Bad news for Republicans

Even more?

If we had remained on the spending trajectory established by Scrub, the FY 2017 budget would be 5.75 trillion (and that's taking out TARP and ARRA)

jpg

Yes, Bush spent like a drunken sailor and then Obama spent EVEN MORE!
don't you think trying to get out from a great recession takes tons of money?? clinton left the moron enough he could give tax breaks to billionaires and still he kept spending and borrowing from china

don't you think trying to get out from a great recession takes tons of money??

I thought he did that 7 years ago?
So when does the spending go back down to Bush levels, since it's all groovy now.
Maybe with hill ?lots of bloated programs around,,,,,, got to do something to reduce hc costs and fraud in our system

Maybe with hill ?

Hill is gonna fix Obama's fuck ups? That's funny!
no she is going to continue his successes and try to drive down even further the 4.9% unemployment rate etc etc

don't you think trying to get out from a great recession takes tons of money?? clinton left the moron enough he could give tax breaks to billionaires and still he kept spending and borrowing from china

So when does the spending go back down to Bush levels, since it's all groovy now.
Maybe with hill ?lots of bloated programs around,,,,,, got to do something to reduce hc costs and fraud in our system

Maybe with hill ?

Hill is gonna fix Obama's fuck ups? That's funny!
no she is going to continue his successes and try to drive down even further the 4.9% unemployment rate etc etc

Do you think she's going to survive the primaries?
She doesn't look too good.

The missing piece from the economic recovery has finally materialized.

Median household income, adjusted for inflation, is now higher than it was before the recession that began at the end of 2007, according to new data published by Sentier Research. The typical family earned $57,153 in December, which is 4.3% higher than a year earlier and nearly 1% higher than December 2007. And month-to-month gains during the last several months have been the most rapid in the history of the survey, which dates to 2000. If the pace of growth continues in 2016, household incomes will hit a new record high well in advance of the November elections.

Despite widespread worries of another recession, data on jobs and income show that ordinary workers are increasingly better off. Famed billionaire businessman Warren Buffett said in his latest annual letter that “America’s economic magic remains alive and well." The numbers back him up.

Every month, Sentier calculates a household-income index, based on Census Bureau data, that allows it to measure the purchasing power of the typical family month-by-month, after adjusting for inflation. Here’s what the index looks like, with the red line representing household income (left scale) and the dark line representing the unempl

Only a loon thinks 1% in almost nine years is a good thing. Good grief
Of course, because it's Obama's fault that Bush cratered the economy. :eusa_doh:

household-income-monthly-median-since-2000.gif

Median household income, adjusted for inflation, is now higher than it was before the recession that began at the end of 2007, according to new data published by Sentier Research. The typical family earned $57,153 in December, which is 4.3% higher than a year earlier and nearly 1% higher than December 2007. And month-to-month gains during the last several months have been the most rapid in the history of the survey, which dates to 2000. If the pace of growth continues in 2016, household incomes will hit a new record high well in advance of the November elections.

Despite widespread worries of another recession, data on jobs and income show that ordinary workers are increasingly better off. Famed billionaire businessman Warren Buffett said in his latest annual letter that “America’s economic magic remains alive and well." The numbers back him up.

Every month, Sentier calculates a household-income index, based on Census Bureau data, that allows it to measure the purchasing power of the typical family month-by-month, after adjusting for inflation. Here’s what the index looks like, with the red line representing household income (left scale) and the dark line representing the unempl

The thing for me is that the economy would have recovered under most presidents. A President doesn't make the economy get better, but they can make it worse. Who knows what would have happened under a Republican, but probably the same as now.

Obama did what had to be done, not spectacularly, but as many would have done it.

Everyone takes the political plaudits for the economy getting better, and they often take the criticism when it gets worse, but often they don't have that much to do with it. But they'll have a lot to do with the economy in 10 or 20 years time and by then everyone's ignoring them.

Actually, Toddster, Scrub started with projected cumulative surpluses of more than 5 trillion, promptly vaporized them, added 5, and left a tab for at least another 5 on his way out......that is, conservatively, a net swing of 15 trillion......

I guess you are too afeard to peek at that link.....it ranks post WW2 administrations by 6 categories......I ran the numbers for Scrub.....he finished last......we could go through those for Obama, but it won't change that result.....

Actually, Toddster, Scrub started with projected cumulative surpluses of more than 5 trillion

It's amazing how much projected revenue a bubble will throw off, if it continues forever.
And then reality sets in.

When you say "Reality sets in", do you mean "Hand the keys to El Carniceiro de Surplus"?

“President Bush said today that there was a benefit to the government’s fast-dwindling surplus, declaring that it will create ”a fiscal straitjacket for Congress.” He said that was ”incredibly positive news” because it would halt the growth of the federal government.

In a 45-minute news conference in a community hall next to an RV park here, Mr. Bush avoided specific answers to several questions about how he would find the money for his next big initiatives, from missile defense, to overhauling the military, to reforming Medicaid, without dipping into Social Security surpluses that both parties have declared off limits. And he made it clear he would not re-think his tax cut, saying, ”I can’t tell you how proud I am to be traveling around the country and people say, ‘Thanks for the $600.’ ”

PRESIDENT ASSERTS SHRUNKEN SURPLUS MAY CURB CONGRESS

Makes you wanna cry, don't it?

When you say "Reality sets in", do you mean......

Clinton's Internet Bubble wasn't gonna last forever.

Wasteful big government spending makes me wanna cry.
Whether it's Bush spending way too fucking much or Obama coming in and spending even more.

Even more?

If we had remained on the spending trajectory established by Scrub, the FY 2017 budget would be 5.75 trillion (and that's taking out TARP and ARRA)

jpg

Toddster.......why embrace Stupid?

spending has gone up under every administration since Eisenhower......it's gone up at the lowest rate in that time under Obama....

When you say "Reality sets in", do you mean "Hand the keys to El Carniceiro de Surplus"?

“President Bush said today that there was a benefit to the government’s fast-dwindling surplus, declaring that it will create ”a fiscal straitjacket for Congress.” He said that was ”incredibly positive news” because it would halt the growth of the federal government.

In a 45-minute news conference in a community hall next to an RV park here, Mr. Bush avoided specific answers to several questions about how he would find the money for his next big initiatives, from missile defense, to overhauling the military, to reforming Medicaid, without dipping into Social Security surpluses that both parties have declared off limits. And he made it clear he would not re-think his tax cut, saying, ”I can’t tell you how proud I am to be traveling around the country and people say, ‘Thanks for the $600.’ ”

Whether it's Bush spending way too fucking much or Obama coming in and spending even more.

Even more?

jpg

Toddster,

Describe what you see.....

jpg

What spending has Mitch a
Even more?

jpg

What spending has Mitch and Paul Ryan done the cheap bastards

Thanks for reminding me that they stopped Obama from spending even more.

Are you talking about the folks who enabled the fiscal disaster which was Scrub?

Even more?

jpg

Toddster,

jpg
When baby boomers start dying at a faster rate

More bad news ahead for the Right after coming out of the closet as White Supremacists.
I have to admit I don't understand why we are importing more and more immigrants especially ones that are Muslims.

If you want to ask one group if we should be importing Muslims ask Chaldeans. Usually they are Iraqi Christians and they think we are crazy for importing more and more of them.

Actually, Toddster, Scrub started with projected cumulative surpluses of more than 5 trillion

It's amazing how much projected revenue a bubble will throw off, if it continues forever.
And then reality sets in.

Even more?

jpg

spending has gone up under every administration since Eisenhower......it's gone up at the lowest rate in that time under Obama....

......it's gone up at the lowest rate in that time under Obama....

Especially if you ignore TARP expenditures under Bush that were repaid under Obama.
And the $800 billion stimulus that raised the baseline.

Even more?

jpg

Toddster,

jpg

I see spending nearly $1 trillion higher than before the recession, despite all the new jobs under Obama, despite the end of 2 wars.

Are you talking about the folks who enabled the fiscal disaster which was Scrub?

No, many of those Dems were defeated or retired since Bush left office.

Care to bet it will soon be revised downward as are almost every other claim this administration has made.

Even more?

jpg

......it's gone up at the lowest rate in that time under Obama....

Especially if you ignore TARP expenditures under Bush that were repaid under Obama.
And the $800 billion stimulus that raised the baseline.

You can use Scrub's Feb 2008 spending request as the baseline....

Doesn't change the ranking......But I salute the zeal with which you cling to the dogma....

Even more?

jpg

Toddster,

jpg

I see spending nearly $1 trillion higher than before the recession, despite all the new jobs under Obama, despite the end of 2 wars.

Toddster,

Please don't make me tell you this again....

ESAs for Iraqnam were not included in the annual budget until after FY 2010.......

Care to bet it will soon be revised downward as are almost every other claim this administration has made.

Westy,

The administration does not compile and report employment and GDP data.......and it didn't generate this report either...

Sentier Medians and the Household Income Index (HII)

GDP data is revised twice after initial report.......as with BLS data revisions can, and have, gone both ways...

Keep dope alive!

No, many of those Dems were defeated or retired since Bush left office.

Not the former Zoomba instructor from Wisconsin, and the dude who looks like a turtle......oh....wait.......those aren't Democrats....

Forum List

Back