ASSAD: Forget Chemicals, We Have Other Weapons That Could 'Blindside' Israel

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Clearly the conflict with Israel is not just a Palestinian/Israeli issue...That is why peace must be signed with the Arab League and the Palestinians to have any chance of long-term success.

Read more: ASSAD: We Could 'Blindside' Israel - Business Insider

Military & Defense More: Syria

Michael Kelley 46 minutes ago 910 2

inShare.3

 Email
 More

Bashar Assad
REUTERS/SANA/Handout

See Also

Why Syria Peace Talks Can't Even Start For The Foreseeable Future

Russia's Evidence For Syrian Rebels Using Chemical Weapons Last Month Is Based On Internet Conspiracy Theories

The 12 Weapons Causing Most Of The Destruction In Syria

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad claimed Syria has weapons more sophisticated than chemical weapons that could "blindside Israel," The Times of Israel reports.

“Originally, we produced chemical weapons in the 1980s as a deterrent to Israel’s nuclear capabilities,” Assad told the Hezbollah-affiliated, Lebanon-based Al-Akhbar newspaper.

"Today, we have weapons that are far more important and sophisticated and that can blindside Israel in the blink of an eye.”

Assad brushed off chemical disarmament, saying that the process will "cost large sums of money and take years of hard work" and "it would best if these weapons were just taken from us."

He claimed that the West went after his stockpile "to break the balance of power in the Middle East and ensure Israel's security," but the regime "turned the tables, and put the ball in their court. They were all embarrassed in light of public opinion in the United States and Europe."

Assad has acknowledged that U.S. could still attack Syria but said that staunch ally Russia has his back.

“We have a full Russian pledges that Russian troops will enter in any war waged against Syria,” he was quoted as saying according to The Times of Israel.

SEE ALSO: The 3 Reasons Russia Backs Assad So Staunchly»

 Share




inShare.3

 Email
 More

Bashar Assad
REUTERS/SANA/Handout

See Also

Russia's Evidence For Syrian Rebels Using Chemical Weapons Last Month Is Based On Internet Conspiracy Theories

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad claimed Syria has weapons more sophisticated than chemical weapons that could "blindside Israel," The Times of Israel reports.

“Originally, we produced chemical weapons in the 1980s as a deterrent to Israel’s nuclear capabilities,” Assad told the Hezbollah-affiliated, Lebanon-based Al-Akhbar newspaper.

"Today, we have weapons that are far more important and sophisticated and that can blindside Israel in the blink of an eye.”

Assad brushed off chemical disarmament, saying that the process will "cost large sums of money and take years of hard work" and "it would best if these weapons were just taken from us."

He claimed that the West went after his stockpile "to break the balance of power in the Middle East and ensure Israel's security," but the regime "turned the tables, and put the ball in their court. They were all embarrassed in light of public opinion in the United States and Europe."

Assad has acknowledged that U.S. could still attack Syria but said that staunch ally Russia has his back.

“We have a full Russian pledges that Russian troops will enter in any war waged against Syria,” he was quoted as saying according to The Times of Israel.

 Share




inShare.3

 Email
 More

Bashar Assad
REUTERS/SANA/Handout

See Also

 Share








Typical barking by Arab leaders.
All I read was blah blah blah blah.

Assad isn't stupid, he knows any attack on Israel would mean the end of his regime.

Assad isn't stupid, he knows any attack on Israel would mean the end of his regime.

I totally agree with your assessment...the real question is: If Israel can withstand an attack by all the nut case regimes in the not so near future if a regional war starts in a war of rocketry, especially when they believe Allah will sort things out for them...

Last edited:

I totally agree with your assessment...the real question is: If Israel can withstand an attack by all the nut case regimes in the not so near future if a regional war starts in a war of rocketry, especially when they believe Allah will sort things out for them?

Sorry, but I didn't really understand your question. Can you re-word it please ?

I totally agree with your assessment...the real question is: If Israel can withstand an attack by all the nut case regimes in the not so near future if a regional war starts in a war of rocketry, especially when they believe Allah will sort things out for them?

Sorry, but I didn't really understand your question. Can you re-word it please ?
Sorry, that should have been a period instead of a question mark...I edited and fixed it.

Last edited:

Sorry, that should have bee a period instead of a question mark...I edited and fixed it.

Ah, gotcha..

Well, I always have faith in Israel's ability to defend herself. I just hope that it doesn't get to the point of full out war. I'm getting tired of hearing about so much death in the ME.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzmNC0LSb4g]Syrian President Bashar Al Assad Interview On Fox News Full] [HD] September 18, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Hello Mr Tin to what do we owe this honor?
Fellow cyber friends----tell me the truth----does ASSAD not remind you
of ODO the shape shifter friend of captain kirk???

Tinmore, you and I and the world knows that Israel doesn't bluff and if Assad doesn't get rid of his WMDs publicly, he's going to attract some Whupass. The same as Iran's nuke sites that Israel is going to destroy if Iran doesn't get off the pot. What's your assessment and don't forget, Israel won't back off because of Russia? All this smoke and mirrors, Taqiyyah and Turnspeak has had it's day.

I am a bit confused by this Israeli article in the OP.

What are the other weapons Israelis allege Assad has?

I guess this is all about beating those drums for war.

Why should we expect anything else from Israel?

Last edited:
Hello Mr Tin to what do we owe this honor?
Fellow cyber friends----tell me the truth----does ASSAD not remind you
of ODO the shape shifter friend of captain kirk???

ODO was a lot prettier - not to mention he was a real mensch. Baby Butcher Assad is anything but.

We???

What you mean 'we', Head-up-Ass?

Come on, NaziGirl - can't you do even a little bit of thinking on your own?

Israel does not WANT war with Syria. Israel does not NEED war with Syria. The civil war in Syria is keeping Assad busy and off Israel's back - and if the Russians don't give Assad a lot of money, it's going to keep Syria busy economically for years.

Israel has absolutely no reason to get involved. Which is too bad for the ordinary Syrian people.

We???

Israel does not WANT war with Syria. Israel does not NEED war with Syria. The civil war in Syria is keeping Assad busy and off Israel's back - and if the Russians don't give Assad a lot of money, it's going to keep Syria busy economically for years.

Israel has absolutely no reason to get involved. Which is too bad for the ordinary Syrian people.

We Americans, and if you cannot relate to that it is because your loyalties perhaps lie elsewhere.

We Americans just watched Israel try to push the US into a war with Syria, and they failed because the American people did not support it.

Keep calling me names, what it does is say everything about you and nothing about me.

I am not sinking to your level, I am content to watch you roll in the mud.

We???

We Americans, and if you cannot relate to that it is because your loyalties perhaps lie elsewhere.

We Americans just watched Israel try to push the US into a war with Syria, and they failed because the American people did not support it.

Keep calling me names, what it does is say everything about you and nothing about me.

She is not calling you names, she is just accurately describing you.
It's not her fault the truth hurts...

BTW, your post is extremely idiotic (as usual) and very unoriginal. Could you provide some proof that Israel is pushing America for war?? r

Thank you for sharing that interview, P.F.Tinmore. I appreciate getting to see it.

My prayer is that regimes will stop using chemicals to kill people. It's no different than someone putting antifreeze in their spouse's coffee until death occurs. It's just not a fair way to kill, and it takes all--children, and people who could not in any way take up weapons against anyone else.

Chemicals kill everyone in the vicinity. Using it in neighborhoods or ghettos is just wrong.

We???

LOL! You've made snide sly suggestions before that Jews aren't 'real' Americans: it's a classic anti-Semitic canard that you and others rely on. YOU don't define 'American' views. I know you'd like to - but no one of us gets to do so, nor any one group.

I question your loyalty to America - especially after you've bitterly slammed 'nationalism' as a major factor in the world's woes, and constantly called our military 'murderers for hire' and worse.

Israel hasn't tried to push the US into a war, and so what if they had? What, no country ever tried to get its allies to do something? We've (the US) got no reason to do what anyone else wants, ever, if it's against our own best interests.

After the hateful things you've said to other posters here - including accusing me of killing my own child! - it's ludicrous to see you whine about anything I've posted..

"Sink" to my level??? HAHAHAHAHAHA - that's rich! If I roll around in good old-fashioned dirt - then you are busy shoveling maggoty pigshit into your piehole and smearing it all over yourself. GOD knows you've tried to throw enough at other posters here.......

Thanks for the chuckle, liar and hypocrite : )) You go on pretending that you're oh-so-moral, and that you don't hate........LOL!

Toasty: if the l'il sherriKKKis imagines something, she fantasizes that it's real... She 'thought' I'd had an abortion because she imagined I would consider that acceptable - so she accused me of 'killing your own baby'.

And of course after I informed her that I'd been referring to a miscarriage (who would say "we LOST our baby" if they'd gotten an abortion????? And that had been the phrase I used) - the filthy liar remained convinced that there was nothing for her to apologize about.

Her behavior to not just myself but many other 'zionists' on this board has convinced me that she doesn't really consider us human beings...... she's certainly not been treating us as if she did believe we were fully human.

Forum List

Back