Are American Hispanics Stupid ? They Have No Reason to Hate Trump

It’s because Hispanic Americans aren’t stupid that they won’t be voting for Trump.

Hispanic Americans know exactly what rightwing bigotry is about concerning undocumented immigrants, having little to do with ‘breaking the law’; it’s about the unwarranted fear and contempt most on the right have for ‘brown people’ who ‘speak Spanish’ and are ‘taking over’ America.

Indeed, the right’s animus toward Hispanics is what’s meant when conservatives refer to ‘taking America back’ – which is to ‘take America back’ from the ‘brown people,’ ‘Spanish speakers,’ and ‘foreigners.’
1. First of all, the correct term for the INVADERS is ILLEGAL ALIENS. To call an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant", is about the equivalent of calling a bank robber an informal withdrawl agent.

2. Your whole (predictable) race card presentation is racist. You turn what is not racist into a race issue. There are a ton of things involved in Mexican imperialism, remittances$$, birthright citizenship myth, sanctuary city criminality, and all the HARMS of immigration, all having nothing to do with race. Your boy who cried wolf approach doesn't cut it, and it died out long ago. You're a relic.

3. Conservatives are just as opposed to illegal immigration (and excessive legal immigration) from white Europeans as from the brown people you yammer about. A series of legislative, social, and political actions in the United States and Ireland unfolding since the 1960s, collided in the mid-1980s, to create a situation where the Irish leaving home for America entered the country as tourists, overstayed their visas and worked and lived as illegal aliens in established Irish-American neighborhoods. The activists reached out to the established ethnic leadership in the city for help and dissatisfied with the response formed the Irish Immigrant Reform Movement.
US conservatives are just as opposed to these Irish invaders, as they are to any others. And notably, Hillary Clinton is just as suck-up to the Irish illegal aliens (for their illegal VOTES) as she is to Mexicans or anyone of any ethnicity. I wonder if she used one of her phony accents (in this case, Irish), when talking to this group.
geez.gif

Legalize the Irish: the Legacy of the IIRM | Glucksman Ireland House | New York University

071211_clinton_immigration_SWIFF.jpg
upload_2016-5-11_3-29-47.jpeg

Okay, he didn't say all Mexicans are rapists. He said all those coming from Mexico to the US are rapists. Again, any person whose family has come over fro
You suffer from confirmation bias. He never said all Mexicans coming here are rapists. You said it.

Actually, what he said was:

"“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”"

"They're rapists". Not "some of them are rapists" but "they're rapists"

Biased? He said it.

So, knowing something is going to happen, and then trying to protect people who might decided to do it, seems to be sensible.
I don't know what you're talking about.

Have you ever wondered how ethnic strife happens in countries like Rwanda, former Yugoslavia and places like this? People can be neighbors for decades without any trouble, then all of a sudden something happens that causes strife?

In most places this happens because of politicians using racial differences, religious differences, whatever difference, and telling people that it matters, that it's important, that they need to fear this group. They'll lie, use what ever means possible to get people to think in a manner, and then once they're thinking like that, then the politician become important, they have more support.

It's happened in the US since 9/11 with Muslims. Now when a politician like Trump says "Muslims should be banned from the US" people stand up and agree with him.

It could happen to the Hispanics too. If people allow politicians to go around making such claims, if they gain a foothold in society, this sort of thing could end up as a Rwanda, a former Yugoslavia.

You suffer from confirmation bias. He never said all Mexicans coming here are rapists. You said it.
This is what they (liberals) have been doing all along. They take harmless words (and very patriotic ones) and slap the race card on them, and then demonize. Pure liberal methodology. Nothing new. Ho hum.

"Harmless words" can often not be harmless. It depends. You think they're harmless, someone else might think they're harmful.

Maybe it's the left see what the right say, and they see the problems, whereas the right will deny they're doing anything wrong.

I'm sorry. Where did I say anything bad about Christians? Please, provide me the quotes of what I said.

What Trump believes, and what Trump says, are two different things. Trump SAID what he said, regardless of what he believes.

He could say that all Jews deserve to have died in the gas chambers and it would still be a bad and evil thing to say, even if he didn't mean it, or believe it.

Maybe he should be more careful with his mouth. Then again he was given the chance to reverse what he said, and he didn't do it. So.......
What would he need to reverse ? For what ?

He doesn't need to. Maybe he wants to hate Mexicans in the USA.

Are you a rapist? I don't know if you have any Mexican blood in you, but if you are, were those Mexicans who crossed the borders rapists?

Look what happened with Islam, the more and more the "War on Terror" lasted, the more people associate Muslims with terrorists. Even when it's just not true.

Would you like to be see for being a rapist, simply because you're Hispanic? If it gets said enough, then it could happen, it could get out of control. You want that?
. ^^^ The more we disagree with these social justice warriors, the more they confirm in their own mind they are absolutely right and you're totally wrong by simply having a different opinion It's called confirmation bias.You can't have a rational discussion with them because you are only confirming their bias. Best to not debate with them. Try to find a rational liberal who will honestly discuss the issues with you.

There's no point in debating with people who you're just going to agree with.

Maybe they will take things in a manner which isn't right. However that's their choice. There are people who are sensible, who will debate properly, and there are some I'm debating with now who I have respect for because, while we disagree, we can debate. Others are less so, but I don't necessarily debate simply to "be right", I debate to use my brain, and if there are objections, sometimes these objections might be right, and I might be wrong, or they're just differences in view point. You can't hide from this.

I hide from insulters and people playing games.

I'm sorry. Where did I say anything bad about Christians? Please, provide me the quotes of what I said.

What Trump believes, and what Trump says, are two different things. Trump SAID what he said, regardless of what he believes.

He could say that all Jews deserve to have died in the gas chambers and it would still be a bad and evil thing to say, even if he didn't mean it, or believe it.

Maybe he should be more careful with his mouth. Then again he was given the chance to reverse what he said, and he didn't do it. So.......
What would he need to reverse ? For what ?

He doesn't need to. Maybe he wants to hate Mexicans in the USA.

Are you a rapist? I don't know if you have any Mexican blood in you, but if you are, were those Mexicans who crossed the borders rapists?

Look what happened with Islam, the more and more the "War on Terror" lasted, the more people associate Muslims with terrorists. Even when it's just not true.

Would you like to be see for being a rapist, simply because you're Hispanic? If it gets said enough, then it could happen, it could get out of control. You want that?

Why do you continue defending mass immigration from the third world? I'm part of the Hispanic community, having been married to a Latina. I've owned businesses in Latino areas and get along just fine. But, just like survivors on a lifeboat who, at some point have to reject more survivors climbing aboard, we have to start rejecting Mexico's, and other countries' poor and needy. I've seen entire blocks of homes eminent domained so as to build schools for latino children, many of whom, quite frankly, don't even belong in our country. It turns out that cheap labor isn't so cheap after all.

You don't know my views on mass immigration from the third world. So why you're telling me that I "continue" (did I do it before???) "defending mass immigration from the third world" I have no idea.

What I'm attacking is a man who will use incendiary words which may harm people.

Again, like I've pointed out in other posts, people in Yugoslavia lives alongside each other from 1945 to 1991 in peace. Then it all changed because a man like Milosevic used incendiary words.

Milosevic's Propaganda War

""Without the media, and especially without television, war in the former Yugoslavia is inconceivable," according to Nenad Pejic, former Sarajevo TV programme controller in a report presented at the Milosevic trial last week."

"one of Milosevic's alleged contributions to a joint criminal enterprise to ethnically cleanse large areas of Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina was his use of the Serbian state media to create an atmosphere of fear and hatred among Serbs by spreading "exaggerated and false messages of ethnically based attacks by Bosnian Muslims and Croats against Serb people.""

"The report says Milosevic's propaganda campaign was based on the same techniques as used by Adolf Hitler, with the added power of television."

"The fundamental principles of propaganda, highlighted by de la Brosse, are: keep it simple; project one's own faults onto the enemy; use the news to one's own advantage through exaggeration, distortion and omission; repeat the message endlessly; rely on myths and history; and create a national consensus."

"Serbian television and radio's repetitive use of pejorative descriptions, such as "Ustashe hordes", "Vatican fascists", "Mujahedin fighters", "fundamentalist warriors of Jihad", and "Albanian terrorists", quickly became part of common usage."

Now, we've seen this take hold with Muslims. Many Americans are now convinced that ALL MUSLIMS are bad and evil. They have words for those who oppose saying Muslims are bad and evil, they have the propaganda on TV, it's been happening gently over a 15 year period.

The same could easily happen with the Hispanics, if left to happen. Trump's remarks are dangerous, and if this leads to more politicians taking on the Hispanics like this, it could cause more tension in the US than there is already.

According to polls, American Hispanics are in opposition to Donald Trump in big numbers. Even among Republican Hispanics this is the case. But why ? I'm a Hispanic American. I don't see a damn thing wrong with anything Trump has said, or proposes to do. So what if he talked about Mexicans coming here illegally being criminals ? They ARE. They are committing a crime as soon as they cross the border. Of course, they're criminals. And some commit more crimes than that.

And rapists ? Sure, some of them are. Trump didn't say all of them are. In fact, he said some of them were good people. I think that was too generous. Good people don't break our laws by crossing the border illegally & criminally and disrespecting our laws, and therefore us too.

And yes, some of them ARE bringing drugs. Just watch the TV show "Border Wars" and watch the border patrol catching tons of the stuff coming in.

And mass deportation ? Of course. Do these people not know that we are losing $123 Billion/year from our economy due to the remittances that these raiders pillage out of our economy + Billions more lost in welfare via the anchor baby racket ? Do they not know that millions of jobs are being lost to illegal aliens ?

What the hell is wrong with American Hispanics ? I see no reason why they should have this anti-Trump attitude. It is purely stupid. These fools need to stop being so ethno-centrist and see this election objectively.

Trump faces stiff opposition from Hispanic Republicans | Washington Examiner

:lol:

No, I can't possibly understand why Hispanics oppose Trump!

Trump Hispanics.png

It could happen to the Hispanics too. If people allow politicians to go around making such claims, if they gain a foothold in society, this sort of thing could end up as a Rwanda, a former Yugoslavia.

Yup.

That's why the demagogue Trump is going to get a record-low share of the minority vote for a Republican in this election, amongst not just Hispanics, but blacks and Asians also.

Trump's incendiary remarks towards Hispanics is heard by other minorities. They think "If he can disparage Hispanics, he can say that about me, too."

Hispanics are going to come out in record numbers, and blacks will come out for Hillary almost as hard as they did for Obama.

According to polls, American Hispanics are in opposition to Donald Trump in big numbers. Even among Republican Hispanics this is the case. But why ? I'm a Hispanic American. I don't see a damn thing wrong with anything Trump has said, or proposes to do. So what if he talked about Mexicans coming here illegally being criminals ? They ARE. They are committing a crime as soon as they cross the border. Of course, they're criminals. And some commit more crimes than that.

And rapists ? Sure, some of them are. Trump didn't say all of them are. In fact, he said some of them were good people. I think that was too generous. Good people don't break our laws by crossing the border illegally & criminally and disrespecting our laws, and therefore us too.

And yes, some of them ARE bringing drugs. Just watch the TV show "Border Wars" and watch the border patrol catching tons of the stuff coming in.

And mass deportation ? Of course. Do these people not know that we are losing $123 Billion/year from our economy due to the remittances that these raiders pillage out of our economy + Billions more lost in welfare via the anchor baby racket ? Do they not know that millions of jobs are being lost to illegal aliens ?

What the hell is wrong with American Hispanics ? I see no reason why they should have this anti-Trump attitude. It is purely stupid. These fools need to stop being so ethno-centrist and see this election objectively.

It’s because Hispanic Americans aren’t stupid that they won’t be voting for Trump.

Hispanic Americans know exactly what rightwing bigotry is about concerning undocumented immigrants, having little to do with ‘breaking the law’; it’s about the unwarranted fear and contempt most on the right have for ‘brown people’ who ‘speak Spanish’ and are ‘taking over’ America.

Indeed, the right’s animus toward Hispanics is what’s meant when conservatives refer to ‘taking America back’ – which is to ‘take America back’ from the ‘brown people,’ ‘Spanish speakers,’ and ‘foreigners.’
You're an idiot. Expecting borders to be secured just like Mexico and every other country is not bigotry. It's national suicide to continue allowing Mexico's peasants to move here and swamp our social services.

Okay, he didn't say all Mexicans are rapists. He said all those coming from Mexico to the US are rapists. Again, any person whose family has come over fro

"“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”"

Biased? He said it.
^^^. See how the social justice warrior's mind works? Trump is absolutely correct in his assessment of the quality of immigrant Mexico is sending here. Showing them proof and reminding them these people are entering here illegally only confirms in their deluded mind we are wrong and they are right. This is just more Confirmation Bias on display for all to see. There is an area of their brain that is stimulated in these disagreements and it is the same area that is affected by heroin. We will never move these people an inch toward rational discussion. They need their "fix".

Biased? He said it.
^^^. See how the social justice warrior's mind works? Trump is absolutely correct in his assessment of the quality of immigrant Mexico is sending here. Showing them proof and reminding them these people are entering here illegally only confirms in their deluded mind we are wrong and they are right. This is just more Confirmation Bias on display for all to see. There is an area of their brain that is stimulated in these disagreements and it is the same area that is affected by heroin. We will never move these people an inch toward rational discussion. They need their "fix".

I'm not saying that Trump is wrong about the kind of person crossing the border illegally, some of them will be like this. Others won't be like, and there he is wrong.

He's wrong by using the type of language he used.

The language he could have used would have been something like "people need to come to the US legally, the US/Mexican border is porous, some of the people coming over the border are the sort of people the US doesn't want to attract to the country, and as such stronger measures, such as building a wall, would help the country."

However he didn't say that. He wouldn't have attracted the swaths of supporters who can't hold down more than a 10 word sentence at a time, or people looking for entertainment.

He's jumped to the sound of people who want to be entertained, and he's doing it dangerously, and because he's found it works, he's become immoral in his conduct and choice of words.

You want rational discussion? Well Trump isn't it. I'm not saying others are, but Trump is worse than most.

Senor dumb shit...uh, I agree with all you said....but here's the deal...you idiot...Trump will do nothing to stop illegal immigration...too many big shots in this country depend on thier cheap labor and that wall.....really? Stop drinking the bullshit kool aid and have a margarita instead...bean dip shit.

My opinion : the majority of Hispanics who came to this country and LEGALLY became a citizen feels Trump is right on along with millions of other American citizen citizens.. Illegal immigrants are hurting our country and YOU the American citizen.

But you won't get that from these left leaning Lamestream medias who are in the back pockets of the DNC. these polls have everyone in the whole world hating Trump. but remember with Obama, these same left leaning medias had the whole world loving that thug/tyrant Obama. MAKE up your own mind and take a lot of these stories and polls with a grain of salt

And If the polls favor of Trump you love it.
Just like Vor has just mentioned. After 70,000 it's pure stupidity. Probably if you remove your racist and hatred attitude maybe you will come to your senses that you are human after all.
Normally the polls are all downhill for Republicans by now if they are going to lose the election.

Trump's constantly changing poll numbers should scare you.

No it doesn't scare me bc AdolfTrump will not win the general election.

They will come around as the election approaches. Plenty of time bro, plenty of time.

Just like Vor has just mentioned. After 70,000 it's pure stupidity. Probably if you remove your racist and hatred attitude maybe you will come to your senses that you are human after all.
WHAT racist and hatred attitude ? Got a BASIS to back up your charge ?

Maybe you just woke up. Steptrococus is the most stupid racist asshole in this board.

I am Hispanic with a Doctorate, a business where I was able to retire when I was in my late 30's, worked on several presidential campaigns, served my country with distinction(singlehandedly rescued a couple of children as well as over 100 others from burning to death in a high rise while the "white guys" were too afraid to go into the building and stood outside), set up ongoing charities, written scores of songs and multiple musical instruments, am a member of the Ethics Committee in my field for years and have coauthored several revisions to the Untied States Tax Code.

Yet your OP suggests that I am stupid.

I like Trump, I hope you are not representative of the average trump supporter; you are nothing but a turnoff and a fool

Protectionist was speaking in general. That leaves implied exceptions for individual cases. Even the black community gives the GOP about 3% of its vote in Presidential elections, but both, Hispanics and blacks are going to give Trump a much bigger share this time around because ALL AMERICANS white, black, Hispanic, Moonbeam Hippies all need JOBS.

And, btw, you are white; why do you consider yourself to not be white simply because you speak Spanish? I have never understood this thing.

My opinion : the majority of Hispanics who came to this country and LEGALLY became a citizen feels Trump is right on along with millions of other American citizen citizens.. Illegal immigrants are hurting our country and YOU the American citizen.

But you won't get that from these left leaning Lamestream medias who are in the back pockets of the DNC. these polls have everyone in the whole world hating Trump. but remember with Obama, these same left leaning medias had the whole world loving that thug/tyrant Obama. MAKE up your own mind and take a lot of these stories and polls with a grain of salt

Normally the polls are all downhill for Republicans by now if they are going to lose the election.

Trump's constantly changing poll numbers should scare you.

No it doesn't scare me bc AdolfTrump will not win the general election.
LOL

Keep believing that.

I have written him off 3 times already in the primary alone, and I am a Trump supporter.

Forum List

Back