🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Anybody catch the jobs number this morning?

What is the point of discussing all of this minutiae? The fact is, that the people of the United States have done a damn fine job of recovering from near economic collapse 8 years ago. We all (or at least most of us) worked together to make it happen, and this focus on the negative in order to make hardcore partisans somehow feel good (as screwed up as their thinking is) is corrosive to our nation. My God, we've created 14 million private sector jobs, when many people (again the hardcore partisans) fell all over themselves to predict (and many hoping) Obama would destroy the economy (like a President has that kind of power). You people are doing the equivalent of bashing a team that had one bad game after 7 years of wins "see, I told you they suck". It's just ridiculous.

this recovery is Oduma's bubble that will be hung around his neck, history will tell the tale. His addition of an average a trillion a year to the U.S. debt is the only thing creating this false sense of recovery. As Winston Churchhill once stated, spending your way out of a recession is like trying to bale out a sinking boat while standing in the bucket. the only numbers that truly matter is the less than 70% work force full time employment during his time as president.

His addition of an average a trillion a year to the U.S. debt is the only thing creating this false sense of recovery.

That would be a neat trick....

jpg

Care to show us what kind of math they taught you in the service, Gunny?

First off dumbass, it's Lieutenant Colonel, and secondly, you need English lessons. I said DEBT, not Federal outlays, there is a difference in case you were wondering.

View attachment 77207

and yes, it is a TRILLION a year average: 2010 = 13 Trillion......2016 = estimated to be at 20 Trillion.

Yeah....whatever...

The question requires you to show the math which demonstrates that the increase in the Debt is the consequence of Obama spending policies....

Have you thought to net out the effects of the fiscal Legacy of Supply Side Idiocy, Part Deux?

It's something people who have taken an intro level macro course refer to as a "structural deficit"[/QUOTE

WOW, now I know where the idiocy is coming from, you need to take more than your intro level macro course, I have my MBA, maybe you should get yours. Since you are a believer in structural deficit for the government, maybe now you need to study the economies of Greece and Ireland and maybe you will start to understand why their economies needed HUGE bailouts and severe cutbacks just to remain even remotely solvent. Structural deficit originated in the PUBLIC sector as a fiscal methodology, yet it is acknowledged that it must be counter balanced by cyclic revenue generation to remain solvent. Never was it intended to be a overriding principle in government spending and has proven to be unsustainable.

WOW, now I know where the idiocy is coming from, you need to take more than your intro level macro course, I have my MBA, maybe you should get yours. Since you are a believer in structural deficit for the government, maybe now you need to study the economies of Greece and Ireland and maybe you will start to understand why their economies needed HUGE bailouts and severe cutbacks just to remain even remotely solvent. Structural deficit originated in the PUBLIC sector as a fiscal methodology, yet it is acknowledged that it must be counter balanced by cyclic revenue generation to remain solvent. Never was it intended to be a overriding principle in government spending and has proven to be unsustainable.

The difference being that I paid attention during my MBA Econ classes....

Since you are a believer in structural deficit for the government, maybe now you need to study the economies of Greece and Ireland and maybe you will start to understand why their economies needed HUGE bailouts and severe cutbacks just to remain even remotely solvent. Structural deficit originated in the PUBLIC sector as a fiscal methodology, yet it is acknowledged that it must be counter balanced by cyclic revenue generation to remain solvent.

This incoherent blather notwithstanding, the structural deficit contributing to the growth of the Debt is a legacy of your ill-advised votes in 2000 and 2004...

Why would you kick LTCArmyRet when he is down?

No, better to kick you when you're down.

The labor participation rate hasn't been this low since 1979, yet we hear of all these wonderful things DumBama has done for the economy. Or is it this low because of the Verizon strike??? :banana::banana::banana::banana:

What does the graph indicate as the peak?

What has happened since that?

Do you think the people in the 70s were just a bunch of slackers?

Can you name the POTUS under whom we saw the highest avg monthly hob gains?

Yes, I can, but although public credit is usually given to this president, what is overlooked is that the policies enacted by the previous administration had already initiated an increased growth in the job market Clinton was was relegated to compromising on fiscal policies the Republican held congress passed for the remainder of his time in office as the Republicans held control of congress for the last 6 years of his presidency. The congress is responsible for our fiscal condition.

For the past 7 years our Senate has been the most inept and non-performing group ever elected to office by not passing one single budget. Everyone of them approved by the House died in the Senate. This has allowed this presidential administration to spend with NO controls on limiting or even dictating what the funds are spent on. Who has controlled the Senate for all but two years? the dumbocrats lead by Harry Reid himself.
This has allowed this presidential administration to spend with NO controls on limiting or even dictating what the funds are spent on.

You don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about...

If I want to know how to field dress an insurgent, I'll call you...

Is that the best you can come up with? REALLY? and you say I don't know what I'm talking about. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The failure of the Senate to pass the budget does NOT give POTUS "carte Blanche" to spend at will.....

As I've demonstrated, you have no idea what you are yammering about....

How is the lying left going to spin just 38k of new jobs? I guess the next president is going to have to clean up Obama's mess.
Like everyone else with a brain, probably an aberation. And await developments.

38k jobs is not an aberration, that number freaking sucks. Its May you can't blame bad weather or sun spots that might be an aberration. Pull your head out.

How is the lying left going to spin just 38k of new jobs? I guess the next president is going to have to clean up Obama's mess.
Like everyone else with a brain, probably an aberation. And await developments.

38k jobs is not an aberration, that number freaking sucks. Its May you can't blame bad weather or sun spots that might be an aberration. Pull your head out.
Do you have any idea what "abberation" means?

The labor participation rate hasn't been this low since 1979, yet we hear of all these wonderful things DumBama has done for the economy. Or is it this low because of the Verizon strike??? :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yes, I can, but although public credit is usually given to this president, what is overlooked is that the policies enacted by the previous administration had already initiated an increased growth in the job market Clinton was was relegated to compromising on fiscal policies the Republican held congress passed for the remainder of his time in office as the Republicans held control of congress for the last 6 years of his presidency. The congress is responsible for our fiscal condition.

For the past 7 years our Senate has been the most inept and non-performing group ever elected to office by not passing one single budget. Everyone of them approved by the House died in the Senate. This has allowed this presidential administration to spend with NO controls on limiting or even dictating what the funds are spent on. Who has controlled the Senate for all but two years? the dumbocrats lead by Harry Reid himself.
This has allowed this presidential administration to spend with NO controls on limiting or even dictating what the funds are spent on.

Is that the best you can come up with? REALLY? and you say I don't know what I'm talking about. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The failure of the Senate to pass the budget does NOT give POTUS "carte Blanche" to spend at will.....

the only thing you've demonstrated is stupidity

In what language is "a record setting stretch of growth in Private sector employment" a "mess"?

If you would pull you lips from Oduma's ass, maybe you could see far enough to realize what is ACTUALLY occurring.
What do you believe I'm missing?

So you admit your lips are on oduma's ass? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is often a cue for what is likely to follow...

That didn't take long....

So, which branch of the service are you embarrassing?

So please explain how we have been operating on continuing resolutions, that this POTUS has managed to implement programs that have resulted in approximately 700 billion dollars more a year than was authorized by the last approved budget?

your statement of I don't know what I'm talking about is just a veiled insult of calling me stupid, I just returned the favor, however, I prefer the more direct route of communication, whereas, pussies like you don't.

So please explain how we have been operating on continuing resolutions, that this POTUS has managed to implement programs that have resulted in approximately 700 billion dollars more a year than was authorized by the last approved budget?

Dude,

You're a brick....

I've shown you the graph for Federal outlays.....it wàs been essentially flat between fy2009 and fy 2016......spending will reach just under 4 trillion in fy2017....

Given that fy2009 spending totalled 3.55 trillion, where do you see 700 billion per year in excess of what is called for through the CR process...

your statement of I don't know what I'm talking about is just a veiled insult of calling me stupid, I just returned the favor, however, I prefer the more direct route of communication, whereas, pussies like you don't.
But you are DEMONSTRABLY an idiot....

I'm just the messenger.

Dude,

You're a brick....

I've shown you the graph for Federal outlays.....it wàs been essentially flat between fy2009 and fy 2016......spending will reach just under 4 trillion in fy2017....

Given that fy2009 spending totalled 3.55 trillion, where do you see 700 billion per year in excess of what is called for through the CR process...

It's called the national debt growing from 13 trillion to an est 20 trillion in 8 years dumbass, do the math

Dude,

You're a brick....

outlays all directed by this administration which have increased out national debt by 7 trillion, MORE than any other president by far.

Dude,

You're a brick....

It's called the national debt growing from 13 trillion to an est 20 trillion in 8 years dumbass, do the math

You know that there are two variables which determine the deficit, right?

And if this is all due to Obama's spending, can you figure out how the CBO was able to project 5 trillion in cumulative furure deficits in January, 2009, WEEKS before Obama's inauguration?

Dude,

You're a brick....

outlays all directed by this administration which have increased out national debt by 7 trillion, MORE than any other president by far.

You are establishing a pretty impressive streak of uninformed comments...

Have you ever come across the terms "mandatory" and "discretionary" as it applies to Federal spending?

Any idea what they mean?

Dude,

You're a brick....

You know that there are two variables which determine the deficit, right?

And if this is all due to Obama's spending, can you figure out how the CBO was able to project 5 trillion in cumulative furure deficits in January, 2009, WEEKS before Obama's inauguration?

Wow, are we back to bashing Bush? Really? Are you really that dumb? Yes they projected that based on the housing bubble and lost revenues (dividends paid out ) and lower tax revenues. I was a fan of neither Bush's bail out nor Obama's, but they happened and Oduma has continued to spend like a madman. So Bush started the mad spending with the 700 billion bail out of F&F, Oduma had to join in and bail out the auto industry with their own 700 Billion of additional spending, and he hasn't slowed down.

Yes, I am aware of the two variables dickhead. Spending is out of control, and must stop. Another indicator of Odumas failed policies, first time EVER the lowering of U.S. Treasury bonds from a AAA rating to AA.

Dude,

You're a brick....

Have you ever come across the terms "mandatory" and "discretionary" as it applies to Federal spending?

Any idea what they mean?

Let me guess, you don't get the analogy of if a household brings in 75,000 a year and spends 100,000 a year, only paying the minimum amount, it won't be long before their credit will get cut off. That is the situation the U.S. is in right now.

By the way, you're probably one of those that touts that Oduma has reduced the deficit as a success, aren't you?

Dude,

You're a brick....

Any idea what they mean?

You are a fucking stump, aren't you? Do you think a person that has spent 22 years in Federal service hasn't LIVED Mandatory and discretionary spending? REALLY?

Forum List

Back