother came across illegally. We keep crying how American families are struggling while this anchor baby along with mother gets all the care they need on the golden platter. And you do know who's paying for it.
How does a new born baby sponsor it's parents. All the stories I see are about the baby staying with the parents as they are deported. They little citizens have to wait a long time to come back.

Yes they are. Over 72,000 undocumented persons with American born children were deported in 2013. Most of them took the kids with them when they were deported.
And you can bet your ass most of them will grow up poor and resenting the U.S. Instead of becoming productive citizens. But citizens of the U.S.they will be. Xenophobes are very short sighted.

Democrats would love nothing more than for republicans to continue to refer to Hispanic American citizens as 'anchor babies.'

Cry us a river oh bleeding heart.

A related term, "anchor child", referring in this case to "very young immigrants who will later sponsor immigration for family members who are still abroad", was used in reference to Vietnamese boat people from about 1987.[10][13][14][15][16] "Anchor baby" appeared in print in 1996, but remained relatively obscure until 2006, when it found new prominence amid the increased focus on the immigration debate in the United States.[8][10][16][17] Lexicographer Grant Barrett nominated the term for the American Dialect Society's 2006 Word of the Year.[16]

Anchor baby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-Geaux

Last edited:

Yes they are. Over 72,000 undocumented persons with American born children were deported in 2013. Most of them took the kids with them when they were deported.
And you can bet your ass most of them will grow up poor and resenting the U.S. Instead of becoming productive citizens. But citizens of the U.S.they will be. Xenophobes are very short sighted.

That's the problem. They don't become productive and are a burden on the system

-Geaux

absolutely brilliant...That man is not going to pull out at the last minute to make way for ANYONE. Foolish liberals only WISH that were so....They see the writing on the wall. americans are sick and tired of the same old okey doke career politicians wrecking the country.
I believe he means exactly what he says....and how refeshing THAT is....
He can say whatever he likes, free speech is a liberal value, but he doesn't have a chance in hell of being elected.
That.

-Geaux
If they grow up in America they become productive. If they grow up in crushing poverty they become unproductive. It isn't a good way to treat Americans.

-Geaux
If they grow up in America they become productive. If they grow up in crushing poverty they become unproductive. It isn't a good way to treat Americans.

Never knew the house of productivity was all inclusive

-Geaux

Teachers dealing with many students speaking different languages is offensive and hurtful ....

No, it's not.
As a teacher, I can say it makes effective teaching almost impossible. Children and parents should attend English classes and be banned from public schools until they are proficient in the English language.

Based on that comment, I don't believe you are a teacher.
Based on your comment, I don't believe you are a teacher, either.

Democrats would love nothing more than for republicans to continue to refer to Hispanic American citizens as 'anchor babies.'
You mean the Illegal Alien's anchor babies? :)

What do they anchor?
They anchor their parents to the US 'legally."
How does that work? It is a bold statement and one that is being discredited over and over, yet still being suggested. So how exactly does having an American born child give legal status to the undocumented parent(s).

It's too effective a term, so the PC Police is gonna do whatever they can to rid it from public discourse.

Most likely by calling anyone who uses it a "racist".

Right on cue, that's how they roll.
They tried floating the idea that "illegal" should be taboo.

That didn't help them much. It only ended up pissing more people off.

What the left wants is a world where you can't notice the obvious.

That's Political-Correctness.

You mean the Illegal Alien's anchor babies? :)

What do they anchor?
They anchor their parents to the US 'legally."
How does that work? It is a bold statement and one that is being discredited over and over, yet still being suggested. So how exactly does having an American born child give legal status to the undocumented parent(s).
Let's just say, they give illegals protection from deportation. They are still illegal, however.

Teachers dealing with many students speaking different languages is offensive and hurtful ....

No, it's not.
As a teacher, I can say it makes effective teaching almost impossible. Children and parents should attend English classes and be banned from public schools until they are proficient in the English language.

Based on that comment, I don't believe you are a teacher.
Based on your comment, I don't believe you are a teacher, either.

Give up the charade. No teacher of any experience seriously proposes: "Children and parents should attend English classes and be banned from public schools until they are proficient in the English language."

You overplayed your 'character.'

If you're gonna break our laws and sneak into our country......then expect the stigma that goes with it.

Democrats and their media cohorts want to legalize their special brand of human-trafficking. They only do it to win elections.

Personally, I think every Democrat that helped facilitate illegals coming to the US should be tried and imprisoned for at least 5 years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back