Barr floats the idea that sending Feds to state voting site is justified

Kilroy2

Gold Member
Dec 22, 2018

Barr tries to justify Trumps suggestion about sending feds to polling places and quotes the civil rights act of 1965 to enforce civil rights. The act was used to enforce civil rights and ensure that voters were not harassed by state or local officials.

Yet this is what Trumps said. During an interview with Fox News' Chris Wallace last month, Trump said he would send "sheriffs, and we're going to have law enforcement, and we're going to have, hopefully, U.S. attorneys, and we're going to have everybody and attorneys general" to weed out voters who had not registered or were out to commit fraud.

So why can bar just say that and justify that they want to weed out voters who are not registered. Why does he have to say that they done it before to prevent black voters from being harassed.

This is the AG who cannot tell the difference between a law that is specific to stop voter harassment and trump suggestion that he wants to weed out voter fraud. How are sheriffs and law enforcement suppose to do that? Check voter registration cards or paperwork. Yet that what officials at voting polls do. It is what they done in past elections. Why under Trump does he have to send in the Feds? Another example of Trump lack of understanding of how the government works. Another example of him attempting to influence the election by abusing his power as the President during an election.

I see no problem with having law enforcement, federal or otherwise, on hand at the voting sites. It would reduce voter intimidation which has happened in our history. All elections should be free and fair.

I agree. And it would make sure the Rump Brownshirts aren't harassing people standing in line by asking them questions. Rump is going to have his private Army there to do just that. And it's illegal as hell. But since when did a little thing called Legal get in Rumps way before. What's a little Voter Fraud between Friends.

Personally, I don't like being talked to by anyone when I'm entering a polling place. They should all be at least 200 feet from the entrance. But I am fine with someone checking the validity of voter registrations. Democrats have fought against everything designed to insure fair elections for the last 4 years. That says something about them. MAGA.

Personally, I don't like being talked to by anyone when I'm entering a polling place. They should all be at least 200 feet from the entrance. But I am fine with someone checking the validity of voter registrations. Democrats have fought against everything designed to insure fair elections for the last 4 years. That says something about them. MAGA.

There is a person with that responsibility in the Polling area. And that is the ONLY Person that should be asking those questions. What Rumps hints at is having people outside the polling area asking questions of the people standing in line. He hasn't come out directly and said so but he's hinted at it. And you Rumpers can stop with the "Prove it" crap already.

Barr tries to justify Trumps suggestion about sending feds to polling places and quotes the civil rights act of 1965 to enforce civil rights. The act was used to enforce civil rights and ensure that voters were not harassed by state or local officials.

Yet this is what Trumps said. During an interview with Fox News' Chris Wallace last month, Trump said he would send "sheriffs, and we're going to have law enforcement, and we're going to have, hopefully, U.S. attorneys, and we're going to have everybody and attorneys general" to weed out voters who had not registered or were out to commit fraud.

So why can bar just say that and justify that they want to weed out voters who are not registered. Why does he have to say that they done it before to prevent black voters from being harassed.

This is the AG who cannot tell the difference between a law that is specific to stop voter harassment and trump suggestion that he wants to weed out voter fraud. How are sheriffs and law enforcement suppose to do that? Check voter registration cards or paperwork. Yet that what officials at voting polls do. It is what they done in past elections. Why under Trump does he have to send in the Feds? Another example of Trump lack of understanding of how the government works. Another example of him attempting to influence the election by abusing his power as the President during an election.

We can't let Putin hack our democracy by fake mail in ballots! Every vote must be double check for accuracy

why? because of you crooked,lying,cheats---the demoncrats

I see no problem with having law enforcement, federal or otherwise, on hand at the voting sites. It would reduce voter intimidation which has happened in our history. All elections should be free and fair.

I agree. And it would make sure the Rump Brownshirts aren't harassing people standing in line by asking them questions. Rump is going to have his private Army there to do just that. And it's illegal as hell. But since when did a little thing called Legal get in Rumps way before. What's a little Voter Fraud between Friends.
huh?

There is a person with that responsibility in the Polling area. And that is the ONLY Person that should be asking those questions. What Rumps hints at is having people outside the polling area asking questions of the people standing in line. He hasn't come out directly and said so but he's hinted at it. And you Rumpers can stop with the "Prove it" crap already.
prove it---link

Yeah why not. It is just a continuation of our slide into third world shit hole status that began under Trump.

when does the law get in the demoncrats way---or did you not see that prune face pelosi w/out a mask? and then for this creature to say IT was set up---no---ITS a brain dead demoncrat...prune face broke the law...and a covid law no less...we will be waiting for your response

why? because of you crooked,lying,cheats---the demoncrats

Well were is the proof of such accusations and the acceptance that repub cheating. Instead I am talking about the legality of it. Barr is trying to use the Civil rights Act as justification but it does not apply to what Trump is trying to do. In fact it is intimidation and harassment by the government lead by Trump.

Each state is responsible for the accuracy of the vote.

Whereas Trump publicly stated

In the battleground state of North Carolina Wednesday, Trump suggested to supporters that they should attempt to vote twice -- first by mail and then in person.

“They will vote and then they are going to have to check their vote by going to the poll and voting that way because if it tabulates then they won’t be able to do that. So, let them send it in, and let them go vote,” Trump said Wednesday in an interview with a North Carolina news station WECT.

Trump is openly cheating and repubs support it. He is encouraged to do so by his supporters.

So are u saying that there is voter intimidation and who is intimidating them? Election in the last 20 years has not had law enforcement or federal people at the polling place. Why does Trump feel the need to do it now.

We can't let Putin hack our democracy by fake mail in ballots! Every vote must be double check for accuracy

I would agree with that it is imperative that the accuracy of mail in ballots be check. It may take longer but at least it is being checked.

So are u saying that there is voter intimidation and who is intimidating them? Election in the last 20 years has not had law enforcement or federal people at the polling place. Why does Trump feel the need to do it now.
obviously because the asshole demoncrats are cheats, liars and brain dead, do anything to win, demoncrats. surprised you dont see that

Except the federal law enforcement that tRump sends WILL be the brownshirts.

Except the federal law enforcement that tRump sends WILL be the brownshirts.

And it's going to be up to the States to add their own presence to make sure that the Rump Brown Shirts obey the law.

Forum List

Back