Atheism's big LIE

The true liars are the religious who pretend to believe in God but secretly have reservations

They attend services and say all the right words because they don’t want to admit to family and their community that they really don’t believe all they are being told.
Why do you think doubts and reservations are not discussed among family and friends? Even Bible study groups discuss doubts and reservations and other possibilities on some accounts and issues.

The Christian Way of Life makes sense. This can be lived even if one does have doubts about miracles, about some stories, or even about God.
One does not need to worship any gods in order to live a life that "makes sense".
The act of worship is giving thanks to the gift giver by showing one's appreciation for the talent he was given by using that talent.

So... yeah, one kinda does need to worship God to show God that appreciation to live a life that makes sense.
I disagree.

one can be thankful without worshiping any gods.

My life is not a gift given by some god it is a cosmic accident that could just as easily not have happened. That however in no way means I am not glad to be alive and I certainly don't owe anything to any gods.
Not in the manner I described.

The act of worship is giving thanks to the gift giver by showing one's appreciation for the talent he was given by using that talent.

And the "gift giver" is who exactly?
God. He created existence. You are sharing in His existence.
That's your theory not mine.
Yes, which is why you can't the same benefit as I can.
Do you maybe want to write a complete sentence?
No. :)

Why am I not surprised?
Because you think you know everything?
I know that what you wrote was an incomplete sentence and therefore meaningless.
Because you couldn't figure it out?
Because I don't read minds. But hey you can throw out word salad all you want
Sorry to have confused you so much.
that you cannot write complete sentences is not a sign of my confusion
That you think nitpicking is a winning argument is. ;)

No I don't.

If you can't write a coherent sentence that actually expresses a complete thought then there can be no argument
Your continued participation says otherwise.

No I'm just reminding you that words mean things. Something you often tend to forget.

There can be no argument when all you can provide is nonsensical word salad
I left out the word "get." I'm almost certain you figured that out all on your own. That you continue to make it more than it is is your mistake to make.

Unlike you I do not assume to know the minds of other people.

All I know of your thought process is what you write in your posts.
I seriously doubt that you did not realize the word that was left out was "get."

Yep. I was under the impression this is a discussion board. I never expected that everyone would agree with everything I write. To enter a board such as this and allow your feelings to be hurt by a differing opinion suggests you might want to reconsider participating.
It should not that be that difficult to distinguish between "hurt feelings" and genuine curiosity. Recall the question is why people who do not pursue an interest post in forum for those who are interested in that pursuit. People who do not care for gardening, astronomy, or sewing do not enter these forums to discuss how much they dislike gardening, astronomy, sewing. So why do people who do not care for religion come into religions forums/thread to discuss how much they dislike religion?

No hurt feelings here, just curiosity. Interesting though that you see hurt feelings. Are we hurting your feelings? (Again, honest question.)
gee Meri------that's how the art of "CONTENTION" works. Do you wonder why
Jehovah witness ladies keep knocking on the doors of persons of "other" religions.
Sorry----but it is a fact that atheism is a BELIEF -----and as you KNOW people want
to SPREAD'em
Which is why when atheists deny that they are trying to spread their beliefs they subconsciously reveal that they believe that trying to spread their belief is inherently wrong. JW's don't deny what they are doing because they believe in what they are doing and believe it is right to try to spread their belief.
OH-----I never ran into any atheist activist who wanted to DENY HIS MISSION. Usually
they point out the violence and injustice FOSTERED by religions-----and such creeps
as CROMWELL
And yet they usually stop short of saying that they want to abolish and ban religion but continue to proselytize their belief that religion is harmful. That seems rather disingenuous.
yes---they tout THEIR OWN BELIEF ----how is that different from the christian and islamic
modes of proselytizing which insist "other religions are just NOT RIGHT"
The difference for Christians is that we don't deny doing it and were instructed to do so by Jesus Christ.

So... the difference is one of conviction.
oh------that makes it ok----YOUR special deity told you to
Yes. And it seems to have worked as Western Civilization flourished until such time as we forgot God.
oh----is that what happened-----you got all of western civilization NAILED including its
many genocides -------and even the BUBONIC PLAGUE ----uhm tuberculosis epidemics,
poliomyelitic epidemics ----wars

Yep. I was under the impression this is a discussion board. I never expected that everyone would agree with everything I write. To enter a board such as this and allow your feelings to be hurt by a differing opinion suggests you might want to reconsider participating.
It should not that be that difficult to distinguish between "hurt feelings" and genuine curiosity. Recall the question is why people who do not pursue an interest post in forum for those who are interested in that pursuit. People who do not care for gardening, astronomy, or sewing do not enter these forums to discuss how much they dislike gardening, astronomy, sewing. So why do people who do not care for religion come into religions forums/thread to discuss how much they dislike religion?

No hurt feelings here, just curiosity. Interesting though that you see hurt feelings. Are we hurting your feelings? (Again, honest question.)
Jehovah witness ladies keep knocking on the doors of persons of "other" religions.
Sorry----but it is a fact that atheism is a BELIEF -----and as you KNOW people want
to SPREAD'em
Which is why when atheists deny that they are trying to spread their beliefs they subconsciously reveal that they believe that trying to spread their belief is inherently wrong. JW's don't deny what they are doing because they believe in what they are doing and believe it is right to try to spread their belief.
OH-----I never ran into any atheist activist who wanted to DENY HIS MISSION. Usually
they point out the violence and injustice FOSTERED by religions-----and such creeps
as CROMWELL
And yet they usually stop short of saying that they want to abolish and ban religion but continue to proselytize their belief that religion is harmful. That seems rather disingenuous.
yes---they tout THEIR OWN BELIEF ----how is that different from the christian and islamic
The difference for Christians is that we don't deny doing it and were instructed to do so by Jesus Christ.

Yes. And it seems to have worked as Western Civilization flourished until such time as we forgot God.
oh----is that what happened-----you got all of western civilization NAILED including its
many genocides -------and even the BUBONIC PLAGUE ----uhm tuberculosis epidemics,
Yep. Gods ways are inscrutable.

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

Odd that the Egyptian civilization, Maya, Indian, etc., managed to flourish absent the Christian gods.

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

do some more SCRUTING before you impose yourself. Did you know
that it is theorized that the BUBONIC PLAGUE in europe was introduced
by the crusaders?

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

by the crusaders?
Fascinating. Like I said, Gods ways are inscrutable. Or isn't that a Jewish belief?

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

Odd that the Egyptian civilization, Maya, Indian, etc., managed to flourish absent the Christian gods.
so true-------as did the ROMAN -----then the REAL CATACLYSM------constantine.
I believe that the romans were on the CUSP of turning decent

No matter how many times you say "one god", that is an inconsequential (well, perhaps an insulting), opinion to believers of past and current competing gods. It is pure arrogance to insist, wholly without support, that "one god" is in any way accurate. Especially so since the Christian gods are triune, supposedly.
That's an interesting position--that to have a different opinion is to be insulting. Your opinion is different from mine. Are you insulting me? I have Hindu friends, Jewish friends, atheist as well. None of us have ever considered the position each of us take about God as insulting anyone else. It is simply our position.

What is interesting about you, Hollie, is that you do not believe in God, but take a tact of throwing another belief (of which you do not believe, either) at someone of a differing belief. We of differing beliefs do not do that. Why do you? Are you of the mind that no one else but you are aware of the positions others take?

I actually defend these other positions--if they are under attack. I understand why they take the positions they do. I understand why I take the position I do, and most of the time you will find me expounding on my position and leave it to others to expound on their own. They are better at it. If you are speaking to me, you are speaking to someone whose position is one God. Your position is one of no God. Why not proceed from there?

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

by the crusaders?
Fascinating. Like I said, Gods ways are inscrutable. Or isn't that a Jewish belief?

not really------the work of man is to SCRUTE THEM AND ASSIST ----the concept
is TIKKUN OLAM

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

We must have a different opinion of what flourished means.

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

by the crusaders?

is TIKKUN OLAM
Look among the nations, and see; wonder and be astounded. For I am doing a work in your days that you would not believe if told.

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

good point, Dingy-------in the writings of the PERI-CHRISTIAN era---jewish scholars,
grappling with the reality of the Roman cataclysm were big on contrasting
decent civilizations from POWERFUL AND WEALTHY ones. Roman culture-----well
------ugh

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

good point, Dingy-------in the writings of the PERI-CHRISTIAN era---jewish scholars,
------ugh
As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

by the crusaders?

is TIKKUN OLAM
Look among the nations, and see; wonder and be astounded. For I am doing a work in your days that you would not believe if told.
you are? can you try to fix that up a bit?

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

------ugh
As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.
now you are really babbling-------did you invent lemons too?

to SPREAD'em
as CROMWELL

by the crusaders?

is TIKKUN OLAM
you are? can you try to fix that up a bit?
It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out.

Forum List

Back