Assaulted by Racist Karen Mom and Son duo for working while black

What random person asked you for your ID?
All kinds of people, sometime employees, sometimes residents, sometimes homeowners. When you work on private property it's fairly common. In this day and age, it should be very common. If people had done it in the World Trade Center, the Blind Sheikh's people probably wouldn't have been able to plant their bomb.

How did he know she lives there? What law says he has to show her his ID?
I don't know in Tennessee, but in California employees of companies regulated by the government at any level are required to produce IDs on request. Towing companies are regulated by government in many cities.

Last edited:
He knew he DIDNT live there

And he knew all he had to do is give her the telephone # of his boss

The black guy was totally unreasonable
Did they hire him to work there?

Did they work for Bldg Mgmt?

Was either one of them security?

No he didn't have to talk to them or give them anyone's number.

She was doing her job.
She worked for Bldg Mgmt?
Then go home and call the Bldg Mgmt or the police and tell them what your concerns are.
he was a stranger acting oddly.
How was he acting oddly? I am pretty damn sure he wasn't the first person in that garage checking to see if folks were parked legally.
Most people in parking garages leave their cars and go to the stairs/elevators or vice versa. They don't walk around looking at cars. He had no business reacting so aggressively to a simple question.
Had that man been white, she wouldn't have asked him a damn thing. Had he pulled out a gun and shot her son would he have been justified in his actions?

The trump Nazis were liberated from polite society by the constant hate speech spewed by their cheeto-in-chief. Soon after he opened his first presidential campaign in 2015, his legions of supporters began to feel free to express their racism and bigotry whenever presented the opportunity.

The trump Nazis' verbal attacks on Asian-Americans exploded after their cheeto-in-chief blamed China for COVID-19 coronavirus. These verbal attacks usually escalated to physical assault by the trump Nazis.

African-Americans are often the victims of trump Nazi violence. Sadly, these assaults are frequently deadly, especially those initiated by trump Nazis wearing badges.

Your racism is showing.

Whatelse was he doing? You want to make him doing something other than his job.

If Karen would have minded her business and left him to minding his we wouldn't be discussing this. Why do you think black folks have to follow orders from you?
Your racism is showing.

He didn't want or need to tell them who he worked for.
...and that sort of antisocial behavior is precisely why your community isnt trusted. You should change that attitude if you ever want to see black people thrive.

TRANSLATION: He didn't need to show any common sense, or any common courtesy.
Translation: You think because he is black that any white person that walks up and starts questioning him he should just comply with their demands.

When you approach folks in a aggressive and arrogant manner, how the hell do you think they are going to react.

...and that sort of antisocial behavior is precisely why your community isnt trusted. You should change that attitude if you ever want to see black people thrive.
The problem is not black folks attitudes, it is the attitude of whites like you that think you are superior to black folks and you should be able to talk and act anyway you want to and we should just adhere to it.

It reminds me of when I was a kid growing up in the Jim Crow South.

Translation: You think because he is black that any white person that walks up and starts questioning him he should just comply with their demands.

When you approach folks in a aggressive and arrogant manner, how the hell do you think they are going to react.

This has nothing to do with him being black, but I know your fragility will take you there.

The problem is not black folks attitudes, it is the attitude of whites like you that think you are superior to black folks and you should be able to talk and act anyway you want to and we should just adhere to it.

The Jim Crow days are over. Its time to start behaving like normal people..

Your racism is showing.

Forum List

Back