Another perspective

Not getting your point and I dont see anything about it being under a liberal arts college. Not that it makes a difference but where did you get that? Are you saying her research isnt valid because of it?

No ... I am not saying her work is invalid because it falls under the Liberal Arts college.
I am saying it invalid based on the fact it isn't properly supported ... And doesn't include a respectable criteria tolerance.

The best I can do is ask you to read what she has stated again.
This time look at the way the argument she makes is presented ... And it will become suspicious at best.

She presents her case as an absolute.
Then she tries to prove it is absolute using examples of a person's behavior as a means to support her hypothesis.
Those examples include (but are not restricted to) ...

Say something
Don't say something
Simply walk away

It is a perfectly infallible case ... She set her required criteria to meet any possible result ... :thup:
She could not have possibly proven her hypothesis wrong ... Because her criteria for being correct was any result she could possibly arrive at.

I mean you can accept that as sufficient proof of her theory/hypothesis ... But it would be kind of hard for anyone with a science background to accept it.
It wouldn't be hard to accept as a matter of race ... But as a means of faulty experimentation.

And don't bring psychology into it ... Because she uses psychological tools to facilitate irrelevant and unsupported points.
She basically states that if you doubt her theory and know damn well it doesn't apply to you ... Then it still exists in your sub-conscious and she is right anyway.

If you cannot recognize that as a bunch of self serving bullshit ... All I can say is that you just want to believe what she presents.

Its not properly supported to you. That by no means invalidates it.

I listened to what she said and its the same thing Blacks have observed about whites forever.

All I can say is that as a white person your reaction is exactly what she predicted. If you guys want some data there it is. :itsok:

All I can say is that as a white person your reaction is exactly what she predicted. If you guys want some data there it is. :itsok:

Well at least you can agree with my point ... Which was no matter how I reacted it would have been what she predicted.
If your willing to accept her assertions as a matter of faith ... Feel free to kneel at the alter of your new master ... Hope everything works out for the two of you ... ;)

You cannot prove her assertion white people suffer from a desire to avoid a conversation regarding race in order to avoid discomfort or a stressful race based situation.
I am white and have been here since the first day her bullshit was posted in this forum.
That certainly isn't an attempt to avoid the conversation ... By any measure.

Last edited:

Well at least you can agree with my point ... Which was no matter how I reacted it would have been what she predicted.
If your willing to accept her assertions as a matter of faith ... Feel free to kneel at the alter of your new master ... Hope everything works out for the two of you ... ;)

You cannot prove her assertion white people suffer from a desire to avoid a conversation regarding race in order to avoid discomfort or a stressful race based situation.
I am white and have been here since the first day her bullshit was posted in this forum.

I dont have to prove it. White people prove it for me everyday. I mean look at your reaction. Denial based on stress.

No And that is not her assertion. You are not comfortable having a discussion on race. For you to be comfortable with talking to me abut race, I have to read Thomas Sowell tell me how to be black. If not I'm being race pimped. Therefore your racial viewpoint must be the only one considered so if I present race to you from my perspective you lose the comfort of having your racial viewpoint unchallenged and so you must argue on endlessly to prove that your racial viewpoint is valid. This you have done for at least the past 5 days.

I dont have to prove it. White people prove it for me everyday. I mean look at your reaction. Denial based on stress.

But you just proved yourself wrong ... If you deny you proved yourself wrong that would be based on stress and your inability to cope with the truth :itsok:
I am predicting you will agree with me or not ... Furthermore, if I am correct ... You will post something else or you won't.

No And that is not her assertion. You are not comfortable having a discussion on race. For you to be comfortable with talking to me abut race, I have to read Thomas Sowell tell me how to be black. If not I'm being race pimped. Therefore your racial viewpoint must be the only one considered so if I present race to you from my perspective you lose the comfort of having your racial viewpoint unchallenged and so you must argue on endlessly to prove that your racial viewpoint is valid. This you have done for at least the past 5 days.

Thanks for sharing that with everyone and providing us with the perfect example of how I am correct about everything.
I can only encourage you to post some more stupid crap ... In hopes you will help me further prove my point.

This is fun ... Now I know why Multicultural nit-wits are so attracted to the method.
Everyone always gets to be correct in their stupidity ... And we can call each other stupid and incorrect all day.

Now come on ... Post some more ... Give me some more data to observe.
We are going to have to do this non-stop for the next 20 years just to catch up with Dr. Deangelo ... :thup:

Why dont you write her and ask?
Because I’m not the one trying passing her opinion off as science...that’s her responsibility, as the one proposing the “theory” that’s just opinion. Why would I? Don’t resort to appeals to ignorance.
anyway I’m done with this thread. I’m actually someone who does believe the police are heavy handed...but apparently there’s no reason to be found here. Just mental masterbation generalizations.
Issues of the mind typically are just educated musings and observations. Police being heavy handed is typically reported and documented without having to do a study. Not even remotely the same ball park.
Nope psychology uses scientific studies like the rest of science. There is neither stats or study done in this doctors case. Just her opinion. And yes we do have stats and documentation on police shootings, as well as plenty of studies, e.g. negligent shootings went down when police were trained to keep their fingers off the trigger until it was required to fire.
Nope. Psychology cannot accurately predict what a person thinks. Its all supposition. Show me one study that can scientifically predict how a persons mind will react in a given situation.
I can’t help you because you have blinders on. I assume you’re at least college educated, and should know some of this. There are thousands of these studies, using the scientific method. And no they do not make generalizations as you suppose, that’s just silly. Your esteemed doctor on the other hand seems to think it’s ok to make generalizations. Here’s an easy test to see if what she is saying is ridiculous. Replace white with black, Hispanic, Asian etc or any other race...and see how well it rolls off of the tongue.

Your esteemed doctor on the other hand seems to think it’s ok to make generalizations. Here’s an easy test to see if what she is saying is ridiculous. Replace white with black, Hispanic, Asian etc or any other race...and see how well it rolls off of the tongue.

Now come on ... How in the hell would the method you just suggested lead to us better understanding Multiculturalism ...:dunno:
I mean for goodness sakes ... Your method would involve addressing things through the spectrum of multiple cultures.

No one like Dr. Deangelo with a Masters Multicultural Studies would ever support the idea of not blaming or bashing white people ...
Especially if it is only for some less than productive reason in the first place.

Thanks for sharing that with everyone and providing us with the perfect example of how I am correct about everything.
I can only encourage you to post some more stupid crap ... In hopes you will help me further prove my point.

This is fun ... Now I know why Multicultural nit-wits are so attracted to the method.
Everyone always gets to be correct in their stupidity ... And we can call each other stupid and incorrect all day.

Now come on ... Post some more ... Give me some more data to observe.
We are going to have to do this non-stop for the next 20 years just to catch up with Dr. Deangelo ... :thup:

You keep talking but you produce no evidence.

Your esteemed doctor on the other hand seems to think it’s ok to make generalizations. Here’s an easy test to see if what she is saying is ridiculous. Replace white with black, Hispanic, Asian etc or any other race...and see how well it rolls off of the tongue.

Now come on ... How in the hell would the method you just suggested lead to us better understanding Multiculturalism ...:dunno:
I mean for goodness sakes ... Your method would involve addressing things through the spectrum of multiple cultures.

No one like Dr. Deangelo with a Masters Multicultural Studies would ever support the idea of not blaming or bashing white people ...
Especially if it is only for some less than productive reason in the first place.

The problem with your opinion is that you forget that whites have forced us to address things only through the spectrum of white culture which you seem to think hasn't happened. So now that we are saying this is what you have done and what you are trying to do now, then you want to clam that your perspective is not being heard. Whites are being blamed for what they have done and what they continue doing just as whites have blamed everyone else. The less productive position is the claim of white victimization that you are really trying to make.

You keep talking but you produce no evidence.

The fact I keep talking is evidence in itself that I am not trying to avoid a conversation with you about race.

But ... My prediction is that your fragility won't allow you to accept that.
We are following Dr. Deangelo's lead now ... And even if you think I am incorrect ... Sub-consciously you know I am correct.

I guess all I can say is post it some more ... Just so I have more data to observe.
Since I set my criteria for proof ... As anything you could possibly do ... Anything you do will prove me right.

I am not even wondering how long it will take you to figure that out.
I know you won't ... You agree with the fact you haven't ... And there really isn't anything else to say.

The problem with your opinion is that you forget that whites have forced us to address things only through the spectrum of white culture which you seem to think hasn't happened.

That isn't anything I have said.
You are free to use Dr. Deangelo's method and make anything I could do or say mean anything you want.
Screw it ... I agreed with you pages/days ago when you suggested she made all this shit up.

I have not forgotten what whites have done ... And never suggested that whites have not attempted to influence the discussion.
It is obvious that whites have attempted to influence the discussion ... You quoted a white person in your OP ... Dumbass ... :thup:

We won't even talk about the fact that simply having a discussion ... Is the way you, me or that nit-wit Dr. Deangelo could possibly influence anything through a discussion.

The problem with your opinion is that you forget that whites have forced us to address things only through the spectrum of white culture which you seem to think hasn't happened.

You are free to use Dr. Deangelo's method and make anything I could do or say mean anything you want.
Screw it ... I agreed with you pages/days ago when you suggested she made all this shit up.

I have not forgotten what whites have done ... And never suggested that whites have not attempted to influence the discussion.
It is obvious that whites have attempted to influence the discussion ... You quoted a white person in your OP ... Dumbass ... :thup:

We won't even talk about the fact that simply having a discussion ... Is the way you, me or that nit-wit Dr. Deangelo could possibly influence anything through a discussion.

IM2 is a fucking retard. "address things through the spectrum of white culture" -what the fuck does that even mean?

'When separate groups of people are using the same word with different implied meanings then problems will persist. When it comes to racism and increased segregation, both Wise and DiAngelo noted that there seems to be this rigid unwillingness to address any inequality, because it would upset the very people who are both benefiting from the injustice and refusing to acknowledge its existence. The fear is that if someone seeks to define and fix racism, many white people feel like they’re being directly attacked. So instead of waiting for the attack, white fragility promotes protection by putting punitive restrictions on “the others.”

If you are so comfortable with the discussion of race, why did you feel the need to tell me how I need to read Thomas Sowell?

'When separate groups of people are using the same word with different implied meanings then problems will persist. When it comes to racism and increased segregation, both Wise and DiAngelo noted that there seems to be this rigid unwillingness to address any inequality, because it would upset the very people who are both benefiting from the injustice and refusing to acknowledge its existence. The fear is that if someone seeks to define and fix racism, many white people feel like they’re being directly attacked. So instead of waiting for the attack, white fragility promotes protection by putting punitive restrictions on “the others.”

If you are so comfortable with the discussion of race, why did you feel the need to tell me how I need to read Thomas Sowell?

Stop addressing things through the prism of black mentality.

IM2 is a fucking retard. "address things through the spectrum of white culture" -what the fuck does that even mean?

You know what that means.

I didn't tell you needed to read Thomas Sowell ... I suggested you might want to.

It is obviously is that hard to find a different meaning in the same word ... When it isn't even the same word to start with.
You are free to do as Dr. Deangelo has demonstrated ... And just make-up shit to better suit your argument.

I am willing to predict you will until the day you die ... Look at the bright side, you won't have to worry about it then ... :dunno:

Forum List

Back