Are you for school choice, or do you want to brain wash other people's children?

Simple answers for simple, binary minds. Sad what the right wing has brought this country to. They've weaponized the word "woke". Now it's "grooming". When nothing of the sort goes on. It's just another excuse to knock the legs out from underneath public education. What does "school choice" even mean to you shallow thinkers? Lots of people don't have a "choice" of where to go to school. I know what's behind the OP's post. I'm just waiting to see if someone will utter the quiet part out loud.

Simple answers for simple, binary minds. Sad what the right wing has brought this country to. They've weaponized the word "woke". Now it's "grooming". When nothing of the sort goes on. It's just another excuse to knock the legs out from underneath public education. What does "school choice" even mean to you shallow thinkers? Lots of people don't have a "choice" of where to go to school. I know what's behind the OP's post. I'm just waiting to see if someone will utter the quiet part out loud.
School choice means getting credit for your school tax dollars to be credited toward a real education for your children instead of being indoctrinated by the teacher's unions in the holding pens called public schools. Without school choice we pay school taxes AND pay very expensive tuition. That is simply unfair.

School choice means getting credit for your school tax dollars to be credited toward a real education for your children instead of being indoctrinated by the teacher's unions in the holding pens called public schools. Without school choice we pay school taxes AND pay very expensive tuition. That is simply unfair.

This is the civil rights question of modern times as far as I am concerned. People need to be able to choose where to send their kids to school.

Simple answers for simple, binary minds. Sad what the right wing has brought this country to.

Start off your post with a vile slur, don't be surprised what you get back dumbass.

They've weaponized the word "woke". Now it's "grooming".

Calling something what it is, is not wrong...You're just upset that parents caught on to what you people were doing with our children during the pandemic, and can't put that genie back in the bottle...

When nothing of the sort goes on.

Your tools in school boards are being challenged and losing right now. That dog don't hunt no more.

It's just another excuse to knock the legs out from underneath public education.

Not at all...Finally parents are getting involved, and you don't like it...

What does "school choice" even mean to you shallow thinkers?

It seems pretty simple...give each family a voucher for their taxes paid and let them choose where they send their kids to school.

Lots of people don't have a "choice" of where to go to school.

They don't now! Because that's how you progressives have set up the system...School choice would kill your ability to indoctrinate our children.

I know what's behind the OP's post. I'm just waiting to see if someone will utter the quiet part out loud.

Oh, here it comes....What is it fool? Racism? Fascism?

You're fucking nuts.

No indoctrination goes on. Even when I was in school in the 70's and 80's it didn't occur. Again. This DOESN'T happen except in your alt-right brains. Your media fawns feed it to you and you swallow it like pablum.

And by the way, what you've described here is not "school choice".

No indoctrination goes on. Even when I was in school in the 70's and 80's it didn't occur. Again. This DOESN'T happen except in your alt-right brains. Your media fawns feed it to you and you swallow it like pablum.

And by the way, what you've described here is not "school choice".

Oh yes it is. School choice is using your tax dollars to send your child to the school of your; the parents choosing.

Start off your post with a vile slur, don't be surprised what you get back dumbass.

Calling something what it is, is not wrong...You're just upset that parents caught on to what you people were doing with our children during the pandemic, and can't put that genie back in the bottle...

Your tools in school boards are being challenged and losing right now. That dog don't hunt no more.

Not at all...Finally parents are getting involved, and you don't like it...

It seems pretty simple...give each family a voucher for their taxes paid and let them choose where they send their kids to school.

They don't now! Because that's how you progressives have set up the system...School choice would kill your ability to indoctrinate our children.

Oh, here it comes....What is it fool? Racism? Fascism?

You're fucking nuts.
I know the truth hurts. Deal with it, snowflake. I've been around long enough to see that this has happened before..in the 90's after the "Republican Revolution" swept into Washington. Just and righteous conservatives concerned with "family and Christian" values ran for school board positions because..."the children"..LOL. Parents have been free to get involved in their children's education since the beginning of time.

But props for the mention of "school vouchers".:auiqs.jpg:I first heard it proposed in the 80's by conservatives. And they wouldn't work today. That kind of choice is just not possible.
You have the option to send your kids to private schools or if you feel aggrieved enough, start a charter school (which have a mixed bag of success while dealing with the SAME problems as public schools).

Oh yes it is. School choice is using your tax dollars to send your child to the school of your; the parents choosing.
Entirely not feasible in today's world. If you feel that aggrieved, send your kids to a private or charter school.

Which side are you on?

Actually, I am a product of parochial Schools.

And I think School Choice is an awful idea, because it will end up taking money out of the public schools and subsidizing people who are already sending their kids to private schools.

Here's the thing. Because my parents were paying to have the nuns and priests torture me for 12 years, they were actually committed to me doing my homework and making progress.

You can't give an uncommitted parent a voucher and expect that they will suddenly become involved.

Those monies should be portable to allow parents the choice.

The problem there becomes that the choice works both ways. Private schools will refuse special needs kids, kids with disciplinary problems or kids who are just difficult to educate. If the dollars chase the results, there will be a temptation to skew your results by only picking the bright kids.

Forum List

Back