Army Clears Bowe Bergdahl of Misconduct. Really?

[MENTION=43857]eagle1462010[/MENTION]

Why do you hate American tradition and history of rule of law and right to a trial?

AWOL and Desertion in the US Military

Spare me. He was on an outpost in hostile territory, and in that region men die without a trial all the time. It's called War you dumb ass.

He swore an oath, and in that oath it doesn't say, "I don't like it here, I'm going to quit and run away." And leave your brothers and dishonor yourself and the oath of enlistment.

Men died trying to get him back because he walked off his post. They didn't get a trial.

The POW/MIA Logo in your avatar appears out of place. Just doesn't fit with the comments.

That is because Bowe disgraced his uniform and doesn't qualify in my opinion.....

Again, he walked off his post in a combat zone. Deserted. He gets no respect from me and he deserves it................

Spare me. He was on an outpost in hostile territory, and in that region men die without a trial all the time. It's called War you dumb ass.

He swore an oath, and in that oath it doesn't say, "I don't like it here, I'm going to quit and run away." And leave your brothers and dishonor yourself and the oath of enlistment.

Men died trying to get him back because he walked off his post. They didn't get a trial.

The POW/MIA Logo in your avatar appears out of place. Just doesn't fit with the comments.

That is because Bowe disgraced his uniform and doesn't qualify in my opinion.....

Again, he walked off his post in a combat zone. Deserted. He gets no respect from me and he deserves it................

What was he supposed to do once he determined the invasion was bullshit?

He volunteered. No one put a gun to his head and made him do it.

He swore and oath and violated the same. Then walked off in the War Zone. He again broke the code, and again deserves NOTHING.

It isn't about what you respect. The POW/MIA Logo was designed and first used for and by relatives of the POW's and those who where listed as MISSING IN ACTION. It represents the concept that the nation will keep faith with the families of the POW's and MIA's and the men and women who become POW or MIA.
Your disrespect for the meaning means that the faith, honor and certainty for future POW/MIA's is not certain or assured. You make what was unconditional, now conditional on personal individual opinions and politics.

It isn't about what you respect. The POW/MIA Logo was designed and first used for and by relatives of the POW's and those who where listed as MISSING IN ACTION. It represents the concept that the nation will keep faith with the families of the POW's and MIA's and the men and women who become POW or MIA.
Your disrespect for the meaning means that the faith, honor and certainty for future POW/MIA's is not certain or assured. You make what was unconditional, now conditional on personal individual opinions and politics.

BS. It has nothing to do with Bowe............

That is nothing more than PC Bull. The man deserted and violated his oath.

Next.

He swore and oath and violated the same. Then walked off in the War Zone. He again broke the code, and again deserves NOTHING.

Where's your evidence that Sgt Bergdahl violated his oath? P.S. Your opinion doesn't count for more than a pile of dung when it comes to the definition of what is and is not evidence.

I'll reserve judgement on Bergdahl until all investigations, mental and physical examinations/evaluations are complete and made public.

BS. It has nothing to do with Bowe............

That is nothing more than PC Bull. The man deserted and violated his oath.

Next.

It's not about that. And it's not going to be deflected by claiming some kind of PC Bull. It's about bumper sticker patriotism and people wrapping themselves in a flag while they disrespect the flag. It's about being a fake and getting caught and trying to weasel out of it.
But it's a free country and folks are allowed to be fakes.

What's worse: a guy who walks off his post, or a corporation that deliberately dumps chemicals into rivers, ground, etc.?

DEFLECTION

1 : a turning aside or off course : deviation

usually used when one is cornered and needs cover. LMAO....
I'm just asking a question. Those criminal corporations get a simple fine.

He voluntereered because all the hype about patriotism as defined by the war Party - once there he saw the error of his ways and decided to exit.

Nothing wrong with that.

U.S. Army Hawk Home Page

Code of Conduct for the United States Military

The Code of Conduct for Members of the United States Armed Forces Article 1 really says it all. The Code of Conduct is the same for the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard.

1. I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

2. I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

3. If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

4. If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith in my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and back them up in every way.

5. When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

6. I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and the United States of America.

The Code of Conduct was established by Executive Order 10631 on January 1st. 1955

U.S. Army Hawk Home Page

The Code of Conduct for Members of the United States Armed Forces Article 1 really says it all. The Code of Conduct is the same for the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard.

1. I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

2. I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

3. If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

4. If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith in my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and back them up in every way.

5. When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

6. I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and the United States of America.

The Code of Conduct was established by Executive Order 10631 on January 1st. 1955

US Constitution which applies to ALL Americans

First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

thirteenth Amendment

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

U.S. Army Hawk Home Page

First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

thirteenth Amendment

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

You don't have a clue about the military and codes.

U.S. Army Hawk Home Page

First Amendment

thirteenth Amendment

You don't have a clue about the Constitution and laws adopted pursuant thereto.

First Amendment

thirteenth Amendment

You don't have a clue about the Constitution and laws adopted pursuant thereto.

The military and it's structure is not a Democracy........

You can't just up and quit because your dang feelings are hurt that it wasn't like the dang movies.

U.S. Army Hawk Home Page

Eh, yeah, so does this, with respect to Bergdahl:

Uniform Code of Military Justice, Article 85 - Desertion

(a) Any member of the armed forces who—

(1) without authority goes or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to remain away therefrom permanently;

(2) quits his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to avoid hazardous duty or to shirk important service; or

(3) without being regularly separated from one of the armed forces enlists or accepts an appointment in the same or another one of the armed forces without fully disclosing the fact that he has not been regularly separated, or enters any foreign armed service except when authorized by the United States, is guilty of desertion.

(b) Any commissioned officer of the armed forces who, after tender of his resignation and before notice of its acceptance, quits his post or proper duties without leave and with intent to remain away therefrom permanently is guilty of desertion.

(c) Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, but if the desertion or attempt to desert occurs at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.”

Last edited:

Forum List

Back