Are you for school choice, or do you want to brain wash other people's children?

Simple answers for simple, binary minds. Sad what the right wing has brought this country to. They've weaponized the word "woke". Now it's "grooming". When nothing of the sort goes on. It's just another excuse to knock the legs out from underneath public education. What does "school choice" even mean to you shallow thinkers? Lots of people don't have a "choice" of where to go to school. I know what's behind the OP's post. I'm just waiting to see if someone will utter the quiet part out loud.
oh fuck dude. the fanatical left weaponized everything.

get the hell outta here with this shit

And?.....That's exactly what I wanted when I sent my kids to mid-tier private school and moved to a lily white neighborhood. I did not want them around half-raised trash.
You are kind of making my point.

Also there are different tiers of private schools you know....I had to pick the best I could afford while still paying to "educate" the little Johnny Rottens of the public schools. Every nickel of that I should have had access to so as to educate my kids.
I don't have kids at all, and I'm paying for schools because those little Johnny Rottens will be the ones working on my car, fixing my food or doing other services for us.

Liberals are big on talk but when you start peeling back the onion on where the liberal elites send their kids to school you find out that it's usually a pretty exclusive school with long waiting lists.

Oh, I don't disagree. But heres the thing... when they decided to try more equality through busing, it was conservative white people who screamed the loudest.

Feasibility

1). A school only holds so many children.
If 50% increase in additional admissions are going to happen, then where do you propose to house theses students if the school was already at 100% capacity?

2). Where do you get the extra staffing?

3). How do students get to this new school of their choice that is 30+ miles away?

Give all parents who choose this option their tax money back from public schools.
Answer the 3 questions above about feasibility. They are FAIR questions.

So then you admit that Chicago public schools are bad? And yet, you want everyone to attend them? Sounds strange to me!

Personally, I would have loved to have avoided Catholic Schools... but I didn't have much of a say in the matter.

Public Schools in Chicago actually improved quite a lot under Mayor Emmanuel, to the point where the Catholic Schools are bitching that they really can't make the argument that they are better.

The problem is, the schools choose them.

I went to what can be considered a pretty elite Catholic High School. One that has given the City of Chicago four of its mayors since 1950. They picked their students as much as their students picked them.

School choice would make the biggest problem of our education system worse- Good schools for the affluent, poor schools for the poor.

Well Joe, never knew you were raised in Chicago, join the club!

I went to a parochial grammar school there, and when my father passed, I couldn't attend a Catholic high school like Mendal, or St Francis De Sales; even though I got a partial scholarship to De Sales, only had to purchase the books. Mom could not afford it, so off the Fenger I went.

Funny thing----------> For the 1st year and part of the 2nd at Fenger, didn't have to do hardly anything. Know why? Because I was taught it all in 7th and 8th grade.

Yep, Chicago schools of the public variety suck! The kids deserve better than that, especially if they are in a cycle of poverty.

Now we know why people were against sex education being taught in schools back in the 70's. The left twists everything perversely.

No indoctrination goes on. Even when I was in school in the 70's and 80's it didn't occur. Again. This DOESN'T happen except in your alt-right brains. Your media fawns feed it to you and you swallow it like pablum.

And by the way, what you've described here is not "school choice".
Liar.

I went to an "alternative" high school in 1970. One of my fellow students was being fostered by two of the teachers -- a married couple -- and I occasionally spent the night there. We were allowed to smoke dope and my friend slept with her boyfriend under their roof. We were 15.

These "alternative" teachers became the mainstream eventually.

I don't have kids at all, and I'm paying for schools because those little Johnny Rottens will be the ones working on my car, fixing my food or doing other services for us.

Oh, I don't disagree. But heres the thing... when they decided to try more equality through busing, it was conservative white people who screamed the loudest.
Yet now the left wants to separate and divide everyone.

why not just leave people the fuck alone.

Now we know why people were against sex education being taught in schools back in the 70's. The left twists everything perversely.
In your sick, twisted little mind maybe. Sorry if that's where your brain sits, but sex education was an initiative to educate young adults on sexual matters because the fear mongering of the abstinence at all costs teachings...weren't resulting in less unexpected pregnancy and social diseases. Even back then, abstinence was heavily touted..or at least, that's what they tried to scare you into.

So, it seems...YOU are the perverts. :) Want to keep it all hidden and under the covers. :auiqs.jpg:

In your sick, twisted little mind maybe. Sorry if that's where your brain sits, but sex education was an initiative to educate young adults on sexual matters because the fear mongering of the abstinence at all costs teachings...weren't resulting in less unexpected pregnancy and social diseases. Even back then, abstinence was heavily touted..or at least, that's what they tried to scare you into.

So, it seems...YOU are the perverts. :) Want to keep it all hidden and under the covers. :auiqs.jpg:
since when are kindergarteners to 3rd grade young adults?

Actually, I am a product of parochial Schools.

And I think School Choice is an awful idea, because it will end up taking money out of the public schools and subsidizing people who are already sending their kids to private schools.

Here's the thing. Because my parents were paying to have the nuns and priests torture me for 12 years, they were actually committed to me doing my homework and making progress.

You can't give an uncommitted parent a voucher and expect that they will suddenly become involved.
How is it a subsidy if you’re using your own tax money for education?

I'm too old to sugar coat things and the fact of the matter is this.....Most folks with skin in the game want what is best for their kids and to hell with the rest of them that have "issues"....Oh they might make other "noises" but in the end they look out what is best for their kids.

Perhaps if I would have had the extra money stolen from me I could have afforded the top tier private school in my area.

As for the bussing issue it was no big deal in my AO but desegregation was, many white people just had no interest in having their kids go to school with blacks. In fact a private academy was built, at their own expense, for those folk's kids to attend but it closed 10 years later and became a Middle School.

Though just a few blocks away I did not attend because the number of blacks that entered the public schools was very minimal and some were already friends due to the little black community one street over from me so I never paid it all any mind.....We had been playing together for years so I was glad of it.

No indoctrination goes on. Even when I was in school in the 70's and 80's it didn't occur. Again. This DOESN'T happen except in your alt-right brains. Your media fawns feed it to you and you swallow it like pablum.

And by the way, what you've described here is not "school choice".
Then you would support cameras in the classroom?

Then you would support cameras in the classroom?
So you knee jerk a-holes could bitch every time something gets said that runs contrary to your Christian values or sensibilities?
Ah..no, I don't want to be litigating with every single one of you whack-a-doodles.

If you don't like the school, pay to send your kids elsewhere...out of YOUR own pocket.

Forum List

Back