Art As Servant of The State

"One of the great ironies is how artists, writers, poets, creative folks...and intellectuals, tend to be supporters, of the Left ..."

Gotta love it when RWs accidentally tell the truth.

He was funnier before he came up with the dumb idea of selling out to the rightwing propaganda machine...

So, in your opinion he was funnier before he gored your ox which, also in your opinion, made him a sellout. Got it.

"One of the great ironies is how artists, writers, poets, creative folks...and intellectuals, tend to be supporters, of the Left ..."

Gotta love it when RWs accidentally tell the truth.

There is no wonder why you were afraid of the entire quote.

What's wrong with the 'collective'? Humans are social animals.

Remarkable! That anyone can still ask such a silly question is proof of the effectiveness of loony leftist propaganda on our weakest minds. That humans are social animals does not lead to collectivism. It leads to socio-political and economic organization..

Remarkable! That anyone can still ask such a silly question is proof of the effectiveness of loony leftist propaganda on our weakest minds. That humans are social animals does not lead to collectivism. It leads to socio-political and economic organization..

Which includes collectivism. I'm in an electric cooperative owned by the consumers of the electricity. I'm in a credit union owned by the depositors. The world hasn't ended

and btw...both are better deals than the for profit companies.

Do you deny that humans by nature are social animals? Not solitary loners? Do you deny that humans for the sake of their best interests act collectively in almost every aspect of survival?

Organizing societies "for the sake of their best interests" is not collectivism (which is ownership of land and the means of production by the state). In fact, it is the exact opposite.

I asked the OP what's wrong with collectivism. She was dumbfounded, reduced to babbling incoherently about Ann Coulter.

Can you help her?

What's wrong with my credit union?

Do you deny that humans by nature are social animals? Not solitary loners? Do you deny that humans for the sake of their best interests act collectively in almost every aspect of survival?

Organizing societies "for the sake of their best interests" is not collectivism (which is ownership of land and the means of production by the state). In fact, it is the exact opposite.

Like what? The military?

Which includes collectivism. I'm in an electric cooperative owned by the consumers of the electricity. I'm in a credit union owned by the depositors. The world hasn't ended

Clearly there is room in our society for co-ops (which are fine for those who choose to be collectivized) but as centralized gov'ts it is a disaster. Once the gov't chooses it for you, it is the end of your world.

I asked the OP what's wrong with collectivism. She was dumbfounded, reduced to babbling incoherently about Ann Coulter.

Can you help her?

No she wasn't. She simply chose not to play your silly semantic game and there's nothing wrong with your choosing to be part of a credit union (but there's plenty wrong with gov't collectivization). Big diff.

"Cheap flights to Venezuela
The top flight destination for Venezuela is Caracas"
5 Cheap Flights to Venezuela from 473 - TripAdvisor

Be sure to drop a postcard once you get settled in, y'hear!

Can you help her?

I simply nailed you with a quote that correctly identified your obfuscation.

He was funnier before he came up with the dumb idea of selling out to the rightwing propaganda machine...

So, in your opinion he was funnier before he gored your ox which, also in your opinion, made him a sellout. Got it.

Name the so-called liberal comedians you're a big fan of. And don't lie.

IDK the political leanings of my favorite comedians (is Chris Rock a lib?) but I'm friendly with Dice Clay and his band of merry comics.

Another artist martyred to the regime with which Franklin Roosevelt felt comfortable confederating the United States, the Russian communists:

c. Vsevolod Meyerhold... was a Russian and Soviettheatre director,actorandtheatrical producer.... In the early 1930s, when Joseph Stalin repressed all avant-garde art and experimentation, his works were proclaimed antagonistic and alien to the Soviet people. His theatre was closed down ... Meyerhold was brutally tortured[5]and forced to confess that he worked for Japanese and British intelligence agencies. He later recanted the confession in a letter to Vyacheslav Molotov.

The file on Meyerhold contains his letter from prison to Molotov:

The investigators began to use force on me, a sick 65-year-old man. I was made to lie face down and beaten on the soles of my feet and my spine with a rubber strap... For the next few days, when those parts of my legs were covered with extensive internal hemorrhaging, they again beat the red-blue-and-yellow bruises with the strap and the pain was so intense that it felt as if boiling water was being poured on these sensitive areas. I howled and wept from the pain…

When I lay down on the cot and fell asleep, after 18 hours of interrogation, in order to go back in an hour's time for more, I was woken up by my own groaning and because I was jerking about like a patient in the last stages of typhoid fever.[6]

He was sentenced to death by firing squadon 1 February 1940, and executed the next day. The Soviet government cleared him of all charges in 1955, during the first wave of de-Stalinization." Vsevolod Meyerhold - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

" Three weeks later, thugs acting on orders of Stalin's secret police broke into Meyerhold's Moscow apartment and savagely attacked [his wife] Raikh; she died of 17 stab wounds, two of them through her eyes.." Zinaida Raikh 1894 - 1939 - Find A Grave Memorial

The above starkly illustrates the governance of Joseph Stalin, the man Franklin Roosevelt called 'Uncle Joe,' and for whom he lied to the American people: "Stalin fights for the same things as America does!"

Roosevelt swore to the American public that the Bolsheviks fought for the same things as America did.

Amazing.

Can you help her?

I simply nailed you with a quote that correctly identified your obfuscation.

The fact that Ann Coulter stupidly and wrongly thinks that people agreeing on the definitions of the terms in discussion is some fallacious evil liberal scheme isn't correct about anything.

The obfuscation here is yours.

"Cheap flights to Venezuela
The top flight destination for Venezuela is Caracas"
5 Cheap Flights to Venezuela from 473 - TripAdvisor

Be sure to drop a postcard once you get settled in, y'hear!

Why would I go to Venezuela? My credit union and electric cooperative are just down the road.

Can you help her?

No she wasn't. She simply chose not to play your silly semantic game and there's nothing wrong with your choosing to be part of a credit union (but there's plenty wrong with gov't collectivization). Big diff.

No. She wouldn't post her definition of collective because she doesn't know what it means.

So what is an example of government collectivism in the US? Social Security?

Forum List

Back