Atheist

Once again, a true believer displaying the Fruits of the Spirit.
Peace, love, joy, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.

Can you feel the love tonight?

I hate when cover bands change the lyrics. If you're going to sing the song, sing it as written. The original in German was so much better.

Jews are sub-human vermin, worse than Slavic crowd. They'd exterminate Germans given the chance

Not following this post at all.

Replace the words Atheist, LGBT, Christians with Jews, Slavs, and Germans and the sentence fits right in at the Nuremburg rallies.

Namely the idea that Atheists are simply anti-Jesus and that destroying Christianity is the goal and that claiming God doesn't exist is just some form of mental masturbation because we don't know for a fact one way or another.
Sure it is, read their words, don't take my word for it.
I'm not anti-religion. I think it's childish to believe in invisible friends as an adult, but I'm not going to tell you not to believe if it makes you happy. That said, I'm going to fight tooth and nail to make sure you don't ram your believe system down my throat via the law.
What belief system do I have?

Namely the idea that Atheists are simply anti-Jesus and that destroying Christianity is the goal and that claiming God doesn't exist is just some form of mental masturbation because we don't know for a fact one way or another.
Sure it is, read their words, don't take my word for it.
I'm not anti-religion. I think it's childish to believe in invisible friends as an adult, but I'm not going to tell you not to believe if it makes you happy. That said, I'm going to fight tooth and nail to make sure you don't ram your believe system down my throat via the law.
What belief system do I have?

For some atheists, it's all about being real life internet trolls, but not all atheists.

The second part wasn't directed at you personally and should probably read "their religion".

Atheists are sub-human vermin, worse than LGBT crowd. They'd exterminate Christians given the chance

Peace, love, joy, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.

Are you saying those are Christian values???? :eek:

And so judgmental too! :eusa_naughty:

You sure have that wrong.

Christians put alot of time and money into evangelizing. When they are not doing that, they are trying to force you to convert. When they are not doing that, they are killing folks that don't.

And when they are not doing that? They are claiming to be the victim.

Where did you find this fantasy?

Dark Ages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Crusades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spanish Inquisition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Charlemagne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oliver Cromwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On the Jews and Their Lies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pogrom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Christian views on slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Utah War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
CONVERSION TO CHRISTIANITY - JewishEncyclopedia.com
Reichskonkordat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUMkcBctE7c]The Inquisition - YouTube[/ame]

:clap:

Atheists are sub-human vermin, worse than LGBT crowd. They'd exterminate Christians given the chance

Are you saying those are Christian values???? :eek:

And so judgmental too! :eusa_naughty:

Not Christian values, but values Christians are held to, according to Paul.
Would you agree?

Atheist sure put a lot of time, money and effort in denouncing a God they claim doesn't exist.

Why is that?

Why does something that's believed to be nonsense get these people so worked up?

These people are the epitome of cowardice IMO. They seem to only go after Christians. I've yet to see them challenge the Muslims on their beliefs.

First of all, not all atheists are anti-God. Most are what would be popularly labeled as agnostics.

A better term would be non-believers. What these people try to do is to get people to make decisions that are based on logic, reason, analysis, evidence, fact, and humantiarian morals.

Example: anti-LGBT laws are not based on any of the above but on primarily religious grounds. There are bigotted nonbelievers who would also discriminate against LGBT people but discrimination is immoral in a humanitarian sense. By encoding into law a religious conviction or discrimination one is oppressing those who do not share the same religious conviction or prejudice.

That's one reason, most likely the main reason, why nonbelievers spend money on anti-religious billboards.

Christians put alot of time and money into evangelizing. When they are not doing that, they are trying to force you to convert. When they are not doing that, they are killing folks that don't.

Is there a reason why you write this in the present tense?

Last edited:
People who claim that there is a God are stupid.
People who claim that there is no God are stupid.
It's both stupid, nobody can't prove the existence or non-existence of God.

Here's the difference. People who say there is a God typically admit to having faith. People who say there is no God say so as a matter of scientific fact and ridicule those professing faith.

I know what the first commandment says and since atheist don't believe in God how does saying "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" force them to do anything?

No one has been forced to bow their heads and pray.

Again how is a religious display forcing people?

No one has ever been forced to accept Christ. No one has been forced to listen to Christian testimonials.

Our belief system requires us to spread the gospel of Jesus. I'm not a big fan of public prayer but it does me no harm.

How does any public display of Christianity harm you and why do you let it?

Hold your public prayers and religious displays in a Church

Easy isn't it?

I live in a free country where I can pray whenever and where ever I choose.

Why do you hate freedom?
Yes you can...but don't make others be forced to participate in school or in government. Love me some of that freedom to NOT pay for or participate in your religion.

Yes it does

Please, explain. What force is being exerted?

You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Sounds forceful to me

I already conceded (if you wanna call it that) that the commandments are, in fact, written in the form of commands, just like bumper stickers that say "Make Love, Not War".

I also didn't ask you if the commandments -sounded- forceful.

I asked you what force was being exerted? If you don't believe that God exists, then the vague threat isn't real, thus the force implied doesn't exist. If the force implied in the text doesn't exist, then what about the commandments being displayed prominently forces you to be Christian?

Anybody dragging you into Church?

Are there any actual, real-life penalties for not adhering to the ten commandments that wouldn't otherwise exist except that they're on display?

I guess what I'm asking is, if there are no repercussions for not adhering, how does posting the commandments force you to do anything?

And again, just a reminder, I'm not asking for the wording. Looking for actual examples of force, here. Current, as well. Don't tell me what happened historically, we're talking specifically about the ten commandments being on display here in the current US.

You sure have that wrong.

And when they are not doing that? They are claiming to be the victim.

Where did you find this fantasy?

Dark Ages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Crusades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spanish Inquisition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Charlemagne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oliver Cromwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On the Jews and Their Lies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pogrom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Christian views on slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Utah War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
CONVERSION TO CHRISTIANITY - JewishEncyclopedia.com
Reichskonkordat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUMkcBctE7c]The Inquisition - YouTube[/ame]

:clap:

I won't argue with this. Historically, Christians have been DICKS! Grew up in Church, and one of my problems with it was always that so many of these followers of Christ can't seem to wrap their mind around the whole judge not thing. Luckily, it's not all Christians. I've also met some Christians in my life who are holy shit amazing people, even if I disagree with their governing philosophy.

What I do wonder, Sallow, as I read your response which implies that current Christianity is responsible, as a whole, for the historical wrongs of individuals who practiced it, is if you view the entire world in the same way.

Is "Communism" responsible for Stalin and Mao murdering millions of their own people? I've read Das Capital and The Communist Manifesto. Don't recall Marx or Engels ever actually saying dissenters should be murdered, or that large portions of the proletariat should be starved out.

Is "Islam" responsible for terrorism? If I said, "Muslims spend a lot of time protesting against anyone who disagrees with Islam. When they're not doing that, they're forcing everyone around them to convert to their particular sect of Islam including other Muslims, and when they're not doing that, they're suicide bombing anybody who doesn't agree with their exact interpretation of the Koran", then posted links to examples of Muslims doing horrible things to people, would you simply concede that I was correct, as you obviously assume that you are correct in this case?

Shit, furthermore, does this only apply to religions and philosophies, or can we apply the same logic to any sort of demographic? Are "the Mexicans" smuggling drugs into the US?

Are "the blacks" responsible for gang violence in LA?

There's also multiple denomination of Christianity who are completely separate from the Catholics and Protestants who were traditionally the sects at the helm during historical periods of Christian oppression, yet I can't help but notice that you never said, ". . . except for those Oriental Orthodoxy cats. They never burned anybody at the stake."

Therefore, if I said Asians are responsible for the holocaust because, historically, the Japanese govt was allied with the Third Reich, would that be pretty valid? I can't help but feel like it'd be as valid as your response.

Last edited:

God can. And when He reveals Himself to you, you will know He exists as well.

Atheist sure put a lot of time, money and effort in denouncing a God they claim doesn't exist.

Why is that?

Why does something that's believed to be nonsense get these people so worked up?

These people are the epitome of cowardice IMO. They seem to only go after Christians. I've yet to see them challenge the Muslims on their beliefs.
The vast number of atheist which are only 1.6% of the population have little interest in Christmas. What little atheist have to say about Christmas is amplified a thousand fold by those who claim to be Christians, over 70% of the population. If it wasn't for Christian conservative media, most people would never hear anything about atheist protests over Christmas.

Yes it does

Please, explain. What force is being exerted?

You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Sounds forceful to me

You're afriad of a Bible verse from a God you say you don't believe in? Sucks to be you.

Forum List

Back