Anti-PC people making a mistake on the Duck Dynasty story

I like it, good stuff.

The best thing that can happen here is that the PC Police keep doing what they're doing and deny it all the way. That will make it easier for those of us who have had enough to turn this around. And it's already begun.

You picked a funny place to pick a fight over political correctness.

Well, this is just the latest and most well-known example of many.

There will be many more, no doubt.

Playing the political correctness card has become the Right's equivalent of playing the race card.

"And no one feels left out." The is the epitome of the PC mindset. Thank you for making my argument for me, Joe.

I work with a Jewish lady, a lady from Japan who is Bhuddist, about 40% of our employees are Hindus.

You really think "In your face, Jesus is so much better than Krishna or Bhudda" is really going to make them feel better?

Fact is, everyone gets off on Christmas, even those who don't celebrate it... Sticking it in their face is a bit much, don't you think?

Was he pushing Jesus on anyone? Was he flaunting his faith? Nope. Last time I checked, quoting the Bible does not constitute "forcing Jesus" on anyone or flaunting their faith. I have a right to believe that Jesus is superior to Krishna or Buddha simply because of the fact I believe in him as the son of God of this universe. Am I forcing that on anyone? No.
If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

Matthew 10:14

Are we to shut up about it? Once again, no.

"Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven."

Matthew 10:33-34

Simply put, Joe, you shouldn't ruin the fun for everyone elsesimply because you get offended by it. That's childish.

Well, I don't.

A bureaucrat a bunch of levels above me made that call, and it was probably the right one.

But you guys need to keep your backward ass superstitions to yourselves, really.

It not a freedom of speech issue. That is a political distnction. It is however something that illuminates the left and all of their double talking, double standards and hypocritical disposition. They will always believe they are the smartest ones in the room and anyone that is not in lock step agreement on every issue are demented, knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, right wing hey seed rubes.

And the rightwingers who are throwing a massive epileptic fit over the fact that some clown is getting criticized for saying something stupid...

...what about their standards?

Wrong, People are criticizing A&E and Glaad, etc

That's epileptic fit. 99% of conservatives would NEVER complain about a conservative group pressuring some network to dump a liberal.

Why do you people think you're fooling anyone?

You picked a funny place to pick a fight over political correctness.

Well, this is just the latest and most well-known example of many.

There will be many more, no doubt.

Playing the political correctness card has become the Right's equivalent of playing the race card.

Think of it as you will. But the bottom line is that the PC Police have jumped the shark, they've overplayed their hand, and the games are no longer working. Hopefully soon they'll realize that they have to honestly discuss issues instead of playing the PC game of putting people who dare to disagree with them on the defensive.

Then maybe we can starting healing wounds, finally.

Your opinions reflect who you are. Robertson openly reflecting his opinions revealed he was not the type of person A&E wants to be associated with

What a load of nonsense. He wasn't fired, rightwinger! There is no such thing as an "indefinite hiatus." He will be back filming his show in January, numbskull.

Then why is the right so Butthurt?

criticizing one of their idols?

Uhh, I'm not butthurt, I'm acknowledging reality. Unlike you.

Anti-PC people making a mistake on the Duck Dynasty story
Actually, the mistake ‘anti-PC’ people are making is believing in the myth of ‘political correctness,’ as there is no such thing.

I absolutely love this one.

While most on the Left are defending PC, a few hearty and intrepid souls are denying it even fucking EXISTS.

Great stuff. Bravo.

I work with a Jewish lady, a lady from Japan who is Bhuddist, about 40% of our employees are Hindus.

You really think "In your face, Jesus is so much better than Krishna or Bhudda" is really going to make them feel better?

Fact is, everyone gets off on Christmas, even those who don't celebrate it... Sticking it in their face is a bit much, don't you think?

Was he pushing Jesus on anyone? Was he flaunting his faith? Nope. Last time I checked, quoting the Bible does not constitute "forcing Jesus" on anyone or flaunting their faith. I have a right to believe that Jesus is superior to Krishna or Buddha simply because of the fact I believe in him as the son of God of this universe. Am I forcing that on anyone? No.

Are we to shut up about it? Once again, no.

"Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven."

Matthew 10:33-34

Simply put, Joe, you shouldn't ruin the fun for everyone elsesimply because you get offended by it. That's childish.

Well, I don't.

A bureaucrat a bunch of levels above me made that call, and it was probably the right one.

But you guys need to keep your backward ass superstitions to yourselves, really.

That's not for you personally to decide.

Why is it you get to call people bigots and racists but then turn around and judge people of faith with utter impunity at the same time?

It's not about people having sex, Joe. It's about people having an opinion. AN OPINION.

What part of that don't you understand? Save me the diatribe.

And the burning question everyone wants to know is:

How does Phil Robertson's opinion affect your life in any way shape or form? It doesn't. You really need to get over yourself.

Your opinions reflect who you are. Robertson openly reflecting his opinions revealed he was not the type of person A&E wants to be associated with

What a load of nonsense. He wasn't fired, rightwinger! There is no such thing as an "indefinite hiatus." He will be back filming his show in January, numbskull.

A few days ago you insisted that being put on indefinite hiatus meant that he was fired. Did you not?

[q

Think of it as you will. But the bottom line is that the PC Police have jumped the shark, they've overplayed their hand, and the games are no longer working. Hopefully soon they'll realize that they have to honestly discuss issues instead of playing the PC game of putting people who dare to disagree with them on the defensive.

Then maybe we can starting healing wounds, finally.

I'm not about healing wounds... I'd rather inflict them on the people who inflicted them on me. (Metaphorically, of course.)

The Plutocrats have used the homophobes and the bigots and the nativists for years to get dumbasses to vote against their own economic interests. Once we've established that most of us, the 99%, are kind of in the same boat, the sooner we fix the real problems caused by wealth inequality and wrong-headed economic priorities.

Those of us who have had enough BS from the PC Police are making it easy for them to wiggle out of this story on the hairy southern duck guy.

By bringing up -- or worse, letting them move the conversation to -- freedom of speech or religion or television contracts or the Constitution, you're giving them the opportunity to avoid the real issue (at least in my humble opinion): Their hypocritical, narcissistic intolerance.

Plus, this issue doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's just the latest in a long, long line of examples of their bigotry and intolerance. Holy crap, some of the things I've seen them say here about people who live in that area, wow.

The pushback is absolutely great and terribly overdue. They've jumped the shark with their race-baiting, language-manipulating, phony self esteem-building, forced inclusion silliness and it's clear that the pushback has begun. Yay!

This isn't (or shouldn't be) about the 1st Amendment or television contracts or religion. It should be about the hypocritical, paranoid, intolerant narcissism of the PC Police, and how they want to punish and intimidate people and businesses.

Exactly. Mr.Robertson's first amendment rights were not violated.

I've seen media personalities crash and burn my whole life for something they said or did

Most did not wrap themselves in the bible

But you've never seen them crash for this sort of thing.

What the left is doing is trying to redefine what is moral.

The left is incorporating parts of the Communist Manifesto of 1958 into their ideology:
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."

27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."

28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."

-45 Declared Goals of the Communist Party, 1963

I've seen media personalities crash and burn my whole life for something they said or did

He didn't wrap himself in the Bible. He was a biblical man before this even started.

You fail.

We redefine those things all the time.

Once slavery was considered "moral". Now it isn't.

Witch burning was considered moral. Now it isn't.

Torturing other Christians because they didn't interpret the bible the same way you did was considered "Moral". Now, no so much. You all get together at the inter-faith pancake breakfast and complain about the secularists not letting you push your nonsense on the rest of us.

The trick is... tell me why two adults of the same gender engaging in a sexual relationship is immoral without

1) Quoting a bible verse.

or

2) Telling my why you think it's icky.

Thanks.

Americans need to grow up, and stop buying into Media/Political hype. People say shit. Deal with it. The Freedom to say shit is exactly what our nation is about. It's what has always made us such a unique nation in the world. We don't do 'Hate Speech' Laws here. Those that do, are not truly free nations.

So, one guy over at NBC wants to shit in Sarah Palin's mouth, and this guy doesn't understand how a man can prefer another man's butthole over a woman's vagina. Oh well. People are gonna keep on saying shit. That's America. It is what it is.

But here's the point. The very same people who are now insisting that Phil should have his right to say what he wants were the ones insisting that Bashir get fired.

I'm not one of those people. I actually cracked up over Bashir's insanity. I don't watch NBC. I could care less whether or not he got fired. But like i said, one dude wants to poop in Sarah Palin's mouth and the other can't grasp why a man would prefer another man's butthole over a woman's vagina. Oh well, people say shit. Waddayagunnado?

A guy shot his mouth off and was held accountable

The end of freedom as we know it

I like it, good stuff.

The best thing that can happen here is that the PC Police keep doing what they're doing and deny it all the way. That will make it easier for those of us who have had enough to turn this around. And it's already begun.

The Duck Dynasty Flap, the George Zimmerman case, and Benghazi have really exposed the lefties as the ignorant, intolerant, hypocritical liars they are.

The left is incorporating parts of the Communist Manifesto of 1958 into their ideology:
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."

27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."

28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."

-45 Declared Goals of the Communist Party, 1963

:link:

Forum List

Back