Battle of Bakhmud won by Russia

I am not interested in playing Silver Cat ’s Russian game of bluff. But Russian propaganda, you know the kind that brags …

We Russians are all heroes, we don’t care if we die, we are real men and women and you Westerners are weak faggot pussies — so don’t push us too far!”
… is really weak soup that few will buy, let alone eat, especially after all Putin’s other threats made and not carried through.

My best guess is that more than half, maybe 4/5 of the Russian claimed nuclear deterrent is not even operational. Corruption went so deep that little was maintained properly. But even that would destroy the U.S. and start an unstoppable response that would end most human civilization. Maybe some folks outside of European Russia and North America would survive — but what is the point of speculating?

You can be sure the Pentagon and its RAND-like Think Tanks have already been working on how to respond to various more likely possibilities that Russia will carry out false flag operations involving anonymous use of chemical or biological explosions or even tactical nuclear strikes … in or on Ukraine.

Let us hope for a better day, and that better judgement somehow wins out in the end.

Last edited:
I am not interested in playing Silver Cat ’s Russian game of bluff. But Russian propaganda, you know the kind that brags …

… is really weak soup that few will buy, let alone eat, especially after all Putin’s other threats made and not carried through.

My best guess is that more than half, maybe 4/5 of the Russian claimed nuclear deterrent is not even operational. Corruption went so deep that little was maintained properly. But even that would destroy the U.S. and start an unstoppable response that would end most human civilization. Maybe some folks outside of European Russia and North America would survive — but what is the point of speculating?

You can be sure the Pentagon and its RAND-like Think Tanks have already been working on how to respond to various more likely possibilities that Russia will carry out false flag operations involving anonymous use of chemical or biological explosions or even tactical nuclear strikes … in or on Ukraine.

Let us hope for a better day, and that better judgement somehow wins out in the end.
Like all those tanks with the wire stripped out of them or parts sold off.....

The low quality tires on the vehicles instead of the expensive ones that the military vehicles really need....or all the IR goggles and scopes sold on the black market.

It's the "Russian " way of doing things.

The low quality tires on the vehicles instead of the expensive ones that the military vehicles really need....or all the IR goggles and scopes sold on the black market.

And when they think that it is safer to attack, than not to attack - they attack.

First - it doesn't matter, if the Russians are all selfless heroes or if they all are cowards. Even cowards fight back when they are attacked and it's safer to fight than to run.

My best guess is that more than half, maybe 4/5 of the Russian claimed nuclear deterrent is not even operational. Corruption went so deep that little was maintained properly.
Wishful thinking. Quite dangerous thing when we are talking about strategic deterrence. Previous world wars were started because of it.

But even that would destroy the U.S. and start an unstoppable response that would end most human civilization. Maybe some folks outside of European Russia and North America would survive — but what is the point of speculating?
Ok. Here are main targets for the Russian first counterforce strike:
07_29_01_us nuke targets.png

Do you really believe that the destruction of those targets and death of, say, five million Americans means the end of civilisation?
Or do you believe that American counter-value second strike against few half-empty, half-sheltered Russian cities (and death of less than one million of Russians) means the end of civilisation?

To have a better judgement you need a sober analysis of the situation. The root of the problem is the weakness of American nuclear deterrence. That's why the Russians decided that it is safer to attack Ukraine, or threat American interests in Middle East, Latin America, Africa, or support China.
First of all, we need really reliable and credible second strike capability (i.e. Deterrence Type I), which means, that the US retaliation strike (even after successful Russian counter-force strike) must be able to kill more than 70 million Russians (even if their ABD is ready, and their cities are half-evacuated, half-sheltered) and/or 500 million of Chinamen (even if they are well prepared, too).

Anything else is nothing but gambling with the national security.

You see... Biden said, that this war will be won at the economical frontline. So, the Russians don't see a reason to make his strategy more effective and ruin their economy. That's why their forces are cheap and reliable.

You see... Biden said, that this war will be won at the economical frontline. So, the Russians don't see a reason to make his strategy more effective and ruin their economy. That's why their forces are cheap and reliable.
So reliable! Look at all the progress they’ve made the past year and a half

When the Russians admit that they are losing in Ukraine and Bakhmut is looking like the whole city is going to be encircled....

The name of this thread is a joke.

First - it doesn't matter, if the Russians are all selfless heroes or if they all are cowards. Even cowards fight back when they are attacked and it's safer to fight than to run.

Wishful thinking. Quite dangerous thing when we are talking about strategic deterrence. Previous world wars were started because of it.

Ok. Here are main targets for the Russian first counterforce strike:
View attachment 785284
Do you really believe that the destruction of those targets and death of, say, five million Americans means the end of civilisation?
Or do you believe that American counter-value second strike against few half-empty, half-sheltered Russian cities (and death of less than one million of Russians) means the end of civilisation?

To have a better judgement you need a sober analysis of the situation. The root of the problem is the weakness of American nuclear deterrence. That's why the Russians decided that it is safer to attack Ukraine, or threat American interests in Middle East, Latin America, Africa, or support China.
First of all, we need really reliable and credible second strike capability (i.e. Deterrence Type I), which means, that the US retaliation strike (even after successful Russian counter-force strike) must be able to kill more than 70 million Russians (even if their ABD is ready, and their cities are half-evacuated, half-sheltered) and/or 500 million of Chinamen (even if they are well prepared, too).

Anything else is nothing but gambling with the national security.
It’s most ironic how so many Americans believe the Russian military is incompetent and corrupt. It is dangerous thinking. Plus our own military has been a terrible failure against very weak opponents.

I believe Col MacGregor is correct. He states Russia went in lightly in the hopes of achieving a quick peace agreement. He says now they’ve mobilized a huge army and will bleed Ukraine of its military force, while incurring few casualties. Dumb Americans think this reflects weakness of their military.

This war and the provocative and deceptive actions by the West has resulted in Russia massively increasing the size of their military. They must know now they can’t trust the west, after all the lies. They’ll happily ignore economic relations with the West and seek closer ties with China and the rest of Asia.

There are reports of Russians fleeing Klishchiivka (SE of Bakhmut) rear staging area due to being pounded with accurate mortar fire.

North of Bakhmut there are also reports of Russian defense lines being completely abandoned and chaos as the Russians flee. The reservoir has been abandoned by Russia.

The entire city of Bakhmut is about to be encircled while defenders inside of Bakhmut have also made gains inside the city up to the rail lines lost to Wagner a couple of weeks ago.
The "road of life" has been cleared of encroaching Russians.....

IOW three weeks of fighting and slow advances of Russians has been undone in a single day. And this isn't even the "counter-offensive " that has been discussed ad nauseum. These are just reconnaissance in force platoons probing attacks.

The real counter-offensive has not even started yet.

There are reports of Russians fleeing Klishchiivka (SE of Bakhmut) rear staging area due to being pounded with accurate mortar fire.

North of Bakhmut there are also reports of Russian defense lines being completely abandoned and chaos as the Russians flee. The reservoir has been abandoned by Russia.

The entire city of Bakhmut is about to be encircled while defenders inside of Bakhmut have also made gains inside the city up to the rail lines lost to Wagner a couple of weeks ago.
The "road of life" has been cleared of encroaching Russians.....

IOW three weeks of fighting and slow advances of Russians has been undone in a single day. And this isn't even the "counter-offensive " that has been discussed ad nauseum. These are just reconnaissance in force platoons probing attacks.

The real counter-offensive has not even started yet.
Tell me how many men Ukraine has at the front? How many does Russia have at the front?

Can you tell me the casualty figures for both since the war began?

Give me your best guesses.

Tell me how many men Ukraine has at the front? How many does Russia have at the front?

Can you tell me the casualty figures for both since the war began?

Give me your best guesses.
Hey, you are capable of searching just as well as I am.
"If only there was a way to access information.....you know like a web of information around the whole planet "

Maybe then the answer could be known.

However, your ignoring of the post I made and going to these questions tells me that you HATE what I said....because Putin is your but buddy. (No surprise there)

You really don't understand war...obviously. it's not a bunch of numbers and statistics like baseball or soccer. This is not a game that can be played. This is human life. You may be Putin's tool....and don't have the cognitive skills to be anything more (despite your personal opinion) The proof is in your actions....not your questions.

"If only there was a way to access information.....you know like a web of information around the whole planet "

However, your ignoring of the post I made and going to these questions tells me that you HATE what I said....because Putin is your but buddy. (No surprise there)

You really don't understand war...obviously. it's not a bunch of numbers and statistics like baseball or soccer. This is not a game that can be played. This is human life. You may be Putin's tool....and don't have the cognitive skills to be anything more (despite your personal opinion) The proof is in your actions....not your questions.

Well the MSM said that a bazillion Russians have been killed and Ukraine has lost only enough to field a football team

Okay. How about this? Col. MacGregor has consistently asserted the Ukes have incurred massive casualties. Something like 200,000 dead and 300,000 to 400,000 wounded, while Russia has about 30,000 dead and 60,000 to 70,000 wounded. Are these numbers accurate?

Forum List

Back