Are Biden-supporters not aware that they're paying more for everything?

Figures lie and liars figure.

The inflation rate is a year over year change in prices. This year we are comparing todays' prices to the prices that had dropped because of the Pandemic.
In 2020 inflation was at 1.25%, so there was inflation. Not as high as 2019 where it was 1.81% but there was inflation. Where are you drawing numbers from?

You you're trying to say that the inflation rate isn't currently 5.3%?

Right. :cuckoo:

I meant exactly what I said. Figures lie and liars figure. For example, while the price of gas rose a little over a dollar in between May 2020 and May 2021, between May 2019 and May 2020 the price dropped by about a dollar....

The prices dropped during trump final year in office due to the economy being shut down.

Blaming Biden for the increase is the knee jerk reaction the Neo-GOP is banking on, again.

Please feel free to explain how President Trump shut down the economy, as opposed to those Democrat mayors and governors. Then if you'd like, explain how Trump caused the inflation rate to jump from 1.36% at the end of his term, to the 5.4% under Joe Fucking Biden.

Dis gonna be good.

Historical Inflation Rate by Year

inflation.jpg

They weren't this high before covid.

As far back as I can remember the prices for goods in the USA, at least here in the South, have always increased. Is it unusual for prices to increase over time where you're from?

Making hay out of the year over year % increase in consumer goods when last year we were in a self imposed economic slow down is disingenuous.

Please feel free to explain how President Trump shut down the economy, as opposed to those Democrat mayors and governors.
So, you want to credit Democrat mayors and governors for the 1.3% inflation rate of 2020?

As far back as I can remember the prices for goods in the USA, at least here in the South, have always increased. Is it unusual for prices to increase over time where you're from?

Making hay out of the year over year % increase in consumer goods when last year we were in a self imposed economic slow down is disingenuous.
Not about 15% in 9 months.

So, you want to credit Democrat mayors and governors for the 1.3% inflation rate of 2020?
if you can show economic policies they implemented to cause it, sure.

I can certainly show economic policies they implemented to cause it to rise.

Or are they just not being honest? It's no secret that the cost of living has risen dramatically under the Biden administration. This is not only effecting those who opposed him, but those who voted for him, and the entire country is paying dearly for the Democrat's political irresponsibility. According an Oct. 5 article by RCP, President Trump passed on to the Democrats a stable inflation rate of only 1.4%. After 263 days in office which is today, the inflation rate has risen to a whopping 5.3% and rising, which is the highest rate since the Bush recession.

Biden's Inflationary Policies Will Be Keenly Felt at Christmas | RealClearPolitics

Now when confronted by this fact, most Democrats will say "Ohh...it's COVID that's causing that." That is not true. If you look at a list of the current inflation rates by country, you will see for instance, that China's inflation rate is sitting at 0.80%, Japan's at -0.40%, the UK at 3.2%, and Italy at 2.6%, all of whom were hit hard by the COVID pandemic.

So why are the costs of goods and services not rising as much for those living in China, Japan, the UK, Italy, and other countries, as they are here in the US?

Two words: Biden voters. If you don't like the fact that you're paying so much more for your food, rent, gasoline, and Christmas presents this year, you know who to buy that big black lump of coal for.

If you can afford it by then.
But it's only temporary.

Here is the source for gas prices. The -33% drop in gas price in the middle of the year helped drop the years inflation rate.

The inflation rate should level out in time for the next election season.
But the inflation rate as a whole was still 1.25% for 2020 with the gas drop. and with the 33% drop in gas it only took inflation down just over a .50% from the previous year.

I think the numbers are correct at over 5% this year, food prices are up over 3% over last year. USDA ERS - Summary Findings Housing is up a record 13.2%. The typical home price is up a record 13.2% compared to last year, according to Zillow. Hotels are up in 2021 over 2019 at over 5%.
Gas prices are up in 2021 over Aug 2019. Gasoline Prices Remain High And Could Go Higher, But There’s A Catch

Prices are rising, is it long term or short term, we don't know but I don't blame Biden for the inflation, just as I don't blame Trump for the shutdowns of 2020, they happened all over the world because of Covid-19.

Thanks for admitting you don’t do the shopping.

So you're saying the prices decreased?

You're comments are getting sillier by the minute. You're paranoid about defending everything about trumps stupidity at the expense of making yourself look equally as stupid.

Don't be ridiculous and you have nothing to support that other than ignorant hate.
at one time under Trump I paid 1.07 for a gallon. If that happens under Biden I will give you 100.00. Mark it the fuck down. Right now, SAVE THIS POST.........you got a free 100.00 if gas goes that low under Biden.

Don't worry, it won't.

So you're saying the prices decreased?

You're comments are getting sillier by the minute. You're paranoid about defending everything about trumps stupidity at the expense of making yourself look equally as stupid.
Prices have increased under Biden, liar.

at one time under Trump I paid 1.07 for a gallon. If that happens under Biden I will give you 100.00. Mark it the fuck down. Right now, SAVE THIS POST.........you got a free 100.00 if gas goes that low under Biden.

Don't worry, it won't.

You are assuming the pro if gas is his fault when you know it's supply and demand. You're desperate to blame him you ignorant dickhead.

Read this fool.

Forum List

Back