Barack says Michelle should be paid for being first lady

Just an opinion.....no need to get in a huff....

No, you refuse to give an opinion on the subject.

Was I expecting too much to request that a liberal give a thoughtful reply to the question?

Yes. Liberals idea of discussing something is either automatically being against whatever is being discussed by a conservative OR changing the subject.

I don't think they need to get paid, she is the First Lady, she doesn't have to do anything if they do not wish to.

Sure she had to live at the White House, but who the heck cares, she could have asked her husband not to run or she could divorce him. It's part of the deal.

I don't think they need to get paid, she is the First Lady, she doesn't have to do anything if they do not wish to.

Sure she had to live at the White House, but who the heck cares, she could have asked her husband not to run or she could divorce him. It's part of the deal.

Actually nobody suggested the FLOTUS should get paid. The OP linked to a blog with a blatant lie in its headline, and didn't bother to read the content. There's no topic here.

Actually nobody suggested the FLOTUS should get paid. The OP linked to a blog with a blatant lie in its headline, and didn't bother to read the content. There's no topic here.

But notice that none of the RWs actually read the link.

They can't think for themselves so they just pile on.

Doesn't change my opinion.

But notice that none of the RWs actually read the link.

They can't think for themselves so they just pile on.

I didn't pile on, I stated that the First Lady should not be paid, I made no reference to the President or the First Lady.

It simply means there exists no issue to have an opinion ON. It does not exist. Never did.

It simply means there exists no issue to have an opinion ON. It does not exist. Never did.

I can still have the opinion, just as you are expressing an opinion on not needing to have an opinion.

"I wanna make sure that when she's working she is getting paid the same as men, I gotta say that First Ladies RIGHT NOW DON'T, even though that's a tough job!"

By saying First Ladies don't get paid right now, it indicates that he believes they should. He said if she works, she should get paid then goes on to say it's a tough job being First Lady. He is certainly saying that she works as First Lady and should get paid any time she works.

I believe he would give her a salary if he could. As it is, she has more assistants than any other and some of those are handsomely paid. While she doesn't get a salary, she has enjoyed a lot of luxury at the tax payer's expense, certainly more than she would receive if she were in a paid position.

I can still have the opinion, just as you are expressing an opinion on not needing to have an opinion.

I'm not expressing an opinion. It's a fact.

"I wanna make sure that when she's working she is getting paid the same as men, I gotta say that First Ladies RIGHT NOW DON'T, even though that's a tough job!"

By saying First Ladies don't get paid right now, it indicates that he believes they should. He said if she works, she should get paid then goes on to say it's a tough job being First Lady. He is certainly saying that she works as First Lady and should get paid any time she works.

I believe he would give her a salary if he could. As it is, she has more assistants than any other and some of those are handsomely paid. While she doesn't get a salary, she has enjoyed a lot of luxury at the tax payer's expense, certainly more than she would receive if she were in a paid position.

Not only are you making a leap to something unsaid but -- your article doesn't even HAVE that quote.

Just making it up now?

Not only are you making a leap to something unsaid but -- your article doesn't even HAVE that quote.

Just making it up now?

Look up dozens of sources and that is what he actually said. No, I didn't make it up. He indicated that he thinks she should be paid. Fact.

Just making it up now?

Look up dozens of sources and that is what he actually said. No, I didn't make it up. He indicated that he thinks she should be paid. Fact.

Pfft. I don't need to look up jack squat. It ain't my assertion.

I do believe 10.10 is the federal minimum wage, seems like that is about what she is worth.

I'm not expressing an opinion. It's a fact.

Good for you, you can express a fact and I can express an opinion, now if you want you can eat a cookie.

Forum List

Back