🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Back From Syria: Syrian People Desperately Want Peace: They Don't Support US Regime Change Policy...

Written by Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hi)

As much of Washington prepared for the inauguration of President Donald Trump, I spent last week on a fact-finding mission in Syria and Lebanon to see and hear directly from the Syrian people. Their lives have been consumed by a horrific war that has killed hundreds of thousands of Syrians and forced millions to flee their homeland in search of peace.

It is clear now more than ever: this regime change war does not serve America’s interest, and it certainly isn’t in the interest of the Syrian people.

I traveled throughout Damascus and Aleppo, listening to Syrians from different parts of the country. I met with displaced families from the eastern part of Aleppo, Raqqah, Zabadani, Latakia, and the outskirts of Damascus. I met Syrian opposition leaders who led protests in 2011, widows and children of men fighting for the government and widows of those fighting against the government. I met Lebanon’s newly-elected President Aoun and Prime Minister Hariri, U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon Elizabeth Richard, Syrian President Assad, Grand Mufti Hassoun, Archbishop Denys Antoine Chahda of Syrian Catholic Church of Aleppo, Muslim and Christian religious leaders, humanitarian workers, academics, college students, small business owners, and more...

Read More:
The Syrian People Desperately Want Peace
Everyone wants peace in Syria, but doubt sustainable peace is possible without a radical political reorganization that excludes Assad and most of his government. If fact, if we had acted to help get rid of Assad in 2012, much of the suffering could have been avoided.

Bull fucking shit buddy. A sustainable peace will be when Assad clears out all the paid foreign mercenaries who invaded Syria under the guise of a rebellion. There was no Arab Spring. There was no civil war.

The CIA on record assisted Saudi Arabia/Qatar/Turkey to funnel $$$$ and weapons to the foreign mercenaries aka terrorists to overthrow Assad.

And guess who they were going to give the Syrian people. The nastiest of nastiest. The Muslim Brotherhood.

You know the same sons of mother trucking bitches who killed Coptic Christians, burned their churches and persecuted them. And went after Shia.

The Muslim Brotherhood that Obama backed. Evil assholes from hell.
It was originally a civil war but it became part of the regional Sunni-Shia sectarian religious war. Assad is just a figurehead at this point. Without the Russians and Iranians he would have been gone long ago.

Right from the get go the so called rebels were stacked with foreign mercenaries. It was a Sunni led invasion. Not a civil war.

The FSA which was the so called moderate rebel group were working with al Nusra (AQ in Syria) and ISIS from the beginning.

Cripes the main military commander of ISIS for all their initial victories was from Chechny for crying out loud. Sunni mercenaries from over 80 countries poured into Syria.

THAT'S what you call a fucking invasion. When you have an estimated 25,000 foreign militants it is not a freaking rebellion.

The MB were poised to take over.
You are mistaken. The civil war began when Assad ordered his troops to fire on demonstrator who had been driven from their homes by the expanding eastern desert and were demanding help from his government. The original rebels were Syrian soldiers and officers who rebelled because of this slaughter. Assad is an Alawite, essentially a Shi'ite sect, and the people he slaughtered were Sunni. The majority of Syrians are Sunni, so as Assad's forces continued to slaughter Sunni, foreign Sunnis came to defend them.

Young men began to refuse to report for the draft so that at one point Assad did not have enough men to drive his tanks and Hezbollah fighters began to drive them. This began as a civil war against a brutal regime that slaughtered its own citizens who were pleading for help rather than help them, and because the victims were all Sunni killed by an Alawite government, it became part of the regional sectarian war that has engulfed the region.

As much of Washington prepared for the inauguration of President Donald Trump, I spent last week on a fact-finding mission in Syria and Lebanon to see and hear directly from the Syrian people. Their lives have been consumed by a horrific war that has killed hundreds of thousands of Syrians and forced millions to flee their homeland in search of peace.

It is clear now more than ever: this regime change war does not serve America’s interest, and it certainly isn’t in the interest of the Syrian people.

I traveled throughout Damascus and Aleppo, listening to Syrians from different parts of the country. I met with displaced families from the eastern part of Aleppo, Raqqah, Zabadani, Latakia, and the outskirts of Damascus. I met Syrian opposition leaders who led protests in 2011, widows and children of men fighting for the government and widows of those fighting against the government. I met Lebanon’s newly-elected President Aoun and Prime Minister Hariri, U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon Elizabeth Richard, Syrian President Assad, Grand Mufti Hassoun, Archbishop Denys Antoine Chahda of Syrian Catholic Church of Aleppo, Muslim and Christian religious leaders, humanitarian workers, academics, college students, small business owners, and more...

Read More:
Everyone wants peace in Syria, but doubt sustainable peace is possible without a radical political reorganization that excludes Assad and most of his government. If fact, if we had acted to help get rid of Assad in 2012, much of the suffering could have been avoided.

Bull fucking shit buddy. A sustainable peace will be when Assad clears out all the paid foreign mercenaries who invaded Syria under the guise of a rebellion. There was no Arab Spring. There was no civil war.

The CIA on record assisted Saudi Arabia/Qatar/Turkey to funnel $$$$ and weapons to the foreign mercenaries aka terrorists to overthrow Assad.

And guess who they were going to give the Syrian people. The nastiest of nastiest. The Muslim Brotherhood.

You know the same sons of mother trucking bitches who killed Coptic Christians, burned their churches and persecuted them. And went after Shia.

It was originally a civil war but it became part of the regional Sunni-Shia sectarian religious war. Assad is just a figurehead at this point. Without the Russians and Iranians he would have been gone long ago.

Right from the get go the so called rebels were stacked with foreign mercenaries. It was a Sunni led invasion. Not a civil war.

The FSA which was the so called moderate rebel group were working with al Nusra (AQ in Syria) and ISIS from the beginning.

Cripes the main military commander of ISIS for all their initial victories was from Chechny for crying out loud. Sunni mercenaries from over 80 countries poured into Syria.

THAT'S what you call a fucking invasion. When you have an estimated 25,000 foreign militants it is not a freaking rebellion.

Yes, the article shows how most Syrians don't support the US 'Regime Change' attempt. It's caused so much horrific carnage. It's why they've agreed on excluding the US/West from peace negotiations.
The problem with that is that there never was a US attempt at regime change in Syria.

Obama and Hillary Clinton were wrong?

With or without our help, with or without our foreign policy, the Middle East is doomed. You can only survive for so long forcing Sharia Law on a population that rejects it.

The worst one, SA , is the one Trump has no issue with, Qatar and UAE also . I imagine Trump sees his family as the future American Al Saud family dynasty.
The seven countries President Trump has named for the ban were designated by the Obama administration as exporters of terrorism and were already under tougher visa and immigration restrictions. So apparently Obama had no problem SA, Qatar or the UAE, either.

Yes, the article shows how most Syrians don't support the US 'Regime Change' attempt. It's caused so much horrific carnage. It's why they've agreed on excluding the US/West from peace negotiations.
The problem with that is that there never was a US attempt at regime change in Syria.

Actually, our Government has been pretty open about that. It did try to remove Assad. And that effort led to the funding and arming of some far worse folks over there. Assad's a Saint compared to some of the awful folks who received US/Saudi support.

Aleppo citizens were partying hardy at their first football match in years. They are more than thankful that they were rescued by Assad and Putin from Jabhat al Nusra (AQ in Syria) who were holding them hostage.

Bull crap as always. They were murdered by Putin and Assad. Both of them should be charge of war crimes.

Did you not hear, they do not want their country taken over. What they have went through is enough to make anyone angry and upset. We ruin countries and you want them to be happy about it?
who ruined it...Obama unilaterally ruined it......

Aleppo citizens were partying hardy at their first football match in years. They are more than thankful that they were rescued by Assad and Putin from Jabhat al Nusra (AQ in Syria) who were holding them hostage.

Bull crap as always. They were murdered by Putin and Assad. Both of them should be charge of war crimes.

Fuck you. Aleppo was being held hostage by Jabhat al Nusra. United Nations confirmed this. Assad and Putin rescued the citizens from Syria's al Qaeda.

Our media and our leaders in the west were lying their asses off that Aleppo was rebel held. Rebel held kiss my sorry ass. Since when did AQ become "rebels".

Now back up your shit or shut the fuck up because I can.

UN Syria envoy: Jabhat al-Nusra holding Aleppo ‘hostage’

Last edited:

Read More:

Most of the the Syrian People disagree with you. 'Regime Change' is wrong. The US/West needs to end that policy.

All Syrians disagree with you. All Syrians I mean all Syrians wants peace. But a government ruled by dictatorship for decades that only favors his inner circles with massive corruptions, support terrorism against Israel, Turkey and ME is not acceptable. Now if we let these thugs ideologies like Assad *with your support* keep growing.......... What do you think will happen to world peace?

Most countries around the globe do not support dictatorship and terrorism that Assad senior and junior has ruled Syria for decades.
Assad need to go in a peaceful manner of course.
Also with or without US involvement civil war in Syria is bound to happen.

Read More:

Most of the the Syrian People disagree with you. 'Regime Change' is wrong. The US/West needs to end that policy.

All Syrians disagree with you. All Syrians I mean all Syrians wants peace. But a government ruled by dictatorship for decades that only favors his inner circles with massive corruptions, support terrorism against Israel, Turkey and ME is not acceptable. Now if we let these thugs ideologies like Assad *with your support* keep growing.......... What do you think will happen to world peace?

Most countries around the globe do not support dictatorship and terrorism that Assad senior and junior has ruled Syria for decades.

You should check out the article. She just came back from a trip to Syria. Most Syrians do not support the US Regime Change policy. It's caused so much pain and suffering over there. The folks who received the funding and arming from the US and Saudi Arabia, were far worse than Assad.

Pfft. How uninformed are you? And they left it up to the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood to deliver the arms to moderate *cough* rebels. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. What could possibly go freaking wrong.

Middle East
C.I.A. Said to Aid in Steering Arms to Syrian Opposition
By ERIC SCHMITTJUNE 21, 2012
WASHINGTON — A small number of C.I.A. officers are operating secretly in southern Turkey, helping allies decide which Syrian opposition fighters across the border will receive arms to fight the Syrian government, according to American officials and Arab intelligence officers.

The weapons, including automatic rifles, rocket-propelled grenades, ammunition and some antitank weapons, are being funneled mostly across the Turkish border by way of a shadowy network of intermediaries including Syria’s Muslim Brotherhood and paid for by Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, the officials said.

The C.I.A. officers have been in southern Turkey for several weeks, in part to help keep weapons out of the hands of fighters allied with Al Qaeda or other terrorist groups, one senior American official said. The Obama administration has said it is not providing arms to the rebels, but it has also acknowledged that Syria’s neighbors would do so.

C.I.A. Said to Aid in Steering Arms to Syrian Rebels

This was never a civil war. It was an invasion by Sunni terrorists. Assad was telling the truth. Tired of all the freaking bullshit the media puts out there over Syria. 6]]

Assad the dictator telling the truth? LOL. You are funny very funny.
Are you saying medias all over the world are lying against Assad or Putin?

At least Syria is holding. I pray for the people. The west has done enough damage already. Poor Libyans. Egyptians came to their senses and threw out the MB. Yemen is getting bombed daily by Saudi Arabia.

What a dog's breakfast! All western leaders who were involved in the regime change plans to turn secular leaders over for the Muslim Brotherhood should be charged with crimes against humanity.

Aren't there plenty of "civilized" Arab nations willing to take in their "brothers" and "sisters"?
Apparently not.

This was never a civil war. It was an invasion by Sunni terrorists. Assad was telling the truth. Tired of all the freaking bullshit the media puts out there over Syria. 6]]

I gave one major example already. The media has been reporting that Aleppo was rebel held which was a flat out lie. The United Nations clearly agreed that Aleppo citizens were being held hostage by Jabhat al Nusra (AQ in Syria). Held by terrorists not rebels.

I don't have all day to educate you. But think on this. All media outlets report casualty and death figures and updates on battles from the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights correct?

It's one fucking guy in Coventry England who is anti Assad and says he gets phone calls from the battle scenes.

He was busted ages ago but the propagandists in the media still quote him.

Oh and he has a day job. A tailor.

One man band is the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reporting from freaking Britain.

It's a bad joke.

Read More:

You should check out the article. She just came back from a trip to Syria. Most Syrians do not support the US Regime Change policy. It's caused so much pain and suffering over there. The folks who received the funding and arming from the US and Saudi Arabia, were far worse than Assad.

Let me guess she lives under Assad umbrella.

Read More:

Let me guess she lives under Assad umbrella.

She's actually a US Democrat Congresswoman. She just returned from a fact-finding mission over there. You really should check out the article. It's interesting.

Actually, our Government has been pretty open about that. It did try to remove Assad. And that effort led to the funding and arming of some far worse folks over there. Assad's a Saint compared to some of the awful folks who received US/Saudi support.
Our position was that Assad must go, but Obama never really got behind it and our wimpy funding and training effort was a bad joke. If the US had really wanted Assad to go all we had to do back in 2012 was deny him the use of his air force and he would have been gone in short order.

Assad is no saint. His bombing and Russia's bombing in Syria is responsible for most of the destruction, death and suffering in Syria.

At least Syria is holding. I pray for the people. The west has done enough damage already. Poor Libyans. Egyptians came to their senses and threw out the MB. Yemen is getting bombed daily by Saudi Arabia.

What a dog's breakfast! All western leaders who were involved in the regime change plans to turn secular leaders over for the Muslim Brotherhood should be charged with crimes against humanity.

Lets not forget about Bernard Levy a French jew Zionist who financed the rebels in Libya.

Read More:

She came back from the Alawite areas of Syria, not from the Sunni areas of Syria, so naturally she only talked to Assad supporters.

I gave one major example already. The media has been reporting that Aleppo was rebel held which was a flat out lie. The United Nations clearly agreed that Aleppo citizens were being held hostage by Jabhat al Nusra (AQ in Syria). Held by terrorists not rebels.

I don't have all day to educate you. But think on this. All media outlets report casualty and death figures and updates on battles from the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights correct?

It's one fucking guy in Coventry England who is anti Assad and says he gets phone calls from the battle scenes.

He was busted ages ago but the propagandists in the media still quote him.

Oh and he has a day job. A tailor.

One man band is the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reporting from freaking Britain.

It's a bad joke.

Are you saying Assad and Putin are innocent? Are you saying that ALL media are lying against Assad and Putin? Are we supposed to believe that Assad and Putin are telling the truth?
Are you saying that Putin and Assad did not bomb with parachutes to hospitals and schools in Aleppo last month? Give me a break.

Or are we supposed to believe you?

There are lots of independent news media that proves you are very wrong.

Forum List

Back