Are "Hate Crime" Laws Constitutional?

Holy fuck.
It's the act that defines homicide, negligence or defense. No wonder you support hate crimes, you feel things instead of thinking through them.

It is not the act .

You can shoot someone dead . That's the act .

But what if

1) you shot the guy cause you walked in on him banging your wife.

2) you shot the guy while cleaning your gun

3) you shot the guy cause he was an intruder in your house.

According to you all 3 are the same . What you were thinking doesn't make a difference .
1) That's called murder
2) Negligent discharge. Not murder but Involuntary manslaughter or some such charge.
3) Self defense. Cops chuckle and roll to the next call.

Bingo ! But the difference is what the guy is thinking. Motive .

So enough of this "what people are thinking doesn't matter " nonsense .

Apples and oranges.

What you're trying to do is make a comparison between different types of killings and killing based on category of people. If I kill an intruder it doesn't matter what race, sex or religion that person is. The same if I accidentally shoot somebody or catch them sleeping with my wife.

However Hate Crimes are special protections for potential Democrat voters like gays and minorities. How would you like if Republicans got leadership and made it an automatic death penalty for killing cops, CEO's or religious leaders?

No special group of people should have more advanced protection than all the other groups of people. It's a violation of Equal Protection. Furthermore is the hypocrisy from the left that have always protested capital punishment which is part of a Hate Crimes sentencing.

It is equal protection .

You realize white people can be victims of hate crimes right ? There's this misconception that hate crimes don't cover everyone .

It is not equal protection. Harsher sentences are designed to give more of a deterrent to those who wish to commit crime against X people. How is that equal protection? X people were selected to have more protection than everybody else. That's not equal protection, that's unequal protection.

Holy fuck.
It's the act that defines homicide, negligence or defense. No wonder you support hate crimes, you feel things instead of thinking through them.

It is not the act .

But what if

According to you all 3 are the same . What you were thinking doesn't make a difference .
1) That's called murder
2) Negligent discharge. Not murder but Involuntary manslaughter or some such charge.

Huh? All three were acts, not thoughts. Are you on LSD?

No . It's the same act . You shot the person .
Right, acts. Acts to kill, acts of negligence and acts of self defense are not the same. Nor are they treated as such by law.

Hate crime legislation is an attempt to punish thoughts. It is unconstitutional and very dangerous to a free society.

If someone kills you because of your race or kills you to steal your money, the crime is murder, it doesn't matter what the criminal was thinking when he committed the crime.
I tend to want to agree but I like stiffer penalties for people who kill cops or target seniors

Hate crime legislation is an attempt to punish thoughts. It is unconstitutional and very dangerous to a free society.

If someone kills you because of your race or kills you to steal your money, the crime is murder, it doesn't matter what the criminal was thinking when he committed the crime.
I tend to want to agree but I like stiffer penalties for people who kill cops or target seniors

I can agree with that, but we have a Constitution to abide by, and we are all supposed to be treated equally under the law regardless of race, gender or religion. If anything, let's up the prison time for everybody, and then let the judges make the decision on who gets the max. At least it's fair that way.

I can agree with that, but we have a Constitution to abide by, and we are all supposed to be treated equally under the law regardless of race, gender or religion. If anything, let's up the prison time for everybody, and then let the judges make the decision on who gets the max. At least it's fair that way.
Fair? Like the rich kid who killed 4 and got probation for affluenza? Then violated probation and went to Mexico and still won't do serious time

just the opposite. a crime is a crime no matter what the criminal was thinking at the time.
Umm no . The exact opposite . It's all about what people are thinking . That's what makes crime .
That's why we don't charge animals with crimes .
Holy fuck.
A dead body doesn't mean murder one death penalty .

It is not the act .

But what if

1) That's called murder

totally wrong, but to take your idiotic reasoning to its logical conclusion, we will be punishing people for their thoughts before any act is committed.

Orwell had it right, big brother is watching you------------------and monitoring your thoughts.

Holy fuck.

It is not the act .

But what if

1) That's called murder

Apples and oranges.

What you're trying to do is make a comparison between different types of killings and killing based on category of people. If I kill an intruder it doesn't matter what race, sex or religion that person is. The same if I accidentally shoot somebody or catch them sleeping with my wife.

However Hate Crimes are special protections for potential Democrat voters like gays and minorities. How would you like if Republicans got leadership and made it an automatic death penalty for killing cops, CEO's or religious leaders?

No special group of people should have more advanced protection than all the other groups of people. It's a violation of Equal Protection. Furthermore is the hypocrisy from the left that have always protested capital punishment which is part of a Hate Crimes sentencing.

It is equal protection .

You realize white people can be victims of hate crimes right ? There's this misconception that hate crimes don't cover everyone .

We cannot punish the hate, we can only punish the crime. Hating is NOT a crime.

Fair? Like the rich kid who killed 4 and got probation for affluenza? Then violated probation and went to Mexico and still won't do serious time

Or Hillary Clinton violating federal classified data protection laws and getting away with it. No one should be above the law-----------------including your beloved Clintons.

It is not the act .

But what if

1) That's called murder

Apples and oranges.

It is equal protection .

It is the crime that is punished, stop lying. The "hate" simply brings additional penalties for the crime like when you kill a cop or a child.

Umm no . The exact opposite . It's all about what people are thinking . That's what makes crime .
That's why we don't charge animals with crimes .
Holy fuck.
A dead body doesn't mean murder one death penalty .

It is not the act .

But what if

1) That's called murder

totally wrong, but to take your idiotic reasoning to its logical conclusion, we will be punishing people for their thoughts before any act is committed.

Orwell had it right, big brother is watching you------------------and monitoring your thoughts.

Actually, no. As the reasoning you're criticizing requires a criminal act to trigger it. Not merely a thought about a criminal act.

Holy fuck.

It is not the act .

But what if

1) That's called murder

Apples and oranges.

It is equal protection .

OK, the black thugs that are doing the knockout attacks. Should they get a stiffer sentence if the victim is white than if the victim is black?

It is not the act .

But what if

1) That's called murder

Apples and oranges.

It is equal protection .

We can punish hate. The question is, should we? I find the entire idea....problematic.

Or Hillary Clinton violating federal classified data protection laws and getting away with it. No one should be above the law-----------------including your beloved Clintons.

So you have proof that Hillary knowingly sent a classified document? Have you told the FBI?

Ovey!

Regurgitating bull crud again I see..... ;)

She broke no law.

Ovey!

She broke no law.

Its a hail mary, 'please god, let me change the topic' sort of thing.

Holy fuck.

It is not the act .

But what if

1) That's called murder

Actually, no. As the reasoning you're criticizing requires a criminal act to trigger it. Not merely a thought about a criminal act.

But you want the same crime punished differently based on what was in the criminal's mind when he/she committed it.

Same question for you; should the black thugs committing the knockout attacks get a stiffer penalty when the victim is white? If so, why?

1) That's called murder

Apples and oranges.

It is equal protection .

We can punish hate. The question is, should we? I find the entire idea....problematic.

I don't. When we have a court system that let's a rich kid off after killing 4 people, additional penalties we can attach to a violent crime is okay by me.

Ovey!

She broke no law.

actually she did. Patreaus was found guilty of basically the same thing on a smaller scale.

Ovey!

She broke no law.

Its a hail mary, 'please god, let me change the topic' sort of thing.

I didn't bring up the affluenza kid.

Forum List

Back