Are there other purposes for a guillotine that anyone can think of?

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Screenshot_20240725_100624_TikTok.jpg

So why would American Govt order 30k guillotines?

View attachment 983812

So why would American Govt order 30k guillotines?
Not this shit again!

For years, a claim has circulated online about guillotines making a comeback — and the U.S. purchasing 30,000 of them.

Social media posts cite no sources in stating that not only did the government buy 30,000 guillotines, but Congress lobbied for and approved them. Posts also don’t say where a government acquires 30,000 guillotines.

The most recent flurry of social media claim date back to 2013, the year after President Barack Obama was elected to a second term.

Our ruling: False​

There is no evidence the government approved and purchased 30,000 guillotines for possible use on dissidents, nor is there documentation they are being held in Georgia and Montana. We rate this claim as FALSE.

Not this shit again!

For years, a claim has circulated online about guillotines making a comeback — and the U.S. purchasing 30,000 of them.

Social media posts cite no sources in stating that not only did the government buy 30,000 guillotines, but Congress lobbied for and approved them. Posts also don’t say where a government acquires 30,000 guillotines.

The most recent flurry of social media claim date back to 2013, the year after President Barack Obama was elected to a second term.

Our ruling: False​

There is no evidence the government approved and purchased 30,000 guillotines for possible use on dissidents, nor is there documentation they are being held in Georgia and Montana. We rate this claim as FALSE.

Wow, no evidence that's almost as reassuring as someone in the government denying the claim.

They didn't buy 30k of guillotines. That's just dumb. I can't find any actual real evidence of it.

And if they want to mass execute people they would just shoot them. No one is going to chop off 30,000 heads.

Although if they said they bought like 500, 10 for each state to be used as a federally mandated punishment for anyone found guilty of going out and intentionally, knowingly and willingly kill someone, or a pedophile then I'd be all for that. Drug dealers, kid diddlers, and murderers should be executed soon as they are found guilty.

Ahhh the usual fact checkers said there's nothing to those reports. I'll just allow my brain to say, don't let MY lying eyes deceive me and believe SNOPES.

Ahhh the usual fact checkers said there's nothing to those reports. I'll just allow my brain to say, don't let MY lying eyes deceive me and believe SNOPES.
The first time I saw this story it came from a poster named terral, who claimed GW Bush would not leave office, and was building camps equipped with guillotines to execute his political enemies.....about 2006

Forum List

Back