Atheists reject Christian answers to the big questions but have no answers of their own

Atheists reject Christian answers to the big questions but have no answers of their own.

So if you are an atheist, you basically have no idea how we got here, why we got here, where we are going, or even if there is a damn reason for all of it.

Atheists disbelieve in Christian theories, but they lack theories of their own.

Atheism is not the opposite of Christianity, it is a nullification of Christianity, but has no positive qualities of its own.

Atheism does not even have rules to guide you through life like do not steal, do not kill, do not bear false witness, do not commit adultery. Atheists can follow these rules, but they have no compelling reason to do so.

There is no reason to be an atheist, unless you like having no rules to guide you in life, and want to break the Christian rules and think you are getting away with it.

The price you pay for being an atheist, however, is giving up the hope of life after death, and giving up the belief that life has meaning, or that good ultimately triumphs over evil.
You have answers that make people comfortable. Doesn't mean your answers are right

Atheists reject Christian answers to the big questions but have no answers of their own.

So if you are an atheist, you basically have no idea how we got here, why we got here, where we are going, or even if there is a damn reason for all of it.

Atheism is not the opposite of Christianity, it is a nullification of Christianity, but has no positive qualities of its own.

Atheism does not even have rules to guide you through life like do not steal, do not kill, do not bear false witness, do not commit adultery. Atheists can follow these rules, but they have no compelling reason to do so.

There is no reason to be an atheist, unless you like having no rules to guide you in life, and want to break the Christian rules and think you are getting away with it.

The price you pay for being an atheist, however, is giving up the hope of life after death, and giving up the belief that life has meaning, or that good ultimately triumphs over evil.
Oh boy, where to begin. For the most you are correct. We don't know. We just know neither do you.

God of the gaps. We used to think thunder was God.

Atheists follow science and their explanations. Great example is evolution. We use science logic and facts to theorize how we got here. YOU say God poofed grown humans birds reptiles hell, the entire solar system into existence, and he did it all for us.

Laws. Secular society use laws not religion.

No reason to be atheist? Yea, maybe I should be a Muslim.

How do you know not believing in your religion will prevent you from going to heaven? Oh yea, because that's what your religion says.

You're such a sheep. Part of a flock.

What you're saying is you can't imagine there is no God. We can and do.

it's not only atheists who think christianity is misguided. personally, i don't care what you choose to believe. my issue is that you're arrogant enough to think others are supposed to believe it too.
If a Christian really believed in what they say they do, how much would they have to hate you to not tell you the good news?

my religion doesn't proselytize and i believe in my own which tells me not to follow false pharisees. i find the whole proselytizing thing obnoxious and arrogant.

That's what I said. But unfortunately Hinduism, Buddhism and Islam use violence and/or society pressure to maintain their faiths.

And no, only Christianity has the track record of making civilization better.
Buddhist use of violence is antithetical to their religion. Same goes for Christianity, but that didn't stop "Christians" from butchering Indians and lynching blacks up to the 1950s. It didn't stop people like Paul Hill and Eric Rudolph from murdering people in the name of God.

it's not only atheists who think christianity is misguided. personally, i don't care what you choose to believe. my issue is that you're arrogant enough to think others are supposed to believe it too.
If a Christian really believed in what they say they do, how much would they have to hate you to not tell you the good news?

my religion doesn't proselytize and i believe in my own which tells me not to follow false pharisees. i find the whole proselytizing thing obnoxious and arrogant.
So you either don't believe your faith has positive things to offer, or you just don't give a damn about other people.

That's what I said. But unfortunately Hinduism, Buddhism and Islam use violence and/or society pressure to maintain their faiths.

Buddhist use of violence is antithetical to their religion. Same goes for Christianity, but that didn't stop "Christians" from butchering Indians and lynching blacks up to the 1950s. It didn't stop people like Paul Hill and Eric Rudolph from murdering people in the name of God.
Not necessarily. You have the Hollywood knowledge of Buddhism.
Buddhism and violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep. That's why when I decided that I had never faced the ultimate issue of Gods existence I studied all religions to determine who had the truth. I could have followed any belief in my research to answer the ultimate issue in life. Years later a reporter for the Chicago Tribune did homework to prove his wife's faith in Christ was wrong. He instead formed the same conclusion I did.

As I posted in another thread, no other faith is a life changer like Christianity. Angola prison is filled with 80% of their inmates serving life sentences and averaged 40 murders a year. A new warden came in and ordered prisoners and guards to treat each other with dignity as if they were all created in Gods image. He opened a Christian college and several chapels within the prison. Angola basically became a Christian seminary with a number of inmates becoming ordained Pastors. There has not been a murder in Angola since 1996.
Countless people from every religion on the planet share your same opinion about their religion. And they also have their own examples that they claim proves their opinion as fact.

Not true at all. The other religions have all had successful civilizations. And Christianity has committed its fair share of atrocities. Hinduism was part of successful civilizations going back thousands of years before Christianity.

Also, there are countless people from other religions who share the same opinion of their religion as you just shared about yours.
Depends upon your definition of successful civilization. Rome was successful for over a thousand years. It also expanded by military conquest, had slaves, held games with humans dying for entertainment, etc. Muslims consider their civilization superior also. I'm sure women, homosexuals, and non Muslims disagree as well as the Muslims who don't like living in a police state.

Rome was very successful- until it adopted Christianity.

What a mealy mouthed statement "only Christianity has the track record of making civilization better'- mealy mouthed of course because you will only accept as 'better' whatever you deem to be better- and will discount any contributions by any you don't agree with.

Pretty much every civilization and faith has made 'civilization' better- because our advances have been incremental.

Greeks developed many of the key ideas of our Western civilization before there was a Christian religion.
Hammurabi developed a legal system before there was a Christian religion.
And we can go on and on- from advances in agriculture to sanitation systems.

Anyone who claims that 'only Christianity has a track record of making civilization better is either a) ignorant or b) so blinded by their faith that they are willfully ignorant.
My, my. Praising the Roman Empire. Good old days, eh? You can sing praises about what they did, it just shows what kind of person you are.

So you either don't believe your faith has positive things to offer, or you just don't give a damn about other people.

Excellent observation.

Many people teach that the Law, the way to eternal life, was given to the Jewish people only for the Jewish people.

Not only that, there is hidden teaching in the law that is kept secret from comprehension by gentiles and even other Jews who have been judged as being froward.

"No one is to engage in discussion or disputation with men of ill repute; and in the company of froward men everyone is to abstain from talk about (keep hidden) the meaning of the Law [Torah]." Dead sea scrolls, Manual of Discipline.

This is what Jesus objected to, because scripture clearly teaches that the law was given as a light to the nations.....for everybody. Don't fall for that Noachide law for gentiles bullshit.

No one lights a candle and then hides it under a bushel.

A city on a hill cannot be hidden.......

Last edited:
Not necessarily. You have the Hollywood knowledge of Buddhism.
Buddhism and violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A flawed assumption on your part. Not only have I long studied various religions, including the three main variants of Buddhism, but I lived in WestPac for a year.

Do you really want to stand by your position that Christians were never violent?
I never claimed Christians were never violent. They are human. What I oppose is this notion of Buddhists and Hindus having a peaceful wonderful society.

Rome was very successful- until it adopted Christianity.

What a mealy mouthed statement "only Christianity has the track record of making civilization better'- mealy mouthed of course because you will only accept as 'better' whatever you deem to be better- and will discount any contributions by any you don't agree with.

Pretty much every civilization and faith has made 'civilization' better- because our advances have been incremental.

Greeks developed many of the key ideas of our Western civilization before there was a Christian religion.
Hammurabi developed a legal system before there was a Christian religion.
And we can go on and on- from advances in agriculture to sanitation systems.

Anyone who claims that 'only Christianity has a track record of making civilization better is either a) ignorant or b) so blinded by their faith that they are willfully ignorant.
Syriusly? Where were you taught that Christianity was the cause of the Fall of the Roman Empire?

8 Reasons Why Rome Fell - History Lists

I never claimed Christians were never violent. They are human. What I oppose is this notion of Buddhists and Hindus having a peaceful wonderful society.
It seems you did when you bashed all the other religions and praised Christianity.

A religion is only as pure as the people practicing it. Like a gun, religion is an inanimate object which can do no good nor bad until a human being uses it.

It seems you did when you bashed all the other religions and praised Christianity.

A religion is only as pure as the people practicing it. Like a gun, religion is an inanimate object which can do no good nor bad until a human being uses it.
That's because all other faiths crush human will and ambition. Athiesm, Buddhism, Hinduism. They are all about suppression.

That's because all other faiths crush human will and ambition. Athiesm, Buddhism, Hinduism. They are all about suppression.

If you can get people to strive for nothingness and to see suffering and doing without as a virtue they are not likely to complain about injustice or when the corrupt take everything for themselves...

Forum List

Back