Another child shoots sibling in the face

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Assault (homicide) (*U01-*U02,X85-Y09,Y87.1) Assault (homicide) by discharge of firearms

(*U01.4,X93-X95)

Not a big difference between the FBI Table 8 and the CDC.....

So now we have 11,713 (11,208+505) people killed as blood sacrifices on the alter of your gun fetish.

Your feeble argument about "responsible normal, law abiding gun owners" gets weaker and weaker the more data comes to light.

No...those are gun murders stupid....that is criminals using guns...........and ignoring your stupid gun laws to do it...while the responsible gun owners actually follow your gun laws....

Gun accidents were 548 in 2012.....and only 505 in 2013.....since you went to a democrat controlled public school...that means that accidents are going down...not up....so Americans are even more responsible today......than in 2012....

Gun accidental deaths from the CDC.......table 10 for each year......( you know...the government agency you nutters keep telling us does no gun research)

So....apparently this thread is stupid.......Americans are more responsible even as more Americans own and carry guns for protection.........

Because the NRA convinced Republicans to pass a law banning the CDC from tracking gun related deaths.

Actually, no. What they stopped was the CDC being an anti gun advocate........using tax dollars to push propaganda, not research...and actual research stayed the same and actually increased a little in recent years.....

And obama spent 10 million dollars on the CDC in 2013 to study all gun data.......and it didn't turn out the way they wanted..........too many defensive gun uses were found.....

They didn't actually estimate the number of defensive gun uses.

No, they actually looked at all the research available on self defense with guns.....something we can't do because of time, money and access....and they still came out supporting Kleck..........and the other gun studies.....

Studies based on incomplete data are meaningless.

Sadly for you....I also accessed Table 10 for 2012 from the CDC....and even the CDC shows that gun murders and gun accidents are going down, not up....so since you believe the CDC over the FBI table 8....you are still wrong......

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr63/nvsr63_09.pdf

So.....gun murder in 2012....11,622

So...gun murder 2013...11,208

From your CDC........which you say isn't studying guns........

Gun accidental deaths

I think the numbers have all been headed in the right direction. But clearly too many people are letting children get ahold of guns. One would hope drawing attention to these will wise people up so it happens less.

Going back to 2010....CDC final statistics table 10......accidental gun deaths.......

Then by year accidental gun deaths going down according to CDC final statistics table 10 from 2010-2013...

Actually, no. What they stopped was the CDC being an anti gun advocate........using tax dollars to push propaganda, not research...and actual research stayed the same and actually increased a little in recent years.....

And obama spent 10 million dollars on the CDC in 2013 to study all gun data.......and it didn't turn out the way they wanted..........too many defensive gun uses were found.....

No, they actually looked at all the research available on self defense with guns.....something we can't do because of time, money and access....and they still came out supporting Kleck..........and the other gun studies.....

Sadly for you....I also accessed Table 10 for 2012 from the CDC....and even the CDC shows that gun murders and gun accidents are going down, not up....so since you believe the CDC over the FBI table 8....you are still wrong......

Gun accidental deaths

I think the numbers have all been headed in the right direction. But clearly too many people are letting children get ahold of guns. One would hope drawing attention to these will wise people up so it happens less.

That is why gun safety needs to be taught along side fire safety in grade schools.......

The other issue is that the CDC (which keeps records on such things for some reason) says that there are no statistics available regarding children who pull the trigger in accidental shooting deaths.

Because the NRA convinced Republicans to pass a law banning the CDC from tracking gun related deaths.

10153708_995525010475064_535323282925204361_n_zps7ee299c2.jpg

Gun accidental deaths

That is why gun safety needs to be taught along side fire safety in grade schools.......

That's insane.

You would also have grade school kids and teachers all armed.

The other issue is that the CDC (which keeps records on such things for some reason) says that there are no statistics available regarding children who pull the trigger in accidental shooting deaths.

Gun accidental deaths

That's insane.

You would also have grade school kids and teachers all armed.

Asshole...gun safety is like fire safety...moron....is teaching fire safety having all the kids and teachers be given gasoline and a match by the firemen teaching fire safety....moron....and that image you posted....it is a lie.........

Last edited:
This is a lie...

Why the Gun Violence Archive Is Flawed From the Start - The Truth About Guns

With public opinion shifting against them, one group has now decided to try to make it seem that the numbers really are in their favor with a website they’ve dubbed the “Gun Violence Archive.” There’s just one problem: their methodology is flawed from the start . . .

The purpose of the site appears to be the collection and analysis of firearms related incidents in the United States. It’s a noble goal, but depending on who is doing the collection and their methodology that analysis can become incredibly slanted. Let’s take a look at who is behind this site:

The Gun Violence Archive [GVA] was established to carry on the work of Slate.com’s 2013 toll of deaths by gun violence. When GVA took the reins in 2014, the mission was expanded to also look at the tens of thousands of injuries and other acts of gun violence. The overall goal of GVA is to provide the best, most detailed, accessible data on the subject to add clarity to the ongoing discussion on gun violence, gun rights, and gun regulations.

Slate.com has been one of the more vocal proponents for civilian disarmament and infringement on the civil rights of Americans when it comes to firearms ownership. So already, I’m a little skeptical of the effort. Their methodology doesn’t help.

GVA began with the goal to provide a database of incidents of gun violence. To that end we utilize automated queries, manual research through over 1,200 media sources, aggregates, police blotters, police media outlets and other sources daily. Each incident is verified by both initial researchers and secondary validation processes. Links to each incident are included in the incident report to provide further information on each incident for researchers, advocate groups, media and legislative interests.

The front page of their website provides a real-time count (so they say) of deaths (broken out to highlight “children”), injuries, and other evil uses of firearms. Perhaps surprisingly, they include a “Defensive Use” number as well. The purpose is clear: they are trying to make the argument that, on balance, there are far more criminal and tragic uses of guns than defensive uses. But the problem is that their methodology will never accurately reflect the defensive use number.

The issue is that they are depending on media reports and police blotters for their information. While that might seem reasonable to the lay person, the fact of the matter is that the disparity in the reporting of defensive gun uses versus murders and shootings is so great as to make any analysis based on that data impossible.

The old admonition “if it bleeds it leads” is as true as it’s ever been, so virtually every shooting and gun-related death gets reported on the news and is reported to the police. But defensive gun uses? Frequently nothing happened. It’s doubtful that there would even be a police report about many of the incidents, let alone a mention in the news.

Gun safety classes in school makes about as much sense as teaching land mine disarmament as a high school elective.

Yes....and you are not very bright....since we have begun teaching fire safety in schools we have not had one child killed by a fire in a school.......just how fucking stupid are you anti-gun nuts anyway.......teaching kids how to move away from guns they may find and get an adult...yeah...real fucking dumb idea...right....?

and more....

Since you are clueless fucking moron...this is firearm safety education in a nutshell...moron...you teach kids these 4 things.

if they come across an unsupervised gun....they are taught in gun safety to...

1) stop
2) don't touch it
3) leave the room or immediate area
4) find a responsible adult....

What is so controversial about that dumb fuck......?

More fun with guns

Okay clueless....I have spent several posts with actual data from the much loved CDC, at least by you anti-gun nuts, showing that accidental gun deaths are going down, not up.....so post the videos moron...the truth, and reality say you are not only wrong but a moron spreading lies......

More fun with guns

And of course with such a small number of child accidental gun deaths...under 100 a year..there are far more kids using guns safely...like these....

Notice...she is a 3 gun competitor...rifle, shotgun and pistol....

I guess that you are right. My little girl was deprived because she never had a chance to fire an automatic rifle at age 9. I'm sure that her life experience was severely lessened by that.

I guess that you are right. My little girl was deprived because she never had a chance to fire an automatic rifle at age 9. I'm sure that her life experience was severely lessened by that.

No, having you as a parent has lessened her life experience...but besides that, your premise is that guns are dangerous...and they are...but no more dangerous than any other dangerous item in life...cars, pools, and poisons in the home...in fact...they are less dangerous because of accidents than cars, pools, and poisons in the home...as I have shown in these posts....and yet you would use gun accidents as a reason to keep law abiding, responsible people from owning them.......moron.....

Forum List

Back