🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Banned for Reading Bible BEFORE Class

bullshit------even a communist college prof. has a RIGHT to express her opinion----
you are SUPPORTING one POV. Would you suggest that a theology prof----FATHER MACDONALD----be stopped from supporting the concept of DA TRINITY?

The concept of the Holly Trinity is pure logic. Any religion that explicitly denies it is wrong, and not a religion at all but only a con.

oh

Don't say I don't give you good advice. :)

Screw him

The teacher should have knocked his teeth out and dragged him senseless from the class
The class was overbooked
Thanks for 1) another example of LW justice and 2) another example of LWers advocating violence against those with whom they disagree. Diversity my ass.

Poor snowflake...

Holden is a little pussy anyway. Who else reads a bible before class? If Holden had a gun, none of this would have happened
Thanks again for pulling the mask off your face and revealing your true self.

bullshit------even a communist college prof. has a RIGHT to express her opinion----
you are SUPPORTING one POV. Would you suggest that a theology prof----FATHER MACDONALD----be stopped from supporting the concept of DA TRINITY?

The concept of the Holly Trinity is pure logic. Any religion that explicitly denies it is wrong, and not a religion at all but only a con.
I knew Holly Trinity in college. Nice tits!

Those who actually attended an accredited college/university know that everyone there is paying for an education. It's not HS where young people are compelled to go. College isn't for everyone, but those who attend and stick with it intend to complete a degree of higher education. As such, professors hired by colleges and universities have an obligation to provide quality education. Their job is to teach. Many use the Socratic method. Simply dictating and shoving their personal ideas and opinions down the throats of students isn't teaching. Since college is done willingly, students will vote with their feet (and money) in avoiding certain professors and/or schools based. As such, be it communism or the Trinity, it's the duty of professors to convey ideas and challenge preconceptions of students. However, even though the professor should be allowed to express those ideas, they shouldn't be shutting down the opinions of students. It appears that is exactly what happened with Martel and Holden. We'll know for certain when all the facts are revealed.

Those who actually attended an accredited college/university know that everyone there is paying for an education. It's not HS where young people are compelled to go. College isn't for everyone, but those who attend and stick with it intend to complete a degree of higher education. As such, professors hired by colleges and universities have an obligation to provide quality education. Their job is to teach. Many use the Socratic method. Simply dictating and shoving their personal ideas and opinions down the throats of students isn't teaching. Since college is done willingly, students will vote with their feet (and money) in avoiding certain professors and/or schools based. As such, be it communism or the Trinity, it's the duty of professors to convey ideas and challenge preconceptions of students. However, even though the professor should be allowed to express those ideas, they shouldn't be shutting down the opinions of students. It appears that is exactly what happened with Martel and Holden. We'll know for certain when all the facts are revealed.

you are still drawing conclusions from a ONE SIDED story

explain why you believe it is one sided.

easy the prof. did not testify

Aren't you? I'm the one simply discussing what we know, but also constantly stating "We'll know for certain when all the facts are revealed" or words to that effect.

If Holden is lying, the investigation will reveal it. If Martel is a petty tyrant, then I doubt Holden is the only student who has had problems with her.

Additional evidence is from other students:

Heather Martel at Northern Arizona University - RateMyProfessors.com A mediocre 3.3

RateMyProfessors.com – Find and rate your professor or campus. A lowly 3.1 where most others are 4.0 and above

easy the prof. did not testify
Easy to guess why, eh? LOL

Again, this is only a few days old. Let the school finish their investigation and interview other students. IF Martel is in the wrong, then NAU will try to keep it quiet. IF Holden is in the wrong, he'll be punished and that punishment will be revealed either by the university or Holden bitching about it.

....It may have gone down as the student claims, but I get the feeling the student may be misrepresenting what actually happened before class. I'd like to hear what the professors side is. There were other students there, lets see if they support the bible claim
Could be. Could also be the teacher doesn't like Christian white males and is petty enough to take it out on him before class. See how that works?

It's one thing to follow the guideline "I think we should wait until all the facts are in before pronouncing judgement" and it's another to say it then continually judge the person whom you are politically opposed.

Screw him

The teacher should have knocked his teeth out and dragged him senseless from the class
The class was overbooked
Wow.
So you've given up your pretence of 'wait and see' and have come clean that, like so many 'tolerant' lefties, people who don't tow your line deserve to be physically assaulted, end even have their teeth knocked out.
Nice.
Wish I could say I'm surprised.
Can you clarify exactly why he should have his teeth knocked and be rendered senseless?

the school is a joke. They hire shitty fruitcake educators and pay them too much. They have a reputation, and there have been multiple complaints about this particular screwball prof.

the school is a joke. They hire shitty fruitcake educators and pay them too much. They have a reputation, and there have been multiple complaints about this particular screwball prof.

I know nothing about that school-----if may VERY WELL be a joke----so what sort of
cock sucking rejects GO THERE?

I know nothing about that school-----if may VERY WELL be a joke----so what sort of
Professors and Students who couldn't cut it at ASU? NAU is a second tier university ranked 9 out of 10 universities in Arizona.

The 30 Best Colleges in Arizona for 2017

9 Northern Arizona University
ranking score 47.87
cost 3/5
graduation rate 49%
Flagstaff, AZ

....It may have gone down as the student claims, but I get the feeling the student may be misrepresenting what actually happened before class. I'd like to hear what the professors side is. There were other students there, lets see if they support the bible claim
Could be. Could also be the teacher doesn't like Christian white males and is petty enough to take it out on him before class. See how that works?

It's one thing to follow the guideline "I think we should wait until all the facts are in before pronouncing judgement" and it's another to say it then continually judge the person whom you are politically opposed.

Screw him

The class was overbooked

And then said 'Sieg Heil!"?

You're brown shirt is showing again.

Screw him

The class was overbooked

The class was overbooked and he student refused to leave

To date, we have only heard the students version of what happened

Gee Mom, I wasn't doing noth'n. I was sitting there reading my bible when the teacher got all upset

crazy leftwingers hate it when crazy kefties

The kind who want to expose and eradicate the mentally ill communist pigs who are being paid to teach our children in schools that take a lot of federal funding, in grants and financial aid.

Screw him

The class was overbooked

Uh, no.

Screw him

The class was overbooked

That sound that accompanies your posts....is it the heels of your jackboots clicking, or the wind whistling through your ears?

To date, we have only heard the students version of what happened

Gee Mom, I wasn't doing noth'n. I was sitting there reading my bible when the teacher got all upset

"COLLEGE STUDENT SAYS HE’S BEEN SUSPENDED AFTER HE REFUSED PROF’S DEMAND TO STOMP ON JESUS SIGN
Ryan Rotela, a junior at Florida Atlantic University (FAU), is waging a bizarre allegation against his professor, Dr. Deandre Poole.

The student is claiming that he’s been suspended from his intercultural communications class for refusing to write “JESUS” on a sheet of paper, throw it on the floor and then stomp on it — a request that the instructor apparently made.

If you’re already scratching your head, you’re not alone. The curious claim caught the attention of WPEC-TV, a South Florida CBS affiliate.

Rotela, a devout Mormon, says he refused to participate in the purported activity and told Poole that he found the request offensive.

But the situation purportedly became even more contentious a few days after the alleged paper incident occurred. After Rotela went to his professor’s supervisor to complain, he claims he was suspended from the class.

According to WPEC, here’s how the school responded to an inquiry about the situation:

“Faculty and students at academic institutions pursue knowledge and engage in open discourse. While at times the topics discussed may be sensitive, a university environment is a venue for such dialogue and debate.”

Watch the WPEC-TV show, below:
College Student Says He’s Been Suspended After He Refused Prof’s Demand to Stomp on Jesus Sign

Forum List

Back