Atheism's big LIE

The true liars are the religious who pretend to believe in God but secretly have reservations

They attend services and say all the right words because they don’t want to admit to family and their community that they really don’t believe all they are being told.
Why do you think doubts and reservations are not discussed among family and friends? Even Bible study groups discuss doubts and reservations and other possibilities on some accounts and issues.

The Christian Way of Life makes sense. This can be lived even if one does have doubts about miracles, about some stories, or even about God.
One does not need to worship any gods in order to live a life that "makes sense".
The act of worship is giving thanks to the gift giver by showing one's appreciation for the talent he was given by using that talent.

So... yeah, one kinda does need to worship God to show God that appreciation to live a life that makes sense.
I disagree.

one can be thankful without worshiping any gods.

My life is not a gift given by some god it is a cosmic accident that could just as easily not have happened. That however in no way means I am not glad to be alive and I certainly don't owe anything to any gods.
Not in the manner I described.

The act of worship is giving thanks to the gift giver by showing one's appreciation for the talent he was given by using that talent.

And the "gift giver" is who exactly?
God. He created existence. You are sharing in His existence.
That's your theory not mine.
Yes, which is why you can't GET the same benefit as I can.

So you believe in gods for the benefits you get?

I don't need to worship gods to get what I want out of life.
I don't believe in gods.
A god, gods all the same
Not to Abraham and not to me it isn't. ;)

It is like having a club and being obsessed by those who don’t want to join
No, it is more like those in the "other" club getting things wrong about one's own club. You are quite welcome to your own club, but no one likes people in Club A getting important things wrong about Club B. And vice-versa.

The true liars are the religious who pretend to believe in God but secretly have reservations

They attend services and say all the right words because they don’t want to admit to family and their community that they really don’t believe all they are being told.
Why do you think doubts and reservations are not discussed among family and friends? Even Bible study groups discuss doubts and reservations and other possibilities on some accounts and issues.

The Christian Way of Life makes sense. This can be lived even if one does have doubts about miracles, about some stories, or even about God.
One does not need to worship any gods in order to live a life that "makes sense".

So... yeah, one kinda does need to worship God to show God that appreciation to live a life that makes sense.
I disagree.

My life is not a gift given by some god it is a cosmic accident that could just as easily not have happened. That however in no way means I am not glad to be alive and I certainly don't owe anything to any gods.

Yes, which is why you can't the same benefit as I can.
Do you maybe want to write a complete sentence?
No. :)

Why am I not surprised?
Because you think you know everything?
I know that what you wrote was an incomplete sentence and therefore meaningless.
Because you couldn't figure it out?
Because I don't read minds. But hey you can throw out word salad all you want
Sorry to have confused you so much.
that you cannot write complete sentences is not a sign of my confusion
That you think nitpicking is a winning argument is. ;)

Yep. I was under the impression this is a discussion board. I never expected that everyone would agree with everything I write. To enter a board such as this and allow your feelings to be hurt by a differing opinion suggests you might want to reconsider participating.
It should not that be that difficult to distinguish between "hurt feelings" and genuine curiosity. Recall the question is why people who do not pursue an interest post in forum for those who are interested in that pursuit. People who do not care for gardening, astronomy, or sewing do not enter these forums to discuss how much they dislike gardening, astronomy, sewing. So why do people who do not care for religion come into religions forums/thread to discuss how much they dislike religion?

No hurt feelings here, just curiosity. Interesting though that you see hurt feelings. Are we hurting your feelings? (Again, honest question.)

Yep. I was under the impression this is a discussion board. I never expected that everyone would agree with everything I write. To enter a board such as this and allow your feelings to be hurt by a differing opinion suggests you might want to reconsider participating.
It should not that be that difficult to distinguish between "hurt feelings" and genuine curiosity. Recall the question is why people who do not pursue an interest post in forum for those who are interested in that pursuit. People who do not care for gardening, astronomy, or sewing do not enter these forums to discuss how much they dislike gardening, astronomy, sewing. So why do people who do not care for religion come into religions forums/thread to discuss how much they dislike religion?

No hurt feelings here, just curiosity. Interesting though that you see hurt feelings. Are we hurting your feelings? (Again, honest question.)
gee Meri------that's how the art of "CONTENTION" works. Do you wonder why
Jehovah witness ladies keep knocking on the doors of persons of "other" religions.
Sorry----but it is a fact that atheism is a BELIEF -----and as you KNOW people want
to SPREAD'em

No, it is more like those in the "other" club getting things wrong about one's own club. You are quite welcome to your own club, but no one likes people in Club A getting important things wrong about Club B. And vice-versa.
No...we don’t have an Atheist club with meetings and secret handshakes.

We just look at the religious clubs out there and don’t want to join

No...we don’t have an Atheist club with meetings and secret handshakes.

We just look at the religious clubs out there and don’t want to join
If you were being absolutely honest, you would admit that you don't want others to join "religious clubs" and proselytize the message that they shouldn't join "religious clubs" and if they are in "religious clubs" they should quit them.

I disagree.

Yes, which is why you can't GET the same benefit as I can.

So you believe in gods for the benefits you get?

I don't need to worship gods to get what I want out of life.
I don't believe in gods.
A god, gods all the same
Not to Abraham and not to me it isn't. ;)
Once again your theory not mine.

I disagree.

Yes, which is why you can't the same benefit as I can.
Do you maybe want to write a complete sentence?
No. :)

Why am I not surprised?
Because you think you know everything?
I know that what you wrote was an incomplete sentence and therefore meaningless.
Because you couldn't figure it out?
Because I don't read minds. But hey you can throw out word salad all you want
Sorry to have confused you so much.
that you cannot write complete sentences is not a sign of my confusion
That you think nitpicking is a winning argument is. ;)

No I don't.

If you can't write a coherent sentence that actually expresses a complete thought then there can be no argument

If you were being absolutely honest, you would admit that you don't want others to join "religious clubs" and proselytize the message that they shouldn't join "religious clubs" and if they are in "religious clubs" they should quit them.

I have never had an atheist knock on my door and try to convince me to convert to atheist.

In fact, most people just assume I am Christian. I don’t usually say I am atheist unless really pressed

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

Jehovah witness ladies keep knocking on the doors of persons of "other" religions.
Sorry----but it is a fact that atheism is a BELIEF -----and as you KNOW people want
to SPREAD'em
Which is why when atheists deny that they are trying to spread their beliefs they subconsciously reveal that they believe that trying to spread their belief is inherently wrong. JW's don't deny what they are doing because they believe in what they are doing and believe it is right to try to spread their belief.

I have never had an atheist knock on my door and try to convince me to convert to atheist.

In fact, most people just assume I am Christian. I don’t usually say I am atheist unless really pressed
You do it practically every day here virtually.

You do it practically every day here virtually.
Virtually?

I have never started a thread on the virtues of atheism

to SPREAD'em
Are you suggesting that some atheists wish to be contentious? Hmmm. This could mean they enjoy a good fight; that they want to satisfy themselves that their atheism is unassailable.

The atheists around me have always insisted it is a lack of belief they hold, not a belief, but people can see things differently. That they want to spread atheism is a new thought as well.

What is to be curious about?
We have just heard your religious claims and don’t believe them
Grin. You missed my first post on this. It is I who am curious as to why people who do not pursue an interest/belief (i.e. religion) spend time in Religion Forums. It makes sense that those who do not believe do not show up at Church, Temple, Synagogue. What doesn't make sense (to me) is that they show up in Religion Forums. What is the draw?

Forum List

Back