Anger as Republicans block bill to help military veterans exposed to toxins

You're willing to divert Billions already allocated to the Vets to get this sloppy Bill passed.
It does exactly the opposite. It does not "divert" anything. In fact it mandates that that money allocated be spent in this program
The take away is that you hate vets,
Exactly backwards once again.

Obviously

Last edited:
It does...and your insanity about your lack of trust in government is no reason to throw Vets under the bus

no there wasn't. It was a MINOR change regarding taxation of doctors who sell their businesses. It was removed.

The "allocation issue was ALWAYS in the Bill and it simply MANDATES that this money be allocated to this program every year for ten years without having to beg Congress AGAIN each year.

That was ALWAYS in the Bill
You are not understanding the ramifications.
And, it was not a minor change when you're talking about the taxation. Quit downplaying that.

Even if it wasn’t a lie about funds being moved from discretionary to mandatory, making it harder for Congress to strip benefits from veterans seems like a good thing to me.
And it WAS a lie. Looking at the comparative analysis of the two bills proves that.

You are not understanding the ramifications.
And, it was not a minor change when you're talking about the taxation. Quit downplaying that.
Ohhh...the "ramifications"

Connecting imaginary dots are ya?

I have visions of Carrie from Homeland connecting pins with strings all buggeyed.

The change was MINOR...and it broke a technical rule so it was removed. It probably involved a couple million in taxes

So you discount what Toomey says because it doesn't fit your fucking narrative, am I right?

Your argument is that the Republicans were too stupid to understand what they originally vote on in the first place. Not exactly much of a hill to stand on.

Your argument is that the Republicans were too stupid to understand what they originally vote on in the first place. Not exactly much of a hill to stand on.
Toomey was loudly screaming about that at the timer. They knew. They also didn't have a problem with it until McConnell told them they should

No, it should not be mandatory.
There should not be $400 billion in VA medical costs.
There are only about 1.5% of the population that are vets, and less than 1% of those vets should have any lasting medical problems.
So if .015% of the population cost $400 billion in medical services, that means the medical care for the whole population has to cost over $60 trillion.
And obviously that can not be.

I did not ask anyone to got to Vietnam, Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan, etc. to fight anyone.
If they went, it was against my wishes.
So they why should I be paying for their deliberate crimes?
There we have it....screw the vets.

Have the GOP folded on this yet ? Or are they still intent on killing vets ?.
Vets aren'i fooled.

Following their scoffing at the police the Trump goons savaged at the Capitol, their lip service to those who serve is blatant.

Reps. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Lauren Boebert (Colo.), Michael Cloud (Texas), Andrew Clyde (Ga.), Warren Davidson (Ohio), Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Louie Gohmert (Texas), Bob Good (Va.), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Andy Harris (Md.), Jody Hice (Ga.), Mary Miller (Ill.), Barry Moore (Ala.), Ralph Norman (S.C.), Scott Perry (Pa.), John Rose (Tenn.), Matt Rosendale (Mont.), Chip Roy (Texas) and Greg Steube (Fla.).​

Vets aren'i fooled.

Following their scoffing at the police the Trump goons savaged at the Capitol, their lip service to those who serve is blatant.

Reps. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Lauren Boebert (Colo.), Michael Cloud (Texas), Andrew Clyde (Ga.), Warren Davidson (Ohio), Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Louie Gohmert (Texas), Bob Good (Va.), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Andy Harris (Md.), Jody Hice (Ga.), Mary Miller (Ill.), Barry Moore (Ala.), Ralph Norman (S.C.), Scott Perry (Pa.), John Rose (Tenn.), Matt Rosendale (Mont.), Chip Roy (Texas) and Greg Steube (Fla.).​
Fucking disgraceful.

Open ended credit card....that is the issue.
Yes, that is the issue. And yes, open ended credit cards are the norm for health care financing. Medicare and Medicaid as well as the VA. I mean it is common sense. What if you were paying for your health care with a credit card. You whip it out and pay for your physical, no problem. You have a heart attack and visit the emergency room, you whip it out again, no problem. You need triple bypass but the doctor comes in and says, "your card has been denied, so sorry".

We know what happens when government programs are funded with discretionary funding. Take financial aid for college. It is a race, every college will tell students, get that FAFSA completed as soon as possible, the money runs out. It is first come first served. Do we really want to treat our Vets that way?

Yes, that is the issue. And yes, open ended credit cards are the norm for health care financing. Medicare and Medicaid as well as the VA. I mean it is common sense. What if you were paying for your health care with a credit card. You whip it out and pay for your physical, no problem. You have a heart attack and visit the emergency room, you whip it out again, no problem. You need triple bypass but the doctor comes in and says, "your card has been denied, so sorry".

We know what happens when government programs are funded with discretionary funding. Take financial aid for college. It is a race, every college will tell students, get that FAFSA completed as soon as possible, the money runs out. It is first come first served. Do we really want to treat our Vets that way?

We shouldnt have to pass bills to see that their health care needs are met.

Don't want to pay for whatever they are? Dont send them.

But it is of course NOT an “open ended credit card”

There IS A FINITE amount of funds available for this program.

What Toomey wants is to keep previous funding as discretionary so he can use that AGAINST other spending programs unrelated to this.

“We’ll if you want to fund THAT… we will have to remove funding from the burn pit bucket”

Turning it into a political football.

It’s cynical partisan shit

Forum List

Back