Atheists have granite monument installed at Florida Courthouse

Last edited:
ROFL...Unfortunately you xtians think simply because we have freedom of religion that gives you the right to assault everyone with yours by pushing it in their face,trying to interject it into schools,courthouses,pretty much everything...you are the enemy.

i am truly proud to be your enemy.., GOD sees me as his child and emissary to promote goodness throughout the world. :up:

please join me in a prayer today to help those who are suffering from this disasterous heat wave in our area.., thank you sir !! :clap2:

Considering Christians the enemy is actually a good thing. The lines need to be clearly drawn so Christians know exactly who their enemies are.

ROFL...Unfortunately you xtians think simply because we have freedom of religion that gives you the right to assault everyone with yours by pushing it in their face,trying to interject it into schools,courthouses,pretty much everything...you are the enemy.

i am truly proud to be your enemy.., GOD sees me as his child and emissary to promote goodness throughout the world. :up:

please join me in a prayer today to help those who are suffering from this disasterous heat wave in our area.., thank you sir !! :clap2:

Considering Christians the enemy is actually a good thing. The lines need to be clearly drawn so Christians know exactly who their enemies are.

We're not your enemy. Everyone goes through their atheist period. Most people outgrow it and come to some kind of realization of God. It's not a difficult thing to do.

We're not your enemy. Everyone goes through their atheist period. Most people outgrow it and come to some kind of realization of God. It's not a difficult thing to do.

This isn't an "atheist period". The guy hates Christians.

50 monuments to absurdity are appropriate for the benighted.

Are the monuments blank?

The bench has quotes from Christians, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams. The quote "The Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to govern any other" came from John Adams.
They weren't xtians but hey you want to ignore fact be my guest...won't be a first for xtians to avoid or ignore logic or fact.

28 actually and sounds good to me one less person to prove wrong.

Aw. Did I make you mad?

I am a registered republican as well...also an Atheist! Hell of a mixture eh.

LMAO...so you see yourself as a warrior for god eh? :cuckoo:

There you go again, why do you mention Hell? If there is no Gods then there are no heavens and certainly no hells? Yet here we have a so called atheist using those religious terms as his own...

The bench has quotes from Christians, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams. The quote "The Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to govern any other" came from John Adams.
They weren't xtians but hey you want to ignore fact be my guest...won't be a first for xtians to avoid or ignore logic or fact.

28 actually and sounds good to me one less person to prove wrong.

Aw. Did I make you mad?

I am a registered republican as well...also an Atheist! Hell of a mixture eh.

LMAO...so you see yourself as a warrior for god eh? :cuckoo:

There you go again, why do you mention Hell? If there is no Gods then there are no heavens and certainly no hells? Yet here we have a so called atheist using those religious terms as his own...

He's a fraud. The article exposes them for being the Christian haters that they really are.

He'll get over it. I think we take these aggressive atheists much too seriously. Jacob wrestled with an angel. The prodigal came home.

Atheism is a time waster.

He'll get over it. I think we take these aggressive atheists much too seriously. Jacob wrestled with an angel. The prodigal came home.

Atheism is a time waster.

not totally--Florida got a place to sit out of the deal.

Atheism is a religion. To hold a belief in nothing means you worship nothing, and thereby adhere to that belief in nothingness. An Atheist will believe nothing created the universe or spurred our race into existence. Those who say there is no God only reveal their own insecurities. It is a cry for help, a sign of rebellion, an act of apathy.

ROFL...Unfortunately you Christians think simply because we have freedom of religion that gives you the right to assault everyone with yours by pushing it in their face,trying to interject it into schools,courthouses,pretty much everything...you are the enemy.

We are the enemy? Who keeps suing to take our faith out of everything we know and love? Who? Do we repress you for being an Atheist? Have you encountered any Christians personally who tried to force their faith down your throat? I mean honestly, you guys are trying to limit the free exercise of religion because its merely offensive to you.

Do you understand how offensive it is when someone like you comes along and refers to me and people of my faith as "the enemy"?

Atheism is a religion. To hold a belief in nothing means you worship nothing, and thereby adhere to that belief in nothingness. An Atheist will believe nothing created the universe or spurred our race into existence. Those who say there is no God only reveal their own insecurities. It is a cry for help, a sign of rebellion, an act of apathy.

Yes. Nihilism has its own rewards.

It must be a joke right? A monument that indicates belief in nothing? The dirty little secret is that most atheists don't give a damn about monuments. It's all about winning a court case. Dopey angry atheists score another one against Christians.

Regardless of what the founders did or did not believe - they gave us a GODLESS Constitution. Fact.

The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity

actually if you were to look at the founding documents of the first states you would find differently.

Constitution of

Delaware 1776 -
Art 22
ART. 22. Every person who shall be chosen a member of either house, or appointed to any office or place of trust, before taking his seat, or entering upon the execution of his office, shall take the following oath, or affirmation, if conscientiously scrupulous of taking an oath, to wit:

" I, A B. will bear true allegiance to the Delaware State, submit to its constitution and laws, and do no act wittingly whereby the freedom thereof may be prejudiced."

And also make and subscribe the following declaration, to wit:

" I, A B. do profess faith in God the Father, and in Jesus Christ His only Son, and in the Holy Ghost, one God, blessed for evermore; and I do acknowledge the holy scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be given by divine inspiration."

And all officers shall also take an oath of office.

New YOrk - 1777 -

XXXVIII. And whereas we are required, by the benevolent principles of rational liberty, not only to expel civil tyranny, but also to guard against that spiritual oppression and intolerance wherewith the bigotry and ambition of weak and wicked priests and princes have scourged mankind, this convention doth further, in the name and by the authority of the good people of this State, ordain, determine, and declare, that the free exercise and enjoyment of religious profession and worship, without discrimination or preference, shall forever hereafter be allowed, within this State, to all mankind: Provided, That the liberty of conscience, hereby granted, shall not be so construed as to excuse acts of licentiousness, or justify practices inconsistent with the peace or safety of this State.

New Jersey - 1776 -
XVIII. That no person shall ever, within this Colony, be deprived of the inestimable privilege of worshipping Almighty God in a manner, agreeable to the dictates of his own conscience; nor, under any presence whatever, be compelled to attend any place of worship, contrary to his own faith and judgment; nor shall any person, within this Colony, ever be obliged to pay tithes, taxes, or any other rates, for the purpose of building or repairing any other church or churches, place or places of worship, or for the maintenance of any minister or ministry, contrary to what he believes to be right, or has deliberately or voluntarily engaged himself to perform.

XIX. That there shall be no establishment of any one religious sect in this Province, in preference to another; and that no Protestant inhabitant of this Colony shall be denied the enjoyment of any civil right, merely on account of his religious principles; but that all persons, professing a belief in the faith of any Protestant sect. who shall demean themselves peaceably under the government, as hereby established, shall be capable of being elected into any office of profit or trust, or being a member of either branch of the Legislature, and shall fully and freely enjoy every privilege and immunity, enjoyed by others their fellow subjects.

Pennsylvania 1776-
II. That all men have a natural and unalienable right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their own consciences and understanding: And that no man ought or of right can be compelled to attend any religious worship, or erect or support any place of worship, or maintain any ministry, contrary to, or against, his own free will and consent: Nor can any man, who acknowledges the being of a God, be justly deprived or abridged of any civil right as a citizen, on account of his religious sentiments or peculiar mode of religious worship: And that no authority can or ought to be vested in, or assumed by any power whatever, that shall in any case interfere with, or in any manner controul, the right of conscience in the free exercise of religious worship.
PLAN OR FRAME OF GOVERNMENT FOR THE COMMONWEALTH OR STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA

SECT. 10. A quorum of the house of representatives shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of members elected; and having met and chosen their speaker, shall each of them before they proceed to business take and subscribe, as well the oath or affirmation of fidelity and allegiance hereinafter directed, as the following oath or affirmation, viz:

I do swear (or affirm) that as a member of this assembly, I will not propose or assent to any bill, vote, or resolution, which stall appear to free injurious to the people; nor do or consent to any act or thing whatever, that shall have a tendency to lessen or abridge their rights and privileges, as declared in the constitution of this state; but will in all things conduct myself as a faithful honest representative and guardian of the people, according to the best of only judgment and abilities.

And each member, before he takes his seat, shall make and subscribe the following declaration, viz:

I do believe in one God, the creator and governor of the universe, the rewarder of the good and the punisher of the wicked. And I do acknowledge the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be given by Divine inspiration.

And no further or other religious test shall ever hereafter be required of any civil officer or magistrate in this State.

MAryland 1776-
LV. That every person, appointed to any office of profit or trust, shall, before he enters on the execution thereof, take the following oath; to wit :-" I, A. B., do swear, that I do not hold myself bound in allegiance to the King of Great Britain, and that I will be faithful, and bear true allegiance to the State of Maryland; " and shall also subscribe a declaration of his belief in the Christian religion.

Virginia Declaration of Rights 1776-
16 -That religion, or the duty which we owe to our Creator and the manner of discharging it, can be directed by reason and conviction, not by force or violence; and therefore, all men are equally entitled to the free exercise of religion, according to the dictates of conscience; and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian forbearance, love, and charity towards each other.

North Carolina -
XIX. That all men have a natural and unalienable right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their own consciences.

South Carolina 1778-
III. That as soon as may be after the first meeting of the senate and house of representatives, and at every first meeting of the senate and house of representatives thereafter, to be elected by virtue of this constitution, they shall jointly in the house of representatives choose by ballot from among themselves or from the people at large a governor and commander-in-chief, a lieutenant-governor, both to continue for two years, and a privy council, all of the Protestant religion, and till such choice shall be made the former president or governor and commander-in-chief, and vice-president or lieutenant-governor, as the case may be, and privy council, shall continue to act as such.

Georgia 1777-
ART. VI. The representatives shall be chosen out of the residents in each county, who shall have resided at least twelve months in this State, and three months in the county where they shall be elected; except the freeholders of the counties of Glynn and Camden, who are in a state of alarm, and who shall have the liberty of choosing one member each, as specified in the articles of this constitution, in any other county, until they have residents sufficient to qualify them for more; and they shall be of the Protestent religion, and of the age of twenty-one years, and shall be possessed in their own right of two hundred and fifty acres of land, or some property to the amount of two hundred and fifty pounds.

Atheists now have everything they need to be classified as a "religion".

They have a symbol.

They have a list of "beliefs"

They have code of conduct.

Nothing else is needed.

The majority want a christian theocracy? Damn pretty sure the fact we are legalizing weed and gay marriage is proof your dead wrong. xtians right wingers are a dying breed and the sooner we get them out of politics the better...even better when religion dies. Its nothing more than a crutch.

Evidence points to that direction:

Study: Critical Thinkers Less Likely to Believe in God - US News and World Report

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2111174/Intelligent-people-less-likely-to-believe-in-God.html

Belief in God Low Among Young Americans

CNN Panel Debates Why America?s Youth Are Allegedly Beginning to Doubt God?s Existence | Video | TheBlaze.com

Forum List

Back