Another Double shooting in Britain....they like to shoot two people in one go over there....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Nice to see your e-mail alerts are working...

But, um, the UK has a fraction of our violent crime.

Hey, fun story. A guy I know professionally was arrested last week. He and his wife got into an argument over finances, and he started slapping her around. When she tried to get away, he chased her down the street firing his gun.

The cops arrested him and found 26 guns and 3000 rounds of ammo.

Now, this is a guy who has been in my office, trying to sell me stuff. I feel kind of bad for him, he'll probably go to prison for the rest of his life instead of a mere fine for domestic violence.

Hey, fun story. A guy I know professionally was arrested last week. He and his wife got into an argument over finances, and he started slapping her around. When she tried to get away, he chased her down the street firing his gun.

Now, this is a guy who has been in my office, trying to sell me stuff. I feel kind of bad for him, he'll probably go to prison for the rest of his life instead of a mere fine for domestic violence.

Wrong....the UK has 2 x our violent crime but fewer actual murders.....they are more violent, but they don't kill as often...or they did...but that is changing as they import more violent immigrants who will do the killing regular Brits won't.....

Wow.....not surprising you know a nut job......do you guys have a club or something....

And guess what.....our current gun laws will allow the police to arrest this guy and then our current judicial system will probably let him back on the street so he can actually murder his wife.......

Our problem is not how many guns we have......it is how dumb our prosecutors and judges are....

So you think a man should get a "mere" fine for beating his wife?
An armed man who beats his wife should get prison but an unarmed man who beats his wife should get a mere fine.

Please explain how the gun makes him more or less of a criminal.

Yes......joe.....Britain is more violent than the U.S.........just ask Politifact, a left wing, anti gun site...

Social media post says U.K. has far higher violent crime rate than U.S. does

We thought Bier’s points were reasonable, so we tried to replicate his approach. We looked at the raw violent crime numbers for each country, using statistics for England and Wales for 2012 and for the United States for 2011, in a way that sought to compare apples to apples. (We should note that the United Kingdom includes Scotland and Northern Ireland, but the numbers in the meme appear to be based only on crime in England and Wales, which are calculated separately.)

For England and Wales, we added together three crime categories: "violence against the person, with injury," "most serious sexual crime," and "robbery." This produced a rate of 775 violent crimes per 100,000 people.

For the United States, we used the FBI’s four standard categories for violent crime that Bier cited. We came up with a rate of 383 violent crimes per 100,000 people.

Is this another double shooting in Britain......another one.....but they confiscated guns and have extreme gun control on their hunting shotguns....

Men seriously hurt after double shooting in Forest Gate

Two men in their 20s were treated in Dames Road, Forest Gate by paramedics at about 3.20pm and later rushed to hospital. Police were called after gunshots were reported in Anna Neagle Close.

Read more at: Men seriously hurt after double shooting in Forest Gate
Copyright © LONDON24
Another thread that fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Wow.....not surprising you know a nut job......do you guys have a club or something....

The point was, he wasn't a "nutjob" (I suspect you own more guns than he did.) He wasn't a criminal. He worked for a major corporation. and the availability of a gun in his home made a simple domestic battery into a near tragedy.

Yes......joe.....Britain is more violent than the U.S.........just ask Politifact, a left wing, anti gun site...

a social media post? Really? Weak Tea, Dick Tiny.

the-us-has-had-the-western-worlds-worst-rate-of-homicide-for-at-least-60-years.jpg

An armed man who beats his wife should get prison but an unarmed man who beats his wife should get a mere fine.

reality check, guy. Most people who are called on for Domestic Violence don't go to jail. They don't get hit with half-a million dollar bales like this guy did. When this fool started shooting in the street, he escalated.

The point was, he wasn't a "nutjob" (I suspect you own more guns than he did.) He wasn't a criminal. He worked for a major corporation. and the availability of a gun in his home made a simple domestic battery into a near tragedy.

a social media post? Really? Weak Tea, Dick Tiny.

the-us-has-had-the-western-worlds-worst-rate-of-homicide-for-at-least-60-years.jpg

Joe...you go straight to homicide rates...we were talking about violent crime.....I have told you over and over again that British criminals...even though they get guns when they want them and they are getting more guns all the time...they are importing more and more fully automatic weapons...but they don't use them to commit murder...they use them to intimidate and to shoot at each other....but they don't murder very often...but that is changing too...they are importing violent people from 3rd world countries who do commit murder easily.......

Their violent crime rate went up over 20% last year and their gun crime rate went up 4% last year...

reality check, guy. Most people who are called on for Domestic Violence don't go to jail. They don't get hit with half-a million dollar bales like this guy did. When this fool started shooting in the street, he escalated.

And you don't shoot a gun unless you have had a longer history of violence...this guy did not all of a sudden just reach for a gun....he likely had a long, extensive history of violent behavior toward the wife you don't even know about........

The myth of the normal person turned killer simply because they get a gun is just that...a myth......90% of gun murderers have long histories of violence and multiple felony convictions...so this guy just grabbing a gun one day is not the truth.,

Joe...you go straight to homicide rates...we were talking about violent crime.....

Which is very subjective and therefore useless as a metric. therefore not worthy of discussion.

You can't blurt out something like "the UK Has more rapes" only to sheepishly admit that the standard for rape is much lower in the UK than it is for the US, or that the UK has a culture where women are more likely to report a sexual assault because they don't slut-shame women like we do here.

Murder, on the other hand, is VERY Measurable. You have a dead body that didn't kill itself and didn't die of natural causes. and guess what, we got a lot more of those than the Brits have.

And you don't shoot a gun unless you have had a longer history of violence...this guy did not all of a sudden just reach for a gun....he likely had a long, extensive history of violent behavior toward the wife you don't even know about........

I've known this guy for 14 years. Never was anything to indicate anything like that. I know his company was in trouble. just got bought out by a bigger company. Also, the Police stated there had never been any prior incidents.

The myth of the normal person turned killer simply because they get a gun is just that...a myth......90% of gun murderers have long histories of violence and multiple felony convictions...so this guy just grabbing a gun one day is not the truth.,

Except this guy never had a criminal conviction. He was a salesman who was making six figures at one point. Now, we all sat around speculating what the "real story" was last week.

sorry, man, guns in the home don't make you safer.

But don't worry, guy, I'm sure you re going to "rub one out" by posting 20 links to stories about people who shot at a bad guy. Just make sure you keep some tissues next to your keyboard, okay?

Joe...you go straight to homicide rates...we were talking about violent crime.....

Which is very subjective and therefore useless as a metric. therefore not worthy of discussion.

You can't blurt out something like "the UK Has more rapes" only to sheepishly admit that the standard for rape is much lower in the UK than it is for the US, or that the UK has a culture where women are more likely to report a sexual assault because they don't slut-shame women like we do here.

Murder, on the other hand, is VERY Measurable. You have a dead body that didn't kill itself and didn't die of natural causes. and guess what, we got a lot more of those than the Brits have.

Yes..I know that you are not bright........but again..Britain has always had a low murder rate...their total murder rate is lower than our non gun murder rate.....this society has been able to inculcate values against easy murder...even among their criminal class....so even when they didn't confiscate their guns they had an incredibly low gun murder rate...

And on top of that.....we know for a fact that after they confiscated their guns and have imposed extreme gun control on even the low number of hunting shotguns.....their Olympic rifle team can't even train in Britain because of their anti-gun laws....... Their gun crime rate increased...and then went back to the same level as before the confiscation...

Their gun control laws did not lower the gun crime rate or the gun murder rate....

You are just wrong....wrong on every aspect of the gun debate...

I've known this guy for 14 years. Never was anything to indicate anything like that. I know his company was in trouble. just got bought out by a bigger company. Also, the Police stated there had never been any prior incidents.

Except this guy never had a criminal conviction. He was a salesman who was making six figures at one point. Now, we all sat around speculating what the "real story" was last week.

But don't worry, guy, I'm sure you re going to "rub one out" by posting 20 links to stories about people who shot at a bad guy. Just make sure you keep some tissues next to your keyboard, okay?

Yeah....ask battered women about how normal their husbands seemed before they were arrested........everyone but he woman thinks they are great guys.........

Again..we discuss guns and you have to talk about masterbating...you have a serious problem joe...get help.

Yeah....ask battered women about how normal their husbands seemed before they were arrested........everyone but he woman thinks they are great guys.........

Yet they were the ones who married them.

Not terribly sympathetic to women who get involved with guys who are bad news. They usually knew that going in.

Point isn't "Men are jerks'. Men are always going to be jerks. And women are going to love them, anyway.

Men who are jerks with guns, however, often leads to tragedy. Thousands of times a year.

Again..we discuss guns and you have to talk about masterbating...you have a serious problem joe...get help.

I don't have a problem, guy. I don't need a gun to compensate for something, or have castration terror when someone suggests that you don't have a right to one. That would be you.

Honestly, you start 10 gun threads a day, every day. Probably hundreds of posts with the same lame NRA talking points denying gravity.

Your fetish costs 33,000 lives, 70,000 injuries and 270 BILLION in economic losses every year. We'd be better off without guns than with them, as every other country that doesn't have a gun fetish proves.

I don't have a problem, guy. I don't need a gun to compensate for something, or have castration terror when someone suggests that you don't have a right to one. That would be you.

Honestly, you start 10 gun threads a day, every day. Probably hundreds of posts with the same lame NRA talking points denying gravity.

Your fetish costs 33,000 lives, 70,000 injuries and 270 BILLION in economic losses every year. We'd be better off without guns than with them, as every other country that doesn't have a gun fetish proves.

And besides having an odd...deeply disturbing sexual fixation on guns...you also lie almost every time you post....those two combined demonstrate deep seated mental health issues that you really need to have looked into by a trained medical professional.

And 1,500,000 million Americans who save lives and stop violent criminal attack and the other 356,991,876 million people ho do not use guns to commit murder would disagree with you

That you have to combine 21,000 suicides with guns ( 19,974 suicides were committed without guns) and 505 gun accidents....with the 8,124 gun murders....the majority committed by criminals with long histories of violent crime and multiple felony convictions...and the gun murder victims are by a rate of 70-80% also people with multiple felony convictions....

To lie about the average, normal gun owner...just demonstrates that you don't care about the truth in the discussion of gun ownership in America, and again takes us back to a deep seated paranoia that fits in with your dangerous sexual fixation and need to lie in general conversation....

You need help..before you hurt someone....

Yet they were the ones who married them.

Not terribly sympathetic to women who get involved with guys who are bad news. They usually knew that going in.

Point isn't "Men are jerks'. Men are always going to be jerks. And women are going to love them, anyway.

Men who are jerks with guns, however, often leads to tragedy. Thousands of times a year.

Here you go joe.......this talks about domestic abuse and the epidemic...in gun controlled Australia...

All of that domestic abuse in Australia...and they confiscated guns....

One of the first threads that caught my attention hen I first came to us message was about the rape epidemic in Australia in the Australia forum.....

Domestic Violence is not just limited to physical abuse… - Lexology

However, Domestic Violence can sometimes be far more difficult to identify, especially when there are no visual indicators of physical violence. All too often, Domestic Violence can go unnoticed by outsiders and victims may go without the necessary support they need.

------------

“In 2013-14, there were 66,016 occurrences of domestic and family violence reported to Queensland police. This equates to over 180 incidents of domestic and family violence being reported every day across the state. 17 homicides relating to domestic and family violence occurred in Queensland in 2012-13. On average, across Australia, one woman is killed by her partner every week. The annual cost of domestic and family violence to the Queensland economy is estimated to be between $2.7 billion to $3.2 billion.[4]

Last edited:
And 1,500,000 million Americans who save lives and stop violent criminal attack and the other 356,991,876 million people ho do not use guns to commit murder would disagree with you

There are not 1.5 million DGU. You gun nuts don't have that kind of restraint. there's no way you pull your Penis substitutes out 1,500,000 and only manage to kill 200 bad guys.

To lie about the average, normal gun owner...just demonstrates that you don't care about the truth in the discussion of gun ownership in America, and again takes us back to a deep seated paranoia that fits in with your dangerous sexual fixation and need to lie in general conversation....

Wow, guy, don't try to do psychology, you suck at it.

again, an average gun owner was in my office many times, until last week when he decided to turn his suburban street into a shooting gallery because his wife spent too much on shoes.

Forum List

Back