Anger as Republicans block bill to help military veterans exposed to toxins

You like Americans who are captured?
Yes, we call them POW's and we vow to never forget their bravery and courage...

Or are these flags full of shit when you fly them??
pow MIA Flag.png

oh give me a fucking break.....i guess you missed the part when i said fuck that asshole....but then you do want your congress assholes to get their little projects done dont you?....you are a party person pk....just admit it.....

I want the veterans to get their care. All it would have taken is a yes vote.

You're full of shit.

You're defending Republicans blocking this bill
explain how?.....when i have repeatedly said i want it ALL to go to the vets....every congress person that wants a part this is an asshole and that includes the ones you worship....so who is full of shit?....me or you and your fellow party people?....

You're FOS, numbnuts.

“For all the Trump haters; today President Trump signed an executive order allowing our veterans to get 100% medical bills paid at hospitals other than a V.A. hospital. This will save the lives of many American service men and women who have been on V.A. waiting lists, some for years and many dying while waiting. Now they can go to ANY hospital they want… This is how our veterans SHOULD be treated!!! Thanks President Trump!!!”

The president has continued the Veterans Choice Program, a program started in 2014 following a scandal over wait times at Veterans Affairs facilities. The program was created through the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act, a bipartisan bill that was signed by President BARACK OBAMA.

The Veterans Choice Program allows some veterans who experience difficulty obtaining care from a Veterans Affairs medical facility to seek care elsewhere. To qualify, veterans must be enrolled in the VA health care system and demonstrate certain barriers to using the VA system (such as wait time or distance).

“For all the Trump haters; today President Trump signed an executive order allowing our veterans to get 100% medical bills paid at hospitals other than a V.A. hospital.

That's great BUT if he really believed in this he would have worked to get a law passed.

Clutch those pearls a little tighter and soon everybody will be weeping with you instead of addressing important issues.
Important issues like banning mathbooks?

Important issues like passing laws against Disney characters that hurt your feelings??

Important issues like making pronouns illegal??

or are we talking abou the other important issues that Republicans offer ZERO solutions to -- other than to distract with the meaningless bullshit that I just mentioned...

One sentence changed in the entire bill and it had nothing to do with $400B or discretionary spending. Here is play by play that shows what was changed simply to procedurally get passed.

For cliff notes the yellow line was deleted.

C793ED3B-D2B1-4FC7-8639-7E1BFB9226FF.png

That's great BUT if he really believed in this he would have worked to get a law passed.
Well, it's not a permanent law, with permanent funding, that's why it needs to be renewed every so often.

President Trump at his 2020 campaign kickoff rally on Tuesday took credit for passing a veteran’s health care bill that was signed into law by former President Obama.

“We passed VA Choice,” he said, referring to a bill that allows veterans to seek health options outside the Veterans Affairs-run system. “You go out now, you get a doctor, you fix yourself up, the doctor sends us the bill, we pay for it. And you know what? It doesn’t matter because the life and the veteran is more important, but we also happen to save a lot of money doing that.”

“They’ve been trying to get that passed also for about 44 years,” he added.

In 2014, Obama signed a bill that permitted veterans to seek private care outside of Veterans Affairs facilities. It also gave money for the VA to hire additional doctors and nurses and overhauled the VA’s electronic medical records.

I understand Schumer is going to bring the bill up for a vote again on Monday. Repubs need to find a way out of the mess they created. Because this bill is going to get passed.

That was a procedural move that allows the bill to come up to vote again, DUMBASS. McConnell did it all the time when he was majority leader.
Oh, and you approved then?

Tell me why Schumer thought he’d need that if he didn’t try some shady shit in the first place?

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) was captured on video fist-bumping Sen. Steve Daines (R-Mont.) shortly after Republicans managed on Thursday to block the PACT Act that would allow soldiers, sailors and airmen exposed to pits of smoldering waste in combat zones to be covered by the Veterans Affairs health care system for linked illnesses. Many are suffering from cancer.

The surprise GOP resistance to the bill was apparently payback after Republicans were outplayed by Democrats earlier this week to win passage of a sweeping $740 billion package to increase taxes on the wealthy and invest in climate change and health care.

Democrats and veterans groups were furious that the veterans bill was held up by miffed Republicans when it was expected to pass.
“This is total bullshit. This is the worst form of over politicization I’ve literally ever seen,” said Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) at a press conference Thursday held by Democrats and veterans.

The callous fist-bumping celebration was particularly hard to take for many.

I’m interested in what the resident rubes think about the Republican flipping on the veterans bill knowing it didn’t change since it was last passed.

Do you feel misled thinking the democrats changed it when they didn’t? Are you now rethinking everything you’ve been told?

Oh, and you approved then?

Tell me why Schumer thought he’d need that if he didn’t try some shady shit in the first place?
You're an idiot.

When a Bill is filibustered as this was, the Majority Leader has to vote against "ending debate" in ordrr to bring that bill up for a vote at a later time.

Learn the Senate rules

I’m interested in what the resident rubes think about the Republican flipping on the veterans bill knowing it didn’t change since it was last passed.

Do you feel misled thinking the democrats changed it when they didn’t? Are you now rethinking everything you’ve been told?
You would think they would be .

Sadly most are not

Forum List

Back