Are you better off than you were four years ago?

How do you know, $1500 a month is cheap and damn lucky for housing. Check zillow, moosup connecticut

Gas, 100 easy every week
Insurance for my car, I left out, 150, again, cheap, phone 266, internet for the house 100, feeding four people 800 easy, who don't have a car payment that is 400 to 800 a month

I left out fuel oil, 800 a month in the winter
Car maintenance 200 a month, sometimes less, sometimes more

What are your monthly expenses
None ya.

It was $4000/mo in CA to just exist in the Obiden 1.0 years. CA & CONN are not same as Waco TX where he is comparing perhaps. Or he is just starting Sheeat?
The Democrats are simply proving they are no different than their arrogant slave owning past

Slaves complaining about eating grits get scorn, or whipped, they would whip us if they could

No, NO it isn't.

Whose teaching you?
You need a better tutor. I could help.

7% + 6.5% + 3.7%, can you add?

The way I see it, that's more than 3X 5%. LMAO

no, it equals 4k take home, not a penny more

food is $800 a month
electricity is $300 a month
gas is $100 a week, $400 a month
telephones are $266 a month
garbage is $40 a month
mortgage is $1500 a month
car payment $400 a month
insuranace is $400 a month
braces, $100 a month

80k a year is simply living

it cost me 4300k a month to live, I dont live high on the hog. I pay for 4 people to include myself

I bought the cheapest house I could find before the prices went up. My $150k house now costs $400k. Lucky for me I live in a city that raises property tax as fast as they think the price of my house went up.

the only thing you are right about is that people should live pretty good on 80k, what you are wrong about is that we honestly cant.

Thank god, at 60 years old, I get to work 84 hours this week, and if I can not keep working 84 hours a week I will have to find a job that needs me to work 84 hours a week.

Education? Bachelors in Electronic engineering, further education in Non destructive testing, qualifications with the Electrical Power Research Institute, ASNT and my company.

sure, one can live good, if they never ever make a mistake, but not making any mistake, 80k in this economy sucks!

266 a month for phones, I pay 34.48 a month for two lines. 266, I haven't paid that much in more than a decade, since I dumped AT&T.

How stupid. An Electric bill is not a "Big" asset. Biggest assets are down from Trump peak. House down ~$100K. IRA/401K down 10%? The cost of everything is 2X-5X.

Bottle of Wesson Canola Oil $5.19 at Walmart. $6.50 elsewhere. Was $2.99 - $3.99 back under normal times?
Do you think inflation would not have occurred world wide after COVID if Crooked Donald had stayed in power?

My monthly electric bill went from around $200 to $750 in less than a year.
In 2023, the average electric bill for a 3-bedroom house is $162 per month nationwide and ranges from $98 in Utah to $293 in Hawaii. This is based on the latest household consumption data for homes between 1,500 and 2,499 square feet from the EIA and utility rates as of July 2023.

How much electricity does it cost to grow marijuana?

Put another way, a four-plant lighting module uses as much electricity as 29 refrigerators.

Does anyone seriously believe that the US is better of at this point of Biden's presidency that it was at the same point in Trump's presidency?

Trump (October 2019): America is great again.

Biden (October 2023); We are in deep shit.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, I’m better off.

BTW did the former 1-term fuckup ever have a quarter of 4.9% GDP.?

Imagine that, and mortgage rates are up above 8%.

Mortgage Rates: Compare Today's Rates | Bankrate
Mortgage rates of interest are always higher than what CD rates are....

Matt and I had almost a 20 year period where we earned near nothing on our savings which sucked wind from here to high heaven, yet....while under the Reagan, Carter inflation, my parents became millionaires with earning 10%- 20% interest on their savings in CDs, their money doubling every 7 years or so with compound interest.... in the same period the hubby and I had our first mortgage at 13.5% interest rate.

Different generations all have been dealt their ups and downs.... :(

I'm fine, but can say I bring in a pension, which of course doesn't increase anywhere near Bidenflation. I'm lucky the house is paid for, because the reality is, most things cost twice what they did pre-Biden. My pension has about 60-70% the spending power it did pre-Biden.

Last edited:
you have so much money you dont care that the price of food has gone up over 400%

you care so little for your fellow americans you could care less that they can not afford food?

60 years old, never divorced, you are a lucky prick, a disgrace if you dont care that the price of food is too expensive.

Honestly, I am not being insulting, I am not trying to flame or troll your post, but hard working americans that are not lazy, that are not idiots, are struggling to feed their families. And this is just the beginning of inflationary hell.

You will be lucky to make that vacation, and really lucky if it is safe enough to take, crime is skyrocketing as people become desperate.

People are very desperate
You don't have to spend 4x on food. Eat cheap. Problem solved.

Does anyone seriously believe that the US is better of at this point of Biden's presidency that it was at the same point in Trump's presidency?

Trump (October 2019): America is great again.

Biden (October 2023); We are in deep shit.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
I am not. Everything has gotten very expensive. I'm scared to spend dollars.

It just doesn't look good. There's thing I want, and I have the money for, but I better not.

I feel like something bad is right around the corner and I should hold off.

I am not. Everything has gotten very expensive. I'm scared to spend dollars.

It just doesn't look good. There's thing I want, and I have the money for, but I better not.

I feel like something bad is right around the corner and I should hold off.
Those are good instincts....you'll be better off for them....

We felt that way with the stimulus checks, had the money to buy the want or need, but felt something bad was coming, so didn't spend it....

Now this inflation crap hit, so we are glad we were cautious....

Forum List

Back