Another perspective

OK we have had multiple threads about how blacks can do this or that and usually when the subject is turned to whites the thread gets trolled or moved. How about we look at a phenomenon called White Fragility. This is a term coined by a white female, Dr. Robin Deangelo.

th

White people in North America live in a social environment that protects and insulates them from race-based stress
. This insulated environment of racial protection builds white expectations for racial comfort while at the same time lowering the ability to tolerate racial stress, leading to what I refer to as White Fragility. White Fragility is a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes intolerable, triggering a range of defensive moves. These moves include the outward display of emotions such as anger, fear, and guilt, and behaviors such as argumentation, silence, and leaving the stress-inducing situation. These behaviors, in turn, function to reinstate white racial equilibrium.”

“Any white person living in the United States will develop opinions about race simply by swimming in the water of our culture. But mainstream sources—schools, textbooks, media—don’t provide us with the multiple perspectives we need. Yes, we will develop strong emotionally laden opinions, but they will not be informed opinions. Our socialization renders us racially illiterate. When you add a lack of humility to that illiteracy (because we don’t know what we don’t know), you get the break-down we so often see when trying to engage white people in meaningful conversations about race.”

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

We have heard all the many ways blacks are fucked up and how we need to change according to the many whites here. How about we now look at what WHITES can did to erase the division by race in America?
Johnnie Turner says black people have to tell their stories. People have to hear the stories or they won't know. Instead of just bonking white people over the head for being ignorant racists, why not tell the stories that would help us SEE the other side. What happens here in discussion about race never gets us anywhere because no one's perspective gets changed. We can't walk in your shoes until you tell us what it is like on a daily basis. Don't scream it at us or exaggerate it. Just tell the stories.
Just a suggestion.
Doesnt matter what form the truth is put in. Whites just deny it. Any Black person that wastes time telling white people the truth be it in story form or any other form is a fool. The only way that it is worth the time is if you have a chance to educate other Blacks that may overhear the conversation.
The separatist speaks. This isn't your thread, A, since the OP is actually based on the hope of DIALOGUE.

I'm not a black separatist but what whites need to understand is why there may be blacks who feel this is needed. The black separatist isn't the same as the white one. The reasons for their beliefs are completely different. This is all part of whites learning to listen to our experience.

Don't get this conflated and do not let others here who will do so do it either.

Telling us what we need to understand. Yeah, that's a good way to open a dialog.

How would you like it if I told you what YOU need to understand?

The separatist speaks. This isn't your thread, A, since the OP is actually based on the hope of DIALOGUE.

Think that is a wonderful point Old Lady.

Dialogue is pretty much a discussion involving at least two points of view (they don't have to be contradictory).
Monologue ... Well that is a different story ... And should be accepted as one's desire to express their own point of view ... And is not dependent on open discussion.

Racism is about hearing 2 points of view. You are not wiling to listen to my point of view. You want me to read Thomas Sowell . That's not listening to my point of view.

Racism is about thinking that race determines outcomes, and normally that one's race is superior or another's is inferior.

What you described is meaningful exchange of ideas.

Reading Thomas Sowell would be YOU listening to HIS point of view.

Which is HALF of a meaningful exchange of ideas.

Is that what you really want? Or do you just want to lecture US?

It's time to have a real debate about racism with all of the factors on the table

People have moved past the white liberal guilt syndrome because:
1) there is a 5 to 1 Black to White murder ratio
2) 6000 to 1 Black to White rape ratio
3) 20000 to 1 Black to White armed robbery ratio
4) Blacks are 1.5X more likely to commit a hate crime than Whites
5) Affirmative Action violates people's civil right to education and employment
6) the Corrupt Democratic Party blocking Voter ID laws is a violation of people's Right to Vote because it enable Dem Voters to vote multiple times under fake names and non-citizens to erase the votes of American citizens
Average_Number_of_Assaults%20122016.png

Victims of Sexual Violence: Statistics | RAINN

I took one at random.

Guess who lied?
Oops, I DID post the wrong picture!

Again the deplorable claim ~ 2) 6000 to 1 Black to White rape ratio

Race_of_Perpetrators%20122016.png
Yep, you still do not get it.
You don't understand what ratio means.
OK, Einstein share with the class how you get 57/27 to be 1/6000

Blacks are only 13% of the population. So yes, they rape at a higher rate than anyone else.

It's time to have a real debate about racism with all of the factors on the table

People have moved past the white liberal guilt syndrome because:
1) there is a 5 to 1 Black to White murder ratio
2) 6000 to 1 Black to White rape ratio
3) 20000 to 1 Black to White armed robbery ratio
4) Blacks are 1.5X more likely to commit a hate crime than Whites
5) Affirmative Action violates people's civil right to education and employment
6) the Corrupt Democratic Party blocking Voter ID laws is a violation of people's Right to Vote because it enable Dem Voters to vote multiple times under fake names and non-citizens to erase the votes of American citizens
Average_Number_of_Assaults%20122016.png

Victims of Sexual Violence: Statistics | RAINN

I took one at random.

Guess who lied?
Oops, I DID post the wrong picture!

Again the deplorable claim ~ 2) 6000 to 1 Black to White rape ratio

Race_of_Perpetrators%20122016.png
Yep, you still do not get it.
You don't understand what ratio means.
OK, Einstein share with the class how you get 57/27 to be 1/6000

Blacks are only 13% of the population. So yes, they rape at a higher rate than anyone else.

IF they raped at TWICE the rate of the others, they would only be 26% of the preps.

So let me ask you this,

What does any of these things have to do with the issue of white fragility?

Or are you just trolling like many of the others hoping you can get this thread closed?

Responding to your wandering posts is not a violation of forum policy.
Disassembling your utter nonsense in regards to every point you try to express might be a reason you would request the thread being closed.

If you are too fragile to handle the responses ... Then I would suggest you quit wandering around.
If you have a salient point to make that supports the nonsense you care to address as White Fragility ... Then get to it.

Nobody wrote you a blank check, carte blanche to spew your maligned hatred unchallenged.

"maligned hatred?" That's a bit much.
No one can listen when they're under attack, so I don't expect an answer to this, but is there ANYTHING in the OP that you could own as possibly something you do? I don't see you as a racist, but I agree that all of us are the product of our raising, and the unconscious, unwritten and unspoken values around us are almost never analyzed. I believe you when you say you have no issue with black folks in your daily life. For you, that is as far as the matter should go. For some of us, I think that's good enough.
You will change the world in another way.

I disagree. This person has major problems with racism. Non racist whites are able to handle a discussion of subject like this without doing all the things this person has done. Even when they disagree with us. I know this from experience. Unfortunately for many here (not including you) I have not just lived isolated .on an all black island without ever having any contact or relationships with white people. Again this is the difference between blacks and whites. Whites can live in places where they may never ever see anyone black. Blacks cannot say that. I've been to Atlanta, DC, Baltimore and places that are majority black and still you do not have a situation where there are no interactions between blacks and whites. But you go to one of these rural all white towns and see if you can say the same. Or even urban white suburbs.

No one can listen when they're under attack, so I don't expect an answer to this, but is there ANYTHING in the OP that you could own as possibly something you do? I don't see you as a racist, but I agree that all of us are the product of our raising, and the unconscious, unwritten and unspoken values around us are almost never analyzed. I believe you when you say you have no issue with black folks in your daily life. For you, that is as far as the matter should go. For some of us, I think that's good enough.

I haven't attacked anyone.
If what I post to challenge the opinions of the person I am responding to somehow makes them feel threatened ... Then perhaps they are too fragile for this environment.

I don't put much stock in what people would to apply the term racist to (overused and abused).
But I can tell you that my parents raised me completely absent the negative influence their parents (my grandparents) openly displayed in regards to race.

They taught me the importance of independence.
They taught me the foolishness of blaming anyone other than myself for my failures.
They taught me the importance of learning from the world around me ... And the ability to take that and apply it to dedicated purpose.

I have issues with plenty of people I encounter in my daily life ... Those issues are just not ever based on race.
My biggest issue is when people are more interested in blaming someone else than addressing a more proactive and beneficial course of action.
Another issue I have is when people make piss-poor excuses or determinations in order to camouflage their insecurities ... Instead of an honest assessment.

My language may be tough at times ... But it is a tough world out there ... It is better to be prepared.

So let me ask you this,

Or are you just trolling like many of the others hoping you can get this thread closed?

Disassembling your utter nonsense in regards to every point you try to express might be a reason you would request the thread being closed.

If you are too fragile to handle the responses ... Then I would suggest you quit wandering around.
If you have a salient point to make that supports the nonsense you care to address as White Fragility ... Then get to it.

Nobody wrote you a blank check, carte blanche to spew your maligned hatred unchallenged.

I disagree. This person has major problems with racism. Non racist whites are able to handle a discussion of subject like this without doing all the things this person has done. ....

And there we go.

Since he disagrees with you, he must be racist.

And you claim to want dialog.

lol!!!

OK we have had multiple threads about how blacks can do this or that and usually when the subject is turned to whites the thread gets trolled or moved. How about we look at a phenomenon called White Fragility. This is a term coined by a white female, Dr. Robin Deangelo.

th

White people in North America live in a social environment that protects and insulates them from race-based stress
. This insulated environment of racial protection builds white expectations for racial comfort while at the same time lowering the ability to tolerate racial stress, leading to what I refer to as White Fragility. White Fragility is a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes intolerable, triggering a range of defensive moves. These moves include the outward display of emotions such as anger, fear, and guilt, and behaviors such as argumentation, silence, and leaving the stress-inducing situation. These behaviors, in turn, function to reinstate white racial equilibrium.”

“Any white person living in the United States will develop opinions about race simply by swimming in the water of our culture. But mainstream sources—schools, textbooks, media—don’t provide us with the multiple perspectives we need. Yes, we will develop strong emotionally laden opinions, but they will not be informed opinions. Our socialization renders us racially illiterate. When you add a lack of humility to that illiteracy (because we don’t know what we don’t know), you get the break-down we so often see when trying to engage white people in meaningful conversations about race.”

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

We have heard all the many ways blacks are fucked up and how we need to change according to the many whites here. How about we now look at what WHITES can did to erase the division by race in America?
Johnnie Turner says black people have to tell their stories. People have to hear the stories or they won't know. Instead of just bonking white people over the head for being ignorant racists, why not tell the stories that would help us SEE the other side. What happens here in discussion about race never gets us anywhere because no one's perspective gets changed. We can't walk in your shoes until you tell us what it is like on a daily basis. Don't scream it at us or exaggerate it. Just tell the stories.
Just a suggestion.
Doesnt matter what form the truth is put in. Whites just deny it. Any Black person that wastes time telling white people the truth be it in story form or any other form is a fool. The only way that it is worth the time is if you have a chance to educate other Blacks that may overhear the conversation.

I'm not a black separatist but what whites need to understand is why there may be blacks who feel this is needed. The black separatist isn't the same as the white one. The reasons for their beliefs are completely different. This is all part of whites learning to listen to our experience.

Don't get this conflated and do not let others here who will do so do it either.

Telling us what we need to understand. Yeah, that's a good way to open a dialog.

Well if it is what I need to understand then I m fine with it. But you aren't going to present me with things I don't understand. You are going to try presenting me with fake news that you think are facts I need to understand. The reality here is there are things whites need to understand about black people. Whether or not you like it being said doesn't matter. This is how grown folk come to understandings Correll. Explaining what people don't understand so they can.

So let me ask you this,

I disagree. This person has major problems with racism. Non racist whites are able to handle a discussion of subject like this without doing all the things this person has done. ....

And there we go.

lol!!!

Well no that's not it. Besides this article is not my opinion but the facts from. a well known and respected WHITE Ph.D in the field who is relating her experiences in trying to talk to white people about racism. Maybe you read the article Corell? How about that?

Just a suggestion.

Well if it is what I need to understand then I m fine with it. But you aren't going to present me with things I don't understand. You are going to try presenting me with fake news that you think are facts I need to understand. The reality here is there are things whites need to understand about black people. Whether or not you like it being said doesn't matter. This is how grown folk come to understandings Correll. Explaining what people don't understand so they can.

So, you want me to understand black people, implying that I don't,

while you reject the idea that you might need to understand something about white people.

That sounds very much like what I said, earlier, ie that you want to lecture us like we were naughty children.

Grown people don't like being lectured to like they are naughty children.

All you are doing it the same shit that the left has been doing since the 60s.

And we are done with that.

VEry much done.

So let me ask you this,

And there we go.

lol!!!

Well no that's not it. Besides this article is not my opinion but the facts from. a well known and respected WHITE Ph.D in the field who is relating her experiences in trying to talk to white people about racism. Maybe you read the article Corell? How about that?

The unsupported opinion of a PHD, is just as much an unsupported opinion as anyone else's.

It is not fact.

If there was any attempt at supporting data in the link, you should have led with that, instead of the normal race bullshit.

White Fragility is just another excuse for liberals to dismiss arguments they can't refute honestly.

What poster posts in this forum and this forum only? The poster who's obsessed with race, that's who. ;)

Now I ain't mentionin' no names, but.. :rolleyes:

The truth is self-evident.

And there we go.

lol!!!

The unsupported opinion of a PHD, is just as much an unsupported opinion as anyone else's.

It is not fact.

If there was any attempt at supporting data in the link, you should have led with that, instead of the normal race bullshit.

White Fragility is just another excuse for liberals to dismiss arguments they can't refute honestly.

Except the opinion is supported by years for workshops on racism with whites she has done .

This is the race and racism area. I think I can lead with race here if I so choose. If we were in another section your whining would have merit..

th

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

Just a suggestion.

I was speaking specifically to Aesclepius, who is quite openly a separatist, at least last time I talked with him. Did I make a judgment on that, or did you just worry that I was?

What poster posts in this forum and this forum only? The poster who's obsessed with race, that's who. ;)

Who is obsessed with race?

You?

Who posts only in tis section and other?

You?

Because I post in politics and don't see you there anywhere. In fact I don't see most of these white racists there or anywhere else.

And are there any rules here that says a member must participate in a certain number of different forums?

No.

So what's the point?

Thread derailment perhaps?

You?

You?

Because I post in politics and don't see you there anywhere. In fact I don't see most of these white racists there or anywhere else.

And are there any rules here that says a member must participate in a certain number of different forums?

No.

So what's the point?

The point is: You have nothing but racism.

If what I post to challenge the opinions of the person I am responding to somehow makes them feel threatened ... Then perhaps they are too fragile for this environment.

I don't put much stock in what people would to apply the term racist to (overused and abused).
But I can tell you that my parents raised me completely absent the negative influence their parents (my grandparents) openly displayed in regards to race.

They taught me the importance of independence.
They taught me the foolishness of blaming anyone other than myself for my failures.
They taught me the importance of learning from the world around me ... And the ability to take that and apply it to dedicated purpose.

I have issues with plenty of people I encounter in my daily life ... Those issues are just not ever based on race.
My biggest issue is when people are more interested in blaming someone else than addressing a more proactive and beneficial course of action.
Another issue I have is when people make piss-poor excuses or determinations in order to camouflage their insecurities ... Instead of an honest assessment.

My language may be tough at times ... But it is a tough world out there ... It is better to be prepared.

I was saying YOU have been under attack. So read that part again, knowing that.

I was speaking specifically to Aesclepius, who is quite openly a separatist, at least last time I talked with him. Did I make a judgment on that, or did you just worry that I was?

You made an accurate assessment ... And although I cannot speak for Asclepias, he has made his intentions clear upon occasion.
Hell ... I don't even fault him for it (albeit I may not support his direction) ... He is consistent and stalwart in his application.

th

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

Just a suggestion.

Neither. I am saying that the fact he is a separatist should not be conflated as the same as white separatists. Generally blacks who feel the need to separate is because we haven't been able to get along as races. They want separation because of white racism. White separatists do not hold those views. They feel they are superior and want to be separate because of that. So while I may not hold the same views, I am able to understand his reasoning for feeling as he does. Therefore to just haul off and call him a separatist is to deny him the experience he has had which made him feel that separation is the only solution. and it allows others to lump him in with white separatists like they all have the same reason for wanting to separate. Had there been no slavery, white racism or no continuing white racism, there would be no blacks wanting to separate. You cannot say that for whites who want to separate.

Last edited:

You?

You?

No.

So what's the point?

The point is: You have nothing but racism.

That would be you. I have a wonderful life. .

Forum List

Back