Are you better off than you were four years ago?

Mortgage rates of interest are always higher than what CD rates are....

Matt and I had almost a 20 year period where we earned near nothing on our savings which sucked wind from here to high heaven, yet....while under the Reagan, Carter inflation, my parents became millionaires with earning 10%- 20% interest on their savings in CDs, their money doubling every 7 years or so with compound interest.... in the same period the hubby and I had our first mortgage at 13.5% interest rate.

Different generations all have been dealt their ups and downs.... :(
No one in this thread is complaining about CD rates. The point is, with the high mortgage rates, high gas prices, high food prices, everyone has much less, if any, to invest.

No one in this thread is complaining about CD rates. The point is, with the high mortgage rates, high gas prices, high food prices, everyone has much less, if any, to invest.
Only if you pay those high prices. Since gas prices went up I spend much less on gas as I quit all recreational driving. The real gouging is in the rental housing market.

Only if you pay those high prices. Since gas prices went up I spend much less on gas as I quit all recreational driving. The real gouging is in the rental housing market.

Yes, gas is the biggest driver of inflation and in 2019 I was commuting about 300 miles a week, now it is 70. Gas is not 4 times higher now than it was in 2019, thus I am spending less on gas

Does anyone seriously believe that the US is better of at this point of Biden's presidency that it was at the same point in Trump's presidency?

Trump (October 2019): America is great again.

Biden (October 2023); We are in deep shit.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Tough call. Even though Trump is no longer president, he is still doing a lot of damage to our country.

I would say we are doing better internationally but not domestically.

We don't often have seditious conspirators attempt to disrupt the constitutional process of counting electorial votes.

Forum List

Back