Barack Obama: The Ghost of Columbia University

Is Columbia University in the habit of awarding cum laude status to students not attending their University?

BTW, I attended a similar university, pretty much kept to a small group of friends and probably couldn't name or recognize more than ten people who attended classes with me. I can name a handful of professors I had, but that's about it.

I'm about in the same boat. I have a pretty good memory, and frankly, I run into people I knew in college or HS who remember me but I couldn't remember their names if it was the winning answer on Jeopardy.

I also think a lot of this Right Wing angst about Obama is misdirected.

If it wasn't Obama, it would be Hillary up there right now.

The real problem is that the GOP has lost it's mojo. People don't trust it on the economy or national security anymore after Bush messed up... well, everything.

Trust once lost is hard to regain.

And frankly, speculating on where Obama was born or where he went to school isn't addressing your problem.

You all gotta admit this does sound strange.

What's strange is that you're still hammering this years after he was first elected, but the fact that there were no WMDs in Iraq is considered a non-issue! :eusa_eh:

Both Clintons thought Saddam had WMDS, so did Ted Kennedy, Gore, Kerry, the UN, the UK, France, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Germany, Russia.

But I guess you believe that Bush was so brilliant that he fooled all of these millions of people. But, I thought you said he was an idiot :cool:

All those others who believed it didn't commit us to a Trillion dollar war that killed 5000 Americans and 100,000 Iraqis.

If you are going to make that kind of commitment, you'd better be DAMNED sure. Bush didn't bother.

Well, Obama is kinda forgettable. For instance, remember all the promises he made, like balance the budget, end the wars, close Guantanamo bay, sunset the Bush era tax cuts, go line by line on bills... end corruption? Yeah, all the Obama-bots forgot about all of them promises, now they defend the war on terror, bailouts, mass money bombs dumped on the rich to play with in the markets and record deficits.

I seriously doubt Obama will be forgotten. We will be paying for years for his mis-deeds.

The Columbia story has me wondering. When a professor who taught the classes that Obama should have attended comes out and says that he doesn't remember Obama something just ain't right. And the fact that his records indicate the wasn't that great of a student at Occidental seems it VERY unlikely that an American could transfer to Columbia.

On the other hand there are those who do say they remember him. So what's up with that? There was a poem, I think, that was published at Columbia credited to Obama and used as proof he attended. All it really proves is that a article was printed that may have been written by Obama.

I think Obama is the Manchurian Canidate.

Nobody remembered seeing Bush at his National Guard Drills, either.

But the records indicate he was there.

:eek:

Cool story bro. So show us similar records about Obama's time at Columbia, then.

"It was a small class- about 700 students"

:lol::lol::lol:

What, do you think he's talking about a single course?

Does it matter? The guy is saying that he doesn't remember Obama out of 700 students. So, he's implying that he remembers the names and faces of 700 students from 30 years ago. He's full of shit.

I seriously doubt Obama will be forgotten. We will be paying for years for his mis-deeds.

The Columbia story has me wondering. When a professor who taught the classes that Obama should have attended comes out and says that he doesn't remember Obama something just ain't right. And the fact that his records indicate the wasn't that great of a student at Occidental seems it VERY unlikely that an American could transfer to Columbia.

On the other hand there are those who do say they remember him. So what's up with that? There was a poem, I think, that was published at Columbia credited to Obama and used as proof he attended. All it really proves is that a article was printed that may have been written by Obama.

I think Obama is the Manchurian Canidate.

Cool story bro. So show us similar records about Obama's time at Columbia, then.

Here you go

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/297650-the-obama-college-myth-debunked-by.html

"It was a small class- about 700 students"

:lol::lol::lol:

What, do you think he's talking about a single course?

Does it matter? The guy is saying that he doesn't remember Obama out of 700 students. So, he's implying that he remembers the names and faces of 700 students from 30 years ago. He's full of shit.

He is actually talking about a black man out of what was probably a handful and one with a "funny sounding" name to boot.

Here you go

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/297650-the-obama-college-myth-debunked-by.html

Nope. No sale.

That image has no sourcing behind it other than being a "find" by a project backed by Breitbart.com.

We have no way of ascertaining its authenticity.

I do see it as funny how you will suddenly accept something put up by Breitbart, however.

:lmao:

You all gotta admit this does sound strange.

What's strange is that you're still hammering this years after he was first elected, but the fact that there were no WMDs in Iraq is considered a non-issue! :eusa_eh:

Both Clintons thought Saddam had WMDS, so did Ted Kennedy, Gore, Kerry, the UN, the UK, France, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Germany, Russia.

But I guess you believe that Bush was so brilliant that he fooled all of these millions of people. But, I thought you said he was an idiot :cool:

Thanks for making my point. It's about who didn't want to find out that matters. None of the people or countries you mentioned ordered inspectors out. That was Bush's doing.

Thanks for making my point. It's about who didn't want to find out that matters. None of the people or countries you mentioned ordered inspectors out. That was Bush's doing.

They were UN inspectors, Bush had no control over them. The UN pulled them out for their safety and because Saddam would not allow them access to some sites.

The probable truth is that Saddam pulled a lie over the entire world because he wanted everyone to believe that he had WMDs.

Here you go

Nope. No sale.

That image has no sourcing behind it other than being a "find" by a project backed by Breitbart.com.

I do see it as funny how you will suddenly accept something put up by Breitbart, however.

So you don't think any official at Columbia University would come forward and say that when Obama claims to have graduated from their university cum laude, that he is lying? That's a whole lot of people in on one conspiracy.

Nope. No sale.

So you don't think any official at Columbia University would come forward and say that when Obama claims to have graduated from their university cum laude, that he is lying? That's a whole lot of people in on one conspiracy.

Please don't try to tell me what I think. Folks who do so are usually intent on skewing things. Or they're just not very good at it.

What I maintain is that Obama has made a concerted effort to hide his past (not counting his autobiographical accounts which may or may not be fiction).

I say it is MORE than passing odd, it is downright strange that a graduate of these Ivy League Schools would be SO damn intent on HIDING his own academic records. The fucking guy was the President of the Law Review at Harvard, for God's sake. It shouldn't be that difficult to imagine that he had some intellectual capacity to back up GETTING to Harvard and getting that Law Review gig.

And yet, no RECORDS.

We DO have an instance of at least one University official (a professor) denying that he ever saw Obama, by the way, so I am not sure why you ask that particular "rhetorical" question.

I can grok that the University would honor the confidentiality/request of a student who denies them the right to release his school records.

What is strange is why a guy who became a success even in Harvard Law would find it so important to conceal his academic history -- including his own financial applications.

Nope. No sale.

no one is claiming that he did not go there and get a degree. the question is how did he pay for it.

how many people would it take for the "bush and cheney did 9/11" conspiracy that some of you libs keep spouting?

Nope. No sale.

no one is claiming that he did not go there and get a degree. the question is how did he pay for it.

how many people would it take for the "bush and cheney did 9/11" conspiracy that some of you libs keep spouting?
a. Did you read the title of this thread?
b. I have no idea why you are bringing up bush and cheney
c. You have no credibility - you can't even answer one simple question posed to you - all you can do is post your racist bs. and yes, calling the President a "half breed from Hawaii" is racist.

You don't have to ask for confidentiality, you just don't ask for the transcripts. He just finished paying off his loans as president...and sthu, moron hater dupe...ay caramba.

Nope. No sale.

Please don't try to tell me what I think. Folks who do so are usually intent on skewing things. Or they're just not very good at it.

What I maintain is that Obama has made a concerted effort to hide his past (not counting his autobiographical accounts which may or may not be fiction).

I say it is MORE than passing odd, it is downright strange that a graduate of these Ivy League Schools would be SO damn intent on HIDING his own academic records. The fucking guy was the President of the Law Review at Harvard, for God's sake. It shouldn't be that difficult to imagine that he had some intellectual capacity to back up GETTING to Harvard and getting that Law Review gig.

And yet, no RECORDS.

We DO have an instance of at least one University official (a professor) denying that he ever saw Obama, by the way, so I am not sure why you ask that particular "rhetorical" question.

I can grok that the University would honor the confidentiality/request of a student who denies them the right to release his school records.

What is strange is why a guy who became a success even in Harvard Law would find it so important to conceal his academic history -- including his own financial applications.

Can you list the other Presidents who have released their college transcripts as a matter of course?

And yet, no RECORDS.

Can you list the other Presidents who have released their college transcripts as a matter of course?

for two, Bush II and Gore, neither were particularly impressive.

Nope. No sale.

You are so far off the mark it is funny you are commenting. Obama says almost nothing about Columbia and as far as I know he never made the clam of cum laude, that as at Harvard.

Forum List

Back