Zone1 Are White People Wrong to Judge Fani Willis by Our Standards of Marital Fidelity and Ethics?

Christianity was used from 50 CE through the 19th century to enshrine slavery.
No it wasn’t. The people who invented the international slave trades, were not Christians. It took Christianity to get the savage American Indians to quit the practice of slavery. Not to mention human sacrifice and cannibalism. If the evil white people hadn’t imported Christianity to this continent, you very well might have been roasting a slave for your supper tonight.

Hadn't seen your posts lately. Glad you're still with us. :)

Why somebody decided to make this about Christianity I don't know. I guess that is an acknowledgment that Atheists and agnostics don't have any morals. LOL
Thanks! I’ve been on every day….just different threads, I guess.

IME, a liberal never misses a chance to put down religion….Christian and Jewish both.

Are White People Wrong to Judge Fani Willis by Our Standards of Marital Fidelity and Ethics?​

Here is another example of the delusion part of the white community lives in. The white standard of marital fidelity and ethics? What is that standard? Not the imaginary standard, but the real one.

Part of the white community supports a serial adulterer who was found liable for rape, who has committed numerous acts of fraud and these people are talking about holding Fani Willis up to white standards? What?

You, el midgetron, are poorly educated if you believe what you posted. From Bing AI:

Christianity’s Role in Slavery:

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
You, el midgetron, are poorly educated if you believe what you posted. From Bing AI:

So you’re saying that the Africans who sold their fellow Africans into slavery were Christians? I didn’t realize that.

Tell me how that is different from any other group during the same time? Especially the savage American Indians?

What you lack is context. If that is what you mean by “enshrined” then the whole of humanity “enshrined” slavery. So why is a bigot like yourself singling out Christianity when your own ancestors “enshrined” slavery?

“Many Native-American tribes practiced some form of slavery before the European introduction of African slavery into North America.[2][3]

The Haida and Tlingit Indians who lived along the southeastern Alaskan coast were traditionally known as fierce warriors and slave-traders, raiding as far as California. Slavery was hereditary after slaves were taken as prisoners of war. Among some Pacific Northwest tribes, about a quarter of the population were slaves.[5][6] Other slave-owning tribes of North America were, for example, Comanche[7] of Texas, Creek of Georgia, the fishing societies, such as the Yurok, that lived along the coast from what is now Alaska to California; the Pawnee, and Klamath.[8]

Some tribes held people as captive slaves late in the 19th century. For instance, "Ute Woman", was a Ute captured by the Arapaho and later sold to a Cheyenne. She was kept by the Cheyenne to be used as a prostitute to serve American soldiers at Cantonment in the Indian Territory. She lived in slavery until about 1880. She died of a hemorrhage resulting from "excessive sexual intercourse".[9] “

Slavery among Native Americans in the United States - Wikipedia.

“1880” huh? Why were Native Americans still practicing slavery in 1880? 15 years after “Juneteenth”? Because they are a sovereign people who didn’t have to obey things like the emancipation proclamation and they weren’t about to give up their beloved and traditional practice of owning people.

If black people actually care about slavery then they should stop the Juneteenth stuff and figure out when the Native Americans finally freed the last of their slaves (including black slaves) and celebrate that holiday.

Blacks are taught that God delivered us from slavery. White racists discredit what is called liberation theology.
Of course, God delivered blacks from slavery. Acting to benevolent white men like John Brown, and the hundreds of thousands of white men who fought against the Democrats of the south. Likely some of those white honkies were your ancestors. So you should be proud.

Tell me how that is different from any other group during the same time? Especially the savage American Indians?

What you lack is context. If that is what you mean by “enshrined” then the whole of humanity “enshrined” slavery. So why is a bigot like yourself singling out Christianity when your own ancestors “enshrined” slavery?
If its not different than other groups, then Christianity is not superior.

• Fact
Of course, God delivered blacks from slavery. Acting to benevolent white men like John Brown, and the hundreds of thousands of white men who fought against the Democrats of the south. Likely some of those white honkies were your ancestors. So you should be proud.
And the hundreds of thousands of white northern Democrats that fought with the Union.

Your attempts at simplification merely reflect your poor brain's lack of intricate reasoning power.

Iit is all far more complicated than you try to make it.

And the hundreds of thousands of white northern Democrats that fought with the Union.

Your attempts at simplification merely reflect your poor brain's lack of intricate reasoning power.

Iit is all far more complicated than you try to make it.
Hundreds of Thousands?

I know that there were some Northern Democrats who supported the Union and the war. That does not translate into "hundreds of thousands" of them actually fighting the war.

It’s not about the affair, and you know it. It’s that she hired lover boy, paid him the top dollar allowed - when he never had even tried a felony case before! - and then enjoyed lavish vacations with taxpayer funds she used to overpay her affair partner.
He must be good. They have already rolled half the people the indicted.

• Fact
If it’s not different than other groups, then Christianity is not superior.
You are right, it’s not different in that context despite you claiming it “enshrined” slavery. However, in the context of ending slavery, Christianity provided the moral groundwork for the abolishment of slavery. That sets white people and Christianity apart from the indigenous American savages who continued slavery until at least 1880 as I’ve provided documentation of.

Serious question.

I'm white so I don't know. I'm asking any black posters on here if they feel that the white lawyers questioning her are coming from a different place as far as how important marital honesty is, or the morality of romance with someone who is married to another.

In this clip:

She seems very surprised and annoyed that the opposing is asking her about the money that she gave her married lover, for their vacations and dinners and other entertainments they shared. She tries to be a bit of a wise guy, but she does not really evade the fact of having given him money, just tries not to answer about the form.

More oddly to me is that she is not at all embarrassed about the fact that she was doing all this with a man who has a wife at home who may or may not be aware of this affair.

Is that a common thing, that all that would be important is the relationship she enjoys, and has no thoughts or feelings about the wife whose husband she is taking. In her world, it that normal, I guess is my question.

Nah..... The word slut doesn't come with a skin color.

John Edgar Slow Horses uses his modern western morality to be critical of Christianity. Perhaps a comparative context is needed. Let take a look at the religious culture of the Native Americans.

2269030B-2CD3-4E68-A0B4-B06931214044.jpeg

Child sacrifice in North America, with a note on suttee. - Persée

Not exactly how it happened. Stop pretending that blacks just sat there and were saved by whitey. Whites lived in fear every day slavery existed.

Black Seminoles—Gullahs Who Escaped From Slavery

The Black Seminoles are a small offshoot of the Gullah who escaped from the rice plantations in South Carolina and Georgia. They built their own settlements on the Florida frontier, fought a series of wars to preserve their freedom, and were scattered across North America. They have played a significant role in American history but have never received the recognition they deserve. Some Gullah slaves managed to escape from coastal South Carolina and Georgia south into the Florida peninsula.

It's amazing how much Amerian history some whites don't know.

Forum List

Back