Are any here against contraception? If so, why?

No one says abstinence fails. They abstinence only sex ed fails.

No, I don't believe it is 100% effective. A woman's body is not a clock. The days she is ovulating will vary slightly, just like her period.
Since you never used it, you don't know. Since I used it for years, I do know.

Giving young teens condoms is beyond outrageous. It's a tacit blessing for illicit sex. Highly damaging. Condoms in themselves are immoral. Even for married people, much less unmarried young teens.

No, there was no blessing or permission for sex. My kids knew that. In fact, we have talked about it fairly recently, and they said they knew I did not give them permission.

And no, it was not damaging. It was telling them what was right. And it was insuring minimal issues if they did wrong.

And no, I do not believe condoms are immoral.

Thank you for admitting the Bible doesn't support the Catholics absurd opposition to birth controls which means they have no credible argument to make against it.

:abgg2q.jpg:
"Go forth and populate the Earth". Catholics and several other denominations and religions take that line seriously.

There are also some lines prohibiting masturbation and the wasting of semen to avoid impregnation that are taken quite literally by many.

"Go forth and populate the Earth". Catholics and several other denominations and religions take that line seriously.

There are also some lines prohibiting masturbation and the wasting of semen to avoid impregnation that are taken quite literally by many.

The prohibition against masturbation has to be one of the most ridiculous rules.

And easily the most broken of rules.

I support ALL forms of Contraceptives for use in preventing pregnancy

I support Full abortion up to 13 weeks which is the end of the first trimester the CDC stats shows that about 93% of abortions are in the first 13 weeks.

No abortions for 2 and 3 trimesters except for Rape Incest and Health of mother.

Partial Birth is Murder in first degree.

I support Full abortion up to 13 weeks which is the end of the first trimester the CDC stats shows that about 93% of abortions are in the first 13 weeks.
Good then we should easily be able to reduce abortions by 90% or more by outlawing abortion on demand and limiting it to emergent threats to the mother's life, rape and incest.

Good then we should easily be able to reduce abortions by 90% or more by outlawing abortion on demand and limiting it to emergent threats to the mother's life, rape and incest.

No, you can't completely stop abortions as many don't want the pregnancy to continue and this biblical statement is now hurting the planet as it is overpopulated.

You write,

That was early in the Old Testament not meant to overpopulate the planet in today's world.

No, there was no blessing or permission for sex. My kids knew that. In fact, we have talked about it fairly recently, and they said they knew I did not give them permission.

And no, it was not damaging. It was telling them what was right. And it was insuring minimal issues if they did wrong.

And no, I do not believe condoms are immoral.
There was implied permission. Condoms shouldn't have ever entered the picture.

The prohibition against masturbation has to be one of the most ridiculous rules.

And easily the most broken of rules.
Like all Catholic teaching, the rule against masturbation makes perfect sense, but it is subtler than most. The damage from violating it is subtle, but sure. It turns one inward, makes one lazy and selfish, takes away one's drive to please a woman, damaging a relationship if there is one, or preventing one if there isn't.

Forum List

Back