Another record! June was the hottest month ever recorded on Earth

200 out of billions.

I'm certainly not the most intelligent person but I'm nowhere near as gullible as you dumbasses.
How long has homo sapiens been on the planet?

How long since the development of agriculture?

How long since the first town/village/city was built?

How long has homo sapiens been on the planet?

How long since the development of agriculture?

How long since the first town/village/city was built?
2 or 3 hundred thousand years is our best guess and it's only a guess. There has been carvings discovered that show humans riding dinosaurs but no other evidence to back it up other than fossilized footprints of humans next to dinosaur paw prints.

According to "historians" about 70k years but that is suspect

Same if you count cultural sites as towns

The Evidence Is Clear, Denying It Isn't Helping Anyone.

This is terrifying news. We need to take action now before it's too late.

Our planet is in trouble and we are all responsible for fixing it.
Governments aren't doing enough.

Individual actions matter too. We should reduce our carbon footprint by using public transportation or electric cars instead of gasoline ones, reducing energy consumption at home etc.

The transition to electric cars is threatened if Donald Trump becomes president because he lives in the 20th century. He advocates gasoline cars only.
He came out against electric cars last week.

If you believe humans have a significant impact in a global warming, Donald Trump is not your candidate.

Ever recorded...

We've had a long time to learn how to adapt.
Imagine the forest fires back then as they had no way to combat the fires. Raging fires all over especially since fire was all they had back then.

There is evidence of fires so hot they melted stone.

Pollution is bad for sure now but it will dissipate as technology advances.

Our planetary concern should be focused on asteroids, comets and solar storms not my fucking choice of automobile or stove.

Imagine the forest fires back then as they had no way to combat the fires. Raging fires all over especially since fire was all they had back then.

There is evidence of fires so hot they melted stone.

Pollution is bad for sure now but it will dissipate as technology advances.

Our planetary concern should be focused on asteroids, comets and solar storms not my fucking choice of automobile or stove.
What prevents us from focusing on all those things?

What prevents us from focusing on all those things?
Pick any spending program by congress then get back to me. We'll spend millions to study shrimp on treadmills and untold millions on other nonsensical shit. Now compare that to our money spent on earthly defense..... literally NOTHING

Pick any spending program by congress then get back to me. We'll spend millions to study shrimp on treadmills and untold millions on other nonsensical shit. Now compare that to our money spent on earthly defense..... literally NOTHING
It's not nothing.
Planetary Defense Whose budget this year is $138 million

200 out of billions.

I'm certainly not the most intelligent person but I'm nowhere near as gullible as you dumbasses.
200 years is a microscopic amount of time on a planet scientists claim is 4 to 5 billion years old. I've never seen so many people so full of shit as I have these days.

It's not nothing.
Planetary Defense Whose budget this year is $138 million
138 million doesn't even cover the cost of the last telescope we launched ya idiot. It's LITERALLY NOTHING

James Webb cost 10 billion and it is used for DEEP space not near solar

138 million doesn't even cover the cost of the last telescope we launched ya idiot. It's LITERALLY NOTHING

James Webb cost 10 billion and it is used for DEEP space not near solar
I wouldn't mind spending more but not that much more. The purpose of JWST was never planetary defense. There is no need for such an instrument in that role. And I still see no reason we cannot attack both issues simultaneously. One does not preclude the other. If you think planetary defense needs more priority, write your elected representatives and take care with your vote.

JWST was built from the very get go to look at things billions of light years away. Using such a device to search for threats millions of miles away... that would be lunacy.
We are already well past the usual massive solar storm and asteroid impact.
Hell not that long ago one came between the earth and the moon.
Well past? Do you believe the threat of a dangerous impact has increased recently?

JWST was built from the very get go to look at things billions of light years away. Using such a device to search for threats millions of miles away... that would be lunacy.

Well past? Do you believe the threat of a dangerous impact has increased recently?
I never suggested it was built for that. YOU implied it to create a reason to argue with me because I am right and you have no rebuttal.

And yes impacts are cyclical because of the orbit of the belts that come in proximity of the earth.

Forum List

Back