Another record! June was the hottest month ever recorded on Earth

I never suggested it was built for that.
You brought it up as an example of spending serious money on a telescope.
YOU implied it to create a reason to argue with me because I am right and you have no rebuttal.
Implied it? I told you that I wouldn't mind spending more on planetary defense but not the sort of money you'd just mentioned when you brought up that JWST had cost $10 billion. What I was rejecting from you was your apparent claim that we could not both fight global warming and conduct adequate planetary defense simultaneously
And yes impacts are cyclical because of the orbit of the belts that come in proximity of the earth.
Impacts are slightly periodic but not for that reason. Bodies from the Oort Cloud and the Asteroid Belt get dislodged from their stable orbits by the passage of massive objects. Neither belt come near the Earth and neither belt cyclically changes position. Near Earth asteroids are primarily bodies from the Asteroid Belt (between Mars and Jupiter) that are "moved into the Inner Solar System through resonances with Jupiter" Near-Earth object - Wikipedia

You brought it up as an example of spending serious money on a telescope.

Implied it? I told you that I wouldn't mind spending more on planetary defense but not the sort of money you'd just mentioned when you brought up that JWST had cost $10 billion. What I was rejecting from you was your apparent claim that we could not both fight global warming and conduct adequate planetary defense simultaneously

Impacts are slightly periodic but not for that reason. Bodies from the Oort Cloud and the Asteroid Belt get dislodged from their stable orbits by the passage of massive objects. Neither belt come near the Earth and neither belt cyclically changes position. Near Earth asteroids are primarily bodies from the Asteroid Belt (between Mars and Jupiter) that are "moved into the Inner Solar System through resonances with Jupiter" Near-Earth object - Wikipedia
Almost all comets come from the ort cloud

Of course they do. They only exist because of massive ongoing government subsidies.
exactly how much do european countries subsidize nuclear power? be specific. Next, how much does the USA subsidize nuclear power? again be specific. then while you are pulling that data, tell us how much the USA subsidizes electric cars and solar panels.

Imagine the forest fires back then as they had no way to combat the fires. Raging fires all over especially since fire was all they had back then.

There is evidence of fires so hot they melted stone.

Pollution is bad for sure now but it will dissipate as technology advances.

Our planetary concern should be focused on asteroids, comets and solar storms not my fucking choice of automobile or stove.
ask our AGW friends how human activity caused earth's warming and cooling before humans existed.

exactly how much do european countries subsidize nuclear power? be specific. N
The French government owns 85% of the French nuclear industry.

And outside of France, there is no signficant nuclear power industry in europe, not after Germany shut their reactors down. The former Soviet states have the old Soviet reactors, and the UK has a few.

China? Entirely state-owned.

Japan? Not doing so well.

ext, how much does the USA subsidize nuclear power? again be specific.
In the USA, it's subsidized by allowing power companies to have monopolies and set any rate they want.

then while you are pulling that data, tell us how much the USA subsidizes electric cars and solar panels.
Very small in comparison, and privately owned. A few tax breaks, but zip after that.

And outside of France, there is no signficant nuclear power industry in europe, not after Germany shut their reactors down. The former Soviet states have the old Soviet reactors, and the UK has a few.

In the USA, it's subsidized by allowing power companies to have monopolies and set any rate they want.

Very small in comparison, and privately owned. A few tax breaks, but zip after that.
talking points from the left, I asked for hard data and you post bullshit talking points, no surprise here

no TV or radio? then how do you know all the shit you post?
What made you think that Mamooth's post about nuclear power subsidies around the world was laughable? You don't seem to have responded to it in any way beside you cute little laughy face.

you said they subsidized it, owning is not subsidizing

the US government subsidizes every electric vehicle purchased, why? They also subsidize solar panels, even though solar panel manufacturers are failing before showing any profit.

What made you think that Mamooth's post about nuclear power subsidies around the world was laughable? You don't seem to have responded to it in any way beside you cute little laughy face.
because his/her/its post was a repeat of left wing propaganda with no cogent thought about what is really going on. if you buy it, fine. Thinking people do not.

Forum List

Back