Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

the question was about God. Christians believe that Jesus was God incarnate, others believe otherwise, muslims believe the Mohammed was the messenger or God. Hindus worship many sub Gods but only one supreme being. Islam is the largest religion in the world and yes, they do not accept Jesus, so what? This started with you claiming that there is no proof of God, now you have gone way off that topic trying to change the subject. We all understand who and what you are.
What I’d like to know is why leftists hate religion so much.

There’s only one G-d.

And why do you care if the majority of Americans believe in Him? Why ridicule us when you are in the minority?
Jews, Muslims and Christians all worship a different god.

The gods Jew worship did not send his own son to earth in human form so their god is clearly not the god of Christians

Muslims worship a god who appointed Mohammed as his last and most important prophet so the Muslim god is clearly not the same god as the Jews or Christians

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Why do you bother trying to engage the likes of rightwinger on terms of good faith when he violates the rules of his very own thread, i.e., the rules that are supposed to govern discourse in Zone 1 discussions?
I don't recall having any problems with rightwinger. Rightwinger and I see things from different perspectives, and I think he has been remarkably patient with me. Perhaps we both understand we have lived through different experiences.

The gods Jew worship did not send his own son to earth in human form so their god is clearly not the god of Christians

Muslims worship a god who appointed Mohammed as his last and most important prophet so the Muslim god is clearly not the same god as the Jews or Christians
its the same God, just different rituals and doctrines.

Those are secular rules, not religious rules. you are really ignorant, aren't you?

The religious right wants the right to discriminate against gays and gay marriage because of their religious beliefs

That s not secular

its the same God, just different rituals and doctrines.
No.

These beliefs are not merely different they are exclusionary of each other.

Jews do not acknowledge Jesus as the son of god or as a prophet.
Muslims do not recognize Jesus as the son of god but they do recognize him as a prophet but a lesser prophet than Mohammed.

I don't recall having any problems with rightwinger. Rightwinger and I see things from different perspectives, and I think he has been remarkably patient with me. Perhaps we both understand we have lived through different experiences.
He is a left wing plant, probably gets paid for posting left wing lies and BS on this forum.

That’s not true AT ALL. It‘s the same G-d. Jews do not believe Jesus was his son. Christians do. But it’s the same G-d. Same thing with Muslims.

The religious right wants the right to discriminate against gays and gay marriage because of their religious beliefs

That s not secular
They want to live by their beliefs, just as you do. We do not all think the same, that's why we have a representative republic where the majority vote prevails.

The kickback against gay rights and gay marriage came from the Christian right
They used their religion as a justification to discriminate against gays.

Don’t pretend that Christian’s “accept and love gays”
Love and acceptance is a two-way street. What is given is returned--and maybe that is why we see the situation differently. If any group snarls at another that they are being oppressed, not accepted, etc. one of the end result is the two groups, at best, simply ignoring each other. In the area I grew up, there was never much of an issue, at least not one that I saw. This was back when before gay marriage where we were working towards civil unions so couples had hospital visitation rights and estate rights as well.

ask the Pope, its not my call. the catholic church denied communion to Pelosi, I don't agree with much that the pope does.
Seems to me you should check on that so you don't make incorrect statements about homosexuals getting married in all churches

Forum List

Back