Another "Clever" Racist gets his ass handed to him via Facebook

Kevin, I respected your honesty and ability to disagree without being disagreeable.
But, I completely disagree with the bolded above and disappointed that a person of your obvious intelligence would not be able to see the flaws in supporting a position like this.

Perhaps I didn’t word my position correctly (or maybe I did and we actually do disagree).

ClosedCaption said that “only black people” are mentioned when talking about the woes of welfare. I said, well if we look at it logically the black demographic makes up only 13% of the US population while accounting for 39% of all welfare recipients. CLEARLY, the black community is the hardest hit by any of the (debatable) negative effects of welfare, and it is therefore logical for politicians to mention this community specifically when talking about welfare.

That’s all I was saying, and don’t really understand why you’d have a problem with that.

I think I understand what you are saying pretty clearly. But it's not logical or helpful to act as if the whole problem is encapsulated in one community. There are different issues and different points of emphasis in the "perpetuation of poverty" issue. What works (or doesn't work) in the black community may do the opposite in the impoverished white community, so I get it - their may be differences.

But one is not worse and one is not better. The impact of poverty and the shortfalls of welfare is not worse in the black community. It has just as devastating effects in the white community. I think perpetuating stereotypes and feeding into that rhetoric is a disservice to blacks and whites. And a hindrance to finding solutions.

Just MHO

Thank you

I think I understand what you are saying pretty clearly. But it's not logical or helpful to act as if the whole problem is encapsulated in one community. There are different issues and different points of emphasis in the "perpetuation of poverty" issue. What works (or doesn't work) in the black community may do the opposite in the impoverished white community, so I get it - their may be differences.

Well let me point out a few things. First, my response to ClosedCaption was only meant to demonstrate WHY it would be logical for a politician to focus on the black community – specifically – when talking about the woes of welfare. That was honestly the extent and sole purpose of my comment.

Doing some simple math, it appears about 2% of whites are on welfare vs 12% of blacks. It’s an issue more pertinent in the black community, and I think that's a valid statement. When we talk about groups we need to focus on and help get back on their feet we generally want to start with one that is the hardest hit – right? We're talking 1.2 blacks on welfare for every 10 people (compared to 0.2 for every 10 when it comes to whites).

But one is not worse and one is not better. The impact of poverty and the shortfalls of welfare is not worse in the black community. It has just as devastating effects in the white community. I think perpetuating stereotypes and feeding into that rhetoric is a disservice to blacks and whites. And a hindrance to finding solutions.

I never said that welfare had a “worse” effect on whites when discussing this on a person by person basis. If you got that impression, it was incorrect. What stereotypes was I feeding?

Last edited:
Kevin - you said that the failures of the welfare state was having a more devastating effect on the black community. I think that is incorrect. And I think that type of rhetoric is harmful.

But I agree that we have to be able to talk about the issues open and honestly - without anyone getting all prickly and just looking for a chance to call someone else a racist. That's why I spent a lot of time defending Paul Ryan and what he said on the other thread.

I think the candidate in the OP of THIS thread did step over the line and I think some other posters on this thread went way too far in holding impoverished black responsible for their situation WHILE giving impoverished whites a pass.

I don't think your comments went nearly as far in that direction (maybe - in hindsight - you didn't go in that direction at all and I just lumped you in - that's wrong. My bad) So I don't mean to get all belligerent with people who might "poke a toe" over the line, but I do think the statement that the welfare state is having a more devastating effect on the black community is incorrect and not helpful.

Last edited:
Kevin - you said that the failures of the welfare state was having a more devastating effect on the black community. I think that is incorrect. And I think that type of rhetoric is harmful.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. If something was deemed to be harmful, and 50% of community A was consuming it and only 15% of community B was consuming it, which community would you predict would experience the larger devastating effect? Obviously, it’d be community A. Right? Do you get my angle here?

On a person by person basis welfare will have the same effect, obviously - white or black.

Also, maybe welfare IS doing more good than harm overall. I dunno, that's up for debate. That would change the nature of this conversation without a doubt.

But I agree that we have to be able to talk about the issues open and honestly - without anyone getting all prickly and just looking for a chance to call someone else a racist. That's why I spent a lot of time defending Paul Ryan and what he said on the other thread.

I think the candidate in the OP of THIS thread did step over the line and I think some other posters on this thread went way too far in holding impoverished black responsible for their situation WHILE giving impoverished whites a pass.

I agree that the rhetoric of the candidate in the OP was over the top and not a great way to start the discussion.

I don't think your comments went nearly as far in that direction (maybe - in hindsight - you didn't go in that direction at all and I just lumped you in - that's wrong. My bad) So I don't mean to get all belligerent with people who might "poke a toe" over the line, but I do think the statement that the welfare state is having a more devastating effect on the black community is incorrect and not helpful.

I’m not upset, and certainly don’t get upset because someone disagrees with me. I was frustrated with CloseCaption, but that was mostly due to the fact he was resorting to name-calling when I was trying my best to use logic and reason in a respectful manner.

Last edited:
Sorry to say but when will you realize that some of those on the far right really do struggle with reading anything closely and understanding. They call it comprehension.They are always ready to inject the thoughts of billy orielly and the rest of that herd.:eek:

Maybe when he brought up slavery he was talking to the Roman Americans :evil:

The man definitely drastically understated the atrocity of slavery (by saying owners "treated their slaves" well), but that doesn't make him a racist. That's not the definition "of a racist".

A racist would say that blacks are incapable of becoming a productive member of society and thus need masters. This man is simply saying the opposite and that people need to learn to empower themselves, and some of our gov't policies are preventing them from doing this. That's not racist.

Prior to the civil war, slaves were bought and sold for anywhere from $200 to $1500. The average was around $800. That would be close to $130,000 in today's money. With that much invested in a slave, I doubt there would be much brutalizing by the average slave owner. Slaves were often poorly fed, poorly clothed, and housed in horrible conditions. They were whipped, worked hard, and often demeaned, but few with any common sense, deliberately damaged such a valuable asset.

Not to say that brutality did not happen, but that would be like buying a new Diesel pusher RV, and then trashing it. Most of the evils that took place with Black people took place after the civil war, and lasted into the mid 1900's.

omg, it's on a dummy roll it believes it's hit on something, clever

now lets get our panties all in a bunch over something on facebook

wonder where the parents are?

how about you address the actual issue and not show everyone how you have the mind of a 5 year old.

Sorry to say but when will you realize that some of those on the far right really do struggle with reading anything closely and understanding. They call it comprehension.They are always ready to inject the thoughts of billy orielly and the rest of that herd.:eek:

The man definitely drastically understated the atrocity of slavery (by saying owners "treated their slaves" well), but that doesn't make him a racist. That's not the definition "of a racist".

A racist would say that blacks are incapable of becoming a productive member of society and thus need masters. This man is simply saying the opposite and that people need to learn to empower themselves, and some of our gov't policies are preventing them from doing this. That's not racist.

Prior to the civil war, slaves were bought and sold for anywhere from $200 to $1500. The average was around $800. That would be close to $130,000 in today's money. With that much invested in a slave, I doubt there would be much brutalizing by the average slave owner. Slaves were often poorly fed, poorly clothed, and housed in horrible conditions. They were whipped, worked hard, and often demeaned, but few with any common sense, deliberately damaged such a valuable asset.

Not to say that brutality did not happen, but that would be like buying a new Diesel pusher RV, and then trashing it. Most of the evils that took place with Black people took place after the civil war, and lasted into the mid 1900's.

Er, I don't think it's fair to say "most of the evils that took place" was after the civil war. Treating people like cattle is just about as evil as it gets. Not being considered an actual "person" is about an evil as it gets. Having absolutely no power over your life/decision making is about as evil as it gets.

But agree things didn't get much better after they were freed.

yeap a fucking racist.

helping people is hurting people.

how anyone bought that idiot line in the first place is beyond me

Ahh the retard bleats...
Shoving social entitlements down the throats of people is not 'helping'....It makes them dependent.

Yes makes them so dependent once you get on you are unable to get off of it.

The amazing thing is that nothing has really changed. The democrats still will provide food stamps, housing allowances, clothing allowances and even cell phones in order to for those in need to provide the one thing they really want and that's a vote.

All that has changed since slavery is what the people holding them down want from them. In the old days it was work. Make me money and I will give you just enough food to live on, a shitty shack to live in and a hope that someday you may be free (while making sure that can never happen with my rules), after all you can't make it without me.

The democrat party is doing the exact same thing. Just enough food to survive, a government housing voucher and a little hope as long as you abide by the democrat rules and vote for them. After all, according to the democrats these people can't live without them and their "caring assistance".

BTW the guy said that Slave owners took good care of their slaves AND Livestock. Yes he actually said that.
Oh yea, just like their livestock.

What is the difference? Minorities are herded into the democrat machine like livestock. Vote this way and we will provide for you. Step outside that box we have defined and we will destroy you. Stay in your cage and you get taken care of, step out and we send people to hunt you down.

Wow, Jim Brown is such a racist, I mean he used the "n" word so many times in his message, I lost track of what he was trying to say. Yeah, what a racist.

I find it most interesting that ClosedMinded immediately thinks of racism with the mention of slavery. There have been more than just one race that was slaves, but for ClosedMinded to think this refers to only one race, proves who the real racist is. Anyone who has to try so hard to find a reason to label one a racist, is someone who is trying to cover up the fact that they are a racist.

So now this is racism, this is just another attempt by free-speech hating leftists to intimidate and silence any differing views than theirs. They believe if they can label this racism, then they can expand on what racism is, and eventually get to the point where is anyone disagrees with a single word a leftists says, that person is a racist. People with leftist politics in this country are a greater threat to this nations freedoms and liberties than Al Jazeera, Al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations.

Yes, welfare is slavery, go ahead, call me a racist, as your lies will be unfounded. Oh, and before I go...sending a neg the OP's way for outright idiocy

Last edited:
yeap a fucking racist.

helping people is hurting people.

how anyone bought that idiot line in the first place is beyond me.

Here is a prime example that illustrates your profound ignorance [MENTION=5217]Truthmatters[/MENTION]. Helping this asshat loser liberal is hurting him because he's become a complete waste of a human life. He adds nothing to society. And guess what stupid, where is your government gravy train going to come from when you turn everybody in America into a liberal mooching parasite like this guy as you dream of doing?

Remember That Food Stamp Beach Bum? Sean Hannity Offered to Help Him Find a Job. This Is How He Responded

what makes it even more ironic is that this is coming from the party who is against a living wage :lol: Repubs are tone deaf.

We all know the story. Republican says that welfare is like....*drumroll* Slavery!!! Yes! Its just like Slavery minus the raping, killing, kidnapping, Shackles, Chains and stuff...but Just like it!! Some day Republicans will realize that comparing stuff to Slavery is just a bad a faux pas as comparing something to Hitler and Nazi Germany...

'Cept that happened to white people so its really worst than 400 years of slavery because...you know *wink*

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Brown-To-Congress/1395712604018604

Here's Jim Brown Canidate Hopeful

1779321_1405095586413639_1100163999_n.jpg

In a post on his Facebook page that was—in theory, anyway—about federal spending, Jim Brown, who’s running in Arizona’s 2nd Congressional District, compared modern-day “entitlements” to slavery. But even more disturbing, perhaps, he denied that slavery was, first and foremost, a brutally violent institution:

Back in the day of slavery, slaves were kept in slavery by denying them education and opportunity while providing them with their basic needs .. Not by beating them and starving them. (Although there were isolated cases if course) Basically slave owners took pretty good care of their slaves and livestock and this kept business rolling along.

This flies in the face, of course, of all credible historical accounts, including the recent Academy Award-winning film 12 Years a Slave. Brown’s comments, therefore, not only make him sound woefully ill-informed but—more troubling for Republicans—also make him and his party sound extreme, rendering him a potentially toxic candidate in a winnable district.

The seat that he’s seeking is currently held by Democratic Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick. But she barely won re-election in 2012, which makes her a prime, and realistic, Republican target for 2014—but only if the party offers a viable candidate with less-odious views.

In an era in which mixed-race families are the fastest-growing demographic in the nation, 2012 black-voter turnout surpassed that of other demographic groups, Latinos are the fastest-growing demographic of voters in the country and a film about slavery wins best picture—in part because of its unflinching depiction of the institution’s brutality—Brown’s revisionist notions won’t be considered mainstream enough to win elections.

The real question, for Republicans, continues to be this: Can a party that attracts candidates who continually make racially inflammatory remarks ever hope to attract black and brown voters?

In a word? No.

Arizona Republican Compares Government Spending to Slavery - The Root

jim_brown_comments_1.png.CROP.rtstoryvar-large.png

He's since removed it citing he wasnt "careful" with his wording. That old chestnut. *winky wink*

So um, I was just reading over this thread and... I was just wondering. How come it isn't racist when you tell blacks they can't make it without big government? How is it not racist when you preach black liberation theology or white guilt? Do you not understand how much of a hypocrite you Democrats are?

what makes it even more ironic is that this is coming from the party who is against a living wage :lol: Repubs are tone deaf.

A "living wage" is libtard code for "I'm greedy and lazy. I want more but am not willing to work for more and earn more".

Minimum wage from 25 years ago is more than enough for a "living wage" even in today's world. The problem is, the modern day Dumbocrat believes they should live like Bill Gates while working as hard as Homer Simpson.

Forum List

Back