Atheism's big LIE

What is to be curious about?
We have just heard your religious claims and don’t believe them
Grin. You missed my first post on this. It is I who am curious as to why people who do not pursue an interest/belief (i.e. religion) spend time in Religion Forums. It makes sense that those who do not believe do not show up at Church, Temple, Synagogue. What doesn't make sense (to me) is that they show up in Religion Forums. What is the draw?
Religion is an interesting topic and sometimes can spur some interesting debates.

IMO religion is just another branch of philosophy so I'll chime in on the subject because I like philosophy.

gee Meri------that's how the art of "CONTENTION" works. Do you wonder why
Jehovah witness ladies keep knocking on the doors of persons of "other" religions.
Sorry----but it is a fact that atheism is a BELIEF -----and as you KNOW people want
to SPREAD'em
Are you suggesting that some atheists wish to be contentious? Hmmm. This could mean they enjoy a good fight; that they want to satisfy themselves that their atheism is unassailable.

The atheists around me have always insisted it is a lack of belief they hold, not a belief, but people can see things differently. That they want to spread atheism is a new thought as well.
not at all NEW, Meri-----there have actually been something like "ATHEISM" lobbies.
Ok----so its an odd sort social venture----but it does exist and has existed for a long
time. Those who impose religious propaganda on the unwilling should TAKE A LESSON

You started the thread
I have never started one and rarely have seen an atheist start a thread attacking Christians.
I do respond to the repeated attacks by Christians.
No, I didn't start this thread. My threads are "Ask a Catholic" and I forget the other one, but it was also about religion. I am not much of a thread starter.

Yep. I was under the impression this is a discussion board. I never expected that everyone would agree with everything I write. To enter a board such as this and allow your feelings to be hurt by a differing opinion suggests you might want to reconsider participating.
It should not that be that difficult to distinguish between "hurt feelings" and genuine curiosity. Recall the question is why people who do not pursue an interest post in forum for those who are interested in that pursuit. People who do not care for gardening, astronomy, or sewing do not enter these forums to discuss how much they dislike gardening, astronomy, sewing. So why do people who do not care for religion come into religions forums/thread to discuss how much they dislike religion?

No hurt feelings here, just curiosity. Interesting though that you see hurt feelings. Are we hurting your feelings? (Again, honest question.)
Jehovah witness ladies keep knocking on the doors of persons of "other" religions.
Sorry----but it is a fact that atheism is a BELIEF -----and as you KNOW people want
to SPREAD'em
Which is why when atheists deny that they are trying to spread their beliefs they subconsciously reveal that they believe that trying to spread their belief is inherently wrong. JW's don't deny what they are doing because they believe in what they are doing and believe it is right to try to spread their belief.
OH-----I never ran into any atheist activist who wanted to DENY HIS MISSION. Usually
they point out the violence and injustice FOSTERED by religions-----and such creeps
as CROMWELL

IMO religion is just another branch of philosophy so I'll chime in on the subject because I like philosophy.
Religion IS a branch of philosophy which is why I enjoy religion! A great answer to my question the best. Thank you.

It actually is difficult to see. I don’t see any “Religionism’s Big Lie”, threads.
Ah. Then all the posts insisting that people who believe/experience God are delusional have escaped notice. What about all the ones demanding physical proof of what is spiritual? Since people do not demand "proof" of truth, it seems that people are being accused of spreading lies whenever they speak of God.
I think you're taking offense at being held to a standard that religionists hold science to, one of supporting your argument.

Of all the various, competing religions and the various believers of those religions claiming "experiences" with various gods, assuming they're all true assumes lots and lots of gods are "real" and extant.

What if you have been given the wrong gods?

Yep. I was under the impression this is a discussion board. I never expected that everyone would agree with everything I write. To enter a board such as this and allow your feelings to be hurt by a differing opinion suggests you might want to reconsider participating.
It should not that be that difficult to distinguish between "hurt feelings" and genuine curiosity. Recall the question is why people who do not pursue an interest post in forum for those who are interested in that pursuit. People who do not care for gardening, astronomy, or sewing do not enter these forums to discuss how much they dislike gardening, astronomy, sewing. So why do people who do not care for religion come into religions forums/thread to discuss how much they dislike religion?

No hurt feelings here, just curiosity. Interesting though that you see hurt feelings. Are we hurting your feelings? (Again, honest question.)
to SPREAD'em
Which is why when atheists deny that they are trying to spread their beliefs they subconsciously reveal that they believe that trying to spread their belief is inherently wrong. JW's don't deny what they are doing because they believe in what they are doing and believe it is right to try to spread their belief.
OH-----I never ran into any atheist activist who wanted to DENY HIS MISSION. Usually
they point out the violence and injustice FOSTERED by religions-----and such creeps
as CROMWELL
And yet they usually stop short of saying that they want to abolish and ban religion but continue to proselytize their belief that religion is harmful. That seems rather disingenuous.

not at all NEW, Meri-----there have actually been something like "ATHEISM" lobbies.
Ok----so its an odd sort social venture----but it does exist and has existed for a long
time. Those who impose religious propaganda on the unwilling should TAKE A LESSON
More like math than propaganda. Sometimes people get it wrong. (Religion, not atheism)

If you were being absolutely honest, you would admit that you don't want others to join "religious clubs" and proselytize the message that they shouldn't join "religious clubs" and if they are in "religious clubs" they should quit them.

I have never had an atheist knock on my door and try to convince me to convert to atheist.

In fact, most people just assume I am Christian. I don’t usually say I am atheist unless really pressed
You do it practically every day here virtually.
Virtually?

I have never started a thread on the virtues of atheism
Online. In a discussion forum. Virtually. As in, not physically.

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL
And yet they usually stop short of saying that they want to abolish and ban religion but continue to proselytize their belief that religion is harmful. That seems rather disingenuous.
No one wants to ban religion.

It's the source of too much entertainment

Why would you be hurting my feelings? It seems the hurt feelings are expressed by the believers who rail against any critique of claims to the supernatural.

What is to be curious about?
We have just heard your religious claims and don’t believe them
Grin. You missed my first post on this. It is I who am curious as to why people who do not pursue an interest/belief (i.e. religion) spend time in Religion Forums. It makes sense that those who do not believe do not show up at Church, Temple, Synagogue. What doesn't make sense (to me) is that they show up in Religion Forums. What is the draw?
I stay out of religious forums, I find them tedious.
But I will respond to frequent attacks on atheists

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

You will have to pardon me for disagreeing that those words do not match the rhetoric I read in these forums.

I think you're taking offense
And this is wrong. I don't take offense. 99.9% of the time I am sitting here, a big smile on my face because I enjoy considering the ideas going back and forth. Therefore, if you see offense, it is coming from you, not me.

My suggestion is not to tell people what they are thinking, saying, doing...instead concentrate on your own message, your own thoughts. I've yet to meet a good mind reader, so I am convinced they do not exist.

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

You will have to pardon me for disagreeing that those words do not match the rhetoric I read in these forums.
I suppose you can't quote anyone actually saying they want to ban religion right?

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

I suppose you can't quote anyone actually saying they want to ban religion right?
Some have been brave enough to do so. The rest that vehemently proselytize against religious beliefs are too cowardly to do so.

Forum List

Back