Are we still a British colony?

Roudy

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2012
I mean I have nothing against the Queen, in fact I have a lot of respect for her as a person, how she truly stayed away from politics and taking sides, didn't stick her nose into things she was supposed to, or make inflammatory or confrontational statements, all of which helped serve as a uniting force for her nation for so many decades.

But last I checked we fought her ancestors and defeated them. And she wasn't a Ghandi or Mother Teresa either, both of which didn't get half the attention she's gotten so far. So then why are we being exposed to non stop media coverage about her passing and her life etc. as if one of our leaders has passed away? It's mystifying. I would understand if you're a UK citizen or a resident, or the US was officially part of the Commonwealth but it's not.

Last edited:
And I thought you couldn’t get any dumber. She’s a historical figure. She‘s been the monarch longer than anyone else in British history and longer than most of us have been alive. That makes your post tone deaf, at best.

I mean I have nothing against the Queen, in fact I have a lot of respect for her as a person, how she truly stayed away from politics and taking sides, didn't stick her nose into things she was supposed to, or make inflammatory or confrontational statements, all of which helped serve as a uniting force for her nation for so many decades.

But last I checked we fought her ancestors and defeated them. And she wasn't a Ghandi or Mother Teresa either, both of which didn't get half the attention she's gotten so far. So then why are we being exposed to non stop media coverage about her passing and her life etc. as if one of our leaders has passed away? It's mystifying. I would understand if you're a UK citizen or resident or the US was officially part of the Commonwealth.

The only person that got as much attention is Saint George of Floyd.

~~~~~~
On the contrary we've been an occupying force in the UK since 1943 and haven't left yet. Ever hear of British war brides?

Notice whatever is the Leftist cause du jour, their minions jump into action promoting it. She's a historical figure blah blah blah. She isn't our leader nor has she played any role whatsoever in our country or it's history, other than our founders fought her ancestors for independence. I wonder whatever happened to commie Obama and his wife-beating deadbeat father he wrote a book about, both of which were proud ardent "anti-colonialists"?

~~~~~~
On the contrary we've been an occupying force in the UK since 1943 and haven't left yet. Ever hear of British war brides?
Reality is most Brits believe that the US is still an unofficial colony and they control what goes on here in more ways that one. Maybe we don't pay them taxes, but the financial commitment to protect the UK at all costs is far more costly than anything we would be paying as a Commonwealth nation.

Notice whatever is the Leftist cause du jour, their minions jump into action promoting it. She's a historical figure blah blah blah. She isn't our leader nor has she played any role whatsoever in our country or it's history, other than our founders fought her ancestors for independence. I wonder whatever happened to commie Obama and his wife-beating deadbeat father he wrote a book about, both of which were proud ardent "anti-colonialists"?
You’re just a jack*ss. Scratch you and all vile underpinnings come out.

I tire of it too. But...I also remember the Queen had her guard play the star spangled banner...the first time EVER...after 9/11 to show her sorrow and support of us in our time of grieving. So...she deserves the sorrow and respect of her passing.

Just my opinion.

I tire of it too. But...I also remember the Queen had her guard play the star spangled banner...the first time EVER...after 9/11 to show her sorrow and support of us in our time of grieving. So...she deserves the sorrow and respect of her passing.

Just my opinion.

Meanwhile the current administration sent their emissaries out in the media, and instead of expressing sorrow over 9-11, they compared Al Queda terrorists to anybody who votes for or supports GOP or Trump. They are truly despicable creatures.

Last edited:

Just my opinion.

There was time when both sides despite their differing ideologies would put country over party or politics.

Meanwhile the current administration sent their emissaries out in the media, and instead of expressing sorrow over 9-11, compared Al Queda terrorists to anybody who votes or supports GOP or Trump.

Then Whoopi bitched that someone in the GOP politicized 9/11 by mentioning Joe Biden.

Forum List

Back