Another one bites the dust: Trump announces he is not running for President

Trump collapses
Donald Trump has had one of the quickest rises and falls in the history of Presidential politics. Last month we found him leading the Republican field with 26%. In the space of just four weeks he's dropped all the way down to 8%, putting him in a tie for fifth place with Ron Paul.
As Trump got more and more exposure over the last month Republicans didn't just decide they weren't interested in having him as their nominee- they also decided they flat don't like him. Only 34% of GOP voters now have a favorable opinion of Trump to 53% who view him in a negative light.

Trump really made hay out of the 'birther' issue and as the resonance of that has declined, so has his standing. In February we found that 51% of Republican primary voters thought Barack Obama was not born in the United States. Now with the release of his birth certificate only 34% of GOP partisans fall into that camp, and Trump's only in fifth place with that now smaller group of the electorate at 9%.

Public Policy Polling: Trump collapses

Well, I for one am glad that folks who support the GOP want nothing to do with fringe wackos. They are smart enough to realize the a circus side show many be entertaining but that's NOT what they want in their leadership.
That gives me at least some hope for the GOP.
And birthers/deathers, maybe you can find some way, way fringe party you can join that supports your wackiness. :cuckoo:

so trump totally trolled the libs for a month. I love it :lol:

Looks like Trump got trolled when Obama released his Birth Certificate

His GOP popularity tanked after that

Get real. Trump was never going ot run. Like he was going to give up what he's got going to be the president. He yanked obama's chain good. Obama should have just ignored him but he was too stupid too.

Aaahh... where did it say that? Where has this been announced anywhere for that matter?

I think you're all jumping the gun a little bit here. With Huckabumblebee out, Trump has a much better chance.

You'll are a little quick to count Trump out. I think he's got more mojo and tricks up his sleeve than you give him credit for.

Trump got Obama to play the Osama card in mid 11 instead of Nov 2012, gotta give Donald credit for that

Trump collapses
Donald Trump has had one of the quickest rises and falls in the history of Presidential politics. Last month we found him leading the Republican field with 26%. In the space of just four weeks he's dropped all the way down to 8%, putting him in a tie for fifth place with Ron Paul.
As Trump got more and more exposure over the last month Republicans didn't just decide they weren't interested in having him as their nominee- they also decided they flat don't like him. Only 34% of GOP voters now have a favorable opinion of Trump to 53% who view him in a negative light.

Trump really made hay out of the 'birther' issue and as the resonance of that has declined, so has his standing. In February we found that 51% of Republican primary voters thought Barack Obama was not born in the United States. Now with the release of his birth certificate only 34% of GOP partisans fall into that camp, and Trump's only in fifth place with that now smaller group of the electorate at 9%.

Public Policy Polling: Trump collapses

Well, I for one am glad that folks who support the GOP want nothing to do with fringe wackos. They are smart enough to realize the a circus side show many be entertaining but that's NOT what they want in their leadership.
That gives me at least some hope for the GOP.
And birthers/deathers, maybe you can find some way, way fringe party you can join that supports your wackiness. :cuckoo:

What are you talking about.

Trump was like the Pied Piper, and the cons who supported him were like the children he lured into the cave.

It was a pathetic display (by the cons, that is).

While Trump was a joke to anyone with an ounce of common sense, the cons couldn't even see it for the joke it was.

And now that Paul, and Bachmann, and Gingrich, (and maybe even Palin) are getting a serious look by conservatives, one can't help but wonder if Alan Keyes is thinking that this just might be HIS year to throw his hat into the mosh pit of GOP presidential politics.

Get real. Trump was never going ot run. Like he was going to give up what he's got going to be the president. He yanked obama's chain good. Obama should have just ignored him but he was too stupid too.

Obama publicly humiliated Trump and all his rightwing support vanished

Poor Donald....everyone is mocking you

I don't think it's appropriate for the president to "publicly humiliate" a private citizen - or anyone for that matter.

You do?

What other president has ever publicly humiliated an individual?

Actually I wish he had hung on through at least the preliminary primary events. We all knew from the beginning that he was the longest of the long shots to win the GOP nomination. Yes he is an egotist but he is a fearless and 100% politically incorrect egotist which made him invaluable in the debates. He brings up the elephants in the room that the others tiptoe around and pretend don't exist. And he would have forced everybody, including Obama and the Democrats to talk about those issues.

He wouldn't have been the annointed candidate, but he was our best shot to know better what we will get in the candidates we annoint.

Obama was obviously terrified of a Donald Trump candidacy and did not want him involved in the process. He wants squishy, non commital, unconvincing 'moderate' Republicans like McCain to run against as he can then pretend again that he is the conservative and win re-election.

:eusa_eh:.. I don't think so.

It seems there's been more drop out than announce, though.. Who is actually in that has a chance at the nomination? Newt? Mitt (?)? Daniels (?)?

It's a tough year for the GOP. I think anyone serious about winning in a general, should hold off til' 2016.. 'Cause it deffinitely doesn't look good this time around.

Aaahh... where did it say that? Where has this been announced anywhere for that matter?

I think you're all jumping the gun a little bit here. With Huckabumblebee out, Trump has a much better chance.

You'll are a little quick to count Trump out. I think he's got more mojo and tricks up his sleeve than you give him credit for.

Read it and weep

Donald Trump has just released the following statement announcing he will not be running for the Republican nomination after all:

After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the Presidency. This decision does not come easily or without regret; especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country. I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election

yea right. The only ones who ever actually beleived trump would run were brain dead libs. God you guys are dumb

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Read it and weep

Donald Trump has just released the following statement announcing he will not be running for the Republican nomination after all:

After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the Presidency. This decision does not come easily or without regret; especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country. I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election

Hey aaaahh... ever here about the board rule about POSTING A LINK?

Sheeezuz... where the fuck is your head at man?

I don't think it's appropriate for the president to "publicly humiliate" a private citizen - or anyone for that matter.

You do?

What other president has ever publicly humiliated an individual?

Awwww....poor child

Donald looked like he was going to throw a temper tantrum at the Corresponents Dinner

Hard to believe some right wingers took him seriously.....right slooki?

The Donald is self-mocking. There's no need for anyone else to do it.

Actually I wish he had hung on through at least the preliminary primary events. We all knew from the beginning that he was the longest of the long shots to win the GOP nomination. Yes he is an egotist but he is a fearless and 100% politically incorrect egotist which made him invaluable in the debates. He brings up the elephants in the room that the others tiptoe around and pretend don't exist. And he would have forced everybody, including Obama and the Democrats to talk about those issues.

He wouldn't have been the annointed candidate, but he was our best shot to know better what we will get in the candidates we annoint.

Obama was obviously terrified of a Donald Trump candidacy and did not want him involved in the process. He wants squishy, non commital, unconvincing 'moderate' Republicans like McCain to run against as he can then pretend again that he is the conservative and win re-election.

:eusa_eh:.. I don't think so.

It seems there's been more drop out than announce, though.. Who is actually in that has a chance at the nomination? Newt? Mitt (?)? Daniels (?)?

It's a tough year for the GOP. I think anyone serious about winning in a general, should hold off til' 2016.. 'Cause it deffinitely doesn't look good this time around.

Romney should get the nod unopposed. it would be the best thing the Republicans could do. Either that or get some balls and back Ron Paul.

Read it and weep

Hey aaaahh... ever here about the board rule about POSTING A LINK?

Sheeezuz... where the fuck is your head at man?

Read a thread before you post and look like an idiot

where the fuck is your head man?

As I posted on the other 'Trump is out' thread, I wish he had stayed in at least through the preliminary primaries. Trump would have made all the candidates on both sides talk about real issues more than just the standard campaign sound bites and canned talking points. He wouldn't have been the candidate, but he is brash enough, blunt enough, unpolitically corect enough that he would have forced it to be real. He was never going to be the nominee, but he was our best chance to force candidates to really reveal who they are and what they are about.

Obama was afraid of him. I think Obama and company are going to be working hard to destroy any credible GOP candidate and promote the squishy, non commital 'moderates' like McCain so that Obama can then run as the decisive conservative and win re-election.

Forum List

Back