• inevtable

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • Scary

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think folks seem to be leaving out a complete category - reactionaries.

reactionaries are comfortable with change - they typically endorse radical changes to try to turn back the clock. They favor change by endorsing changing things back.

You might want to read up on who ruled the Dark Ages? They weren't progressives, but they would have burned you at the stake for saying so.

Robbers with any other name are still robbers.

And that has absolutely nothing to do with who ruled the Dark Ages and the fact that they avoided progress at all cost. To be a progressive then was to slit your own throat. Learn some history.

thats a stupid post. If you mewan by progreesive a baby killing, gay loving weirdo, yes.

but if you mean by increasing education and becoming christain, then no it wasnt. The dark ages werent so dark if you know history. The byzantine empire was a source of great culture and learning. Charlemagne was running present day france. And england was warring between the vikings, celts, romans and angolsaxons

I am a libertarian, IMO, we are the true conservatives.

Yes, libertarians are the true conservatives for government and liberals for the people because only a small government allows a free people.

Explain N. Korea or Iran. How do small governments allow the people to be free?
What the FUCK are you on about fly snatcher? You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. YOU have zero concept of this Republic and the principles it was based upon...and it wasn't a theocracy or mass tyranny.:eusa_hand:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
What is a conservative?

Is there a prototype which includes: social conservatives, fiscal conservatives, neo conservatives, one-issue conservatives and callous conservatives?

Where do these separate sets intersect (on what issues do they all agree?)

How do you feel about change?
If you wish to classify conservative as ONLY against change, I can prove you are the most staunch conservative on this forum.

During the Dark Ages people like me got their heads chopped off, while people like you stopped all human progress in the name of your god.

Da Vinci,Galileo,Copernicus....they never were beheaded?....

To be fair, he said people like him. Those men are not at all like him.
To be honest, it doesn't know history at all, and what little it does know, is twisted to fit an agenda pursued on an Internet forum using an anonymous name.

hard to take ti serious.

Yes, libertarians are the true conservatives for government and liberals for the people because only a small government allows a free people.

You think N. Korea and Iran have small government? LOL. What you talking about, Willis?

mmm, who runs N. Korea? Who runs Iran? What happens in N. Korea when one speaks out against the dear leader? What happens in Iran when one opposes the Supreme Leader?

Who the hell is Willis? Some sort of slight of hand ad hominem?

Libertarians are liberals on LSD.

What is a conservative?

Is there a prototype which includes: social conservatives, fiscal conservatives, neo conservatives, one-issue conservatives and callous conservatives?

Where do these separate sets intersect (on what issues do they all agree?)

How do you feel about change?
If you wish to classify conservative as ONLY against change, I can prove you are the most staunch conservative on this forum.

I don't "classify conservative as ONLY against change" since much of the conservative agenda is to change what we do today into what we did yesterday.

I say dangerous because few if any look far enough down the road to accurately judge the wisdom/consequences of the change they seek.

I want a liberal definition of conservative first that does not include the following:

1. Jesus freak
2. Fag hater
3. Racist
4. Terrorist
5. Trailer dweller
6. Confederate
7. Low IQ primate
8. Gun nut
9. Dude with engine block hanging on tree
10. Some guy with an AC air conditioner in the back of his truck window.

Ooops, looks like I qualify for 2, 6 and 8.

Change is inevitible ... Conservatism and Progessivism are approaches to the inevitable change.

Change is indeed inevitable, but it doesn't mean that change needs to be abrupt. Abrupt change results in social instability. Thus, any change should maintain rule of law and existing traditions within our society.

Change is indeed inevitable, but it doesn't mean that change needs to be abrupt. Abrupt change results in social instability. Thus, any change should maintain rule of law and existing traditions within our society.

Change needn't be abrupt though sometimes it is necessary; sometimes the law is wrong and existing traditions too (Jim Crow laws, blue laws are examples).

Change needn't be abrupt though sometimes it is necessary; sometimes the law is wrong and existing traditions too (Jim Crow laws, blue laws are examples).
We shouldn't however change our laws to accommodate change. For instance I wouldn't consider changing our DUI laws if we somehow had a growing number of drinkers in our society. Same applies to laws regarding narcotics. Don't relax the laws because more people are using drugs.

You think N. Korea and Iran have small government? LOL. What you talking about, Willis?

mmm, who runs N. Korea? Who runs Iran? What happens in N. Korea when one speaks out against the dear leader? What happens in Iran when one opposes the Supreme Leader?

Who the hell is Willis? Some sort of slight of hand ad hominem?

Libertarians are liberals on LSD.

Libertarians are true liberals. "Liberals" are actually authoritarian leftists, which is the opposite of "liberal."

Being on LSD is you responding to my statements about small government by saying what about North Korea and Iran. No clue what that's supposed to mean, Homey.

As for Willis, no, that is not an ad hominem. Here you go.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k&feature=kp]Whatcha talkin bout Willis - YouTube[/ame]

I am more conservative than my liberal friends, yet I am more liberal than my conservative friends. You figure it out and let me know...

The poll question and voting options are all meaningless.

SOME change is not just good, but great.

OTHER change is not good at all.

Thus, some change is "scary." Some is dangerous. Some is wonderful. Etc.

Here's an equally silly and meaningless "question:"

Are you "against" calories?

I voted change is good. I have no idea what the poll has to do with the thread title.

I thought the nexus was congruent, change can be for good or bad, we know it is scary and can be dangerous. Thus, which word on first blush describes how the reader sees change? It goes with are you a conservative, since support for tradition and slow cautious change are generally included in most definitions of the word conservative.

Correct.

The fundamental component of reactionary conservatism is the fear of change; the fear of diversity, dissent, and the unwarranted belief that change poses some sort of a ‘threat’ to the conservative’s special interests.

Forum List

Back