"Believe me," he says...Why believe one who routinely equivocates on their own words and themes?

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
From the first time Trump talked about bringing manufacturing jobs back to the U.S., it was clear that nothing Trump says should be believed. I have pointed this out numerous times on USMB.
This past weekend, in response to a direct question whether Trump's immigration policy will include a deportation force, the campaign's manager Kellyanne Conway says, "To be determined."

WTH!!!???!!!

November 2015

Okay, so independently of what Trump has averred he will do, I certainly understand why she said "to be determined." Quite simply, it's very likely she's got more sense than does Trump about what it'd take to deport ~11M people.

But that's not the point. What is the point? Literally millions of Americans have backed Trump precisely because of his promise to deport undocumented immigrants in the U.S. When asked how flexible he is about that during one of the GOP debates in March, Fox host Megyn Kelly asked Trump whether he told the New York Times editorial board in an off-the-record interview that he was "flexible" on his deportation plan. Trump said, "Not very flexible. No, not very flexible. ...

The reality is that just as last week Trump put effort into trying to appeal to blacks, this week he's doing the same re: Latinos. For some reason this man thinks that Latinos are going to believe that he's suddenly changed his views regarding them and immigration issues. Who's more naive? Them or Trump?

And now, yet again, we voters are going to have to listen to a week of Trump surrogates trying to explain how Ms. Conway's "to be determined" remark is not a "flip flop" on his illegal immigration policy.

And just what do I think is Trump's "fair and humane" way of treating illegal immigrants? I suspect it means they'll be given food and water, maybe even blankets, as they are shipped, bused, flown, marched, etc. out of the U.S. and dropped off on the other side of our borders.

Sidebar:
Why is Ms. Conway even a part of the Trump campaign? I happen to think it's all about two things:
  1. The paycheck
  2. Conway has also been a long-time employee of Trump's running mate Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.
Over the years, I've come to find that lots of folks will for enough money discard whatever principles they had. I've never doubted that Trump is one of those types. I see now that Conway is too; Mike Pence isn't running for President.

Want more proof that Conway just outright lied? Listen to her remarks this past weekend about what she claims she didn't' know when she made her tax return transparency comment.

Well, Trump had already stated by March 31st of 2016, if not before, that being under audit is why he won't release his tax returns. At the time, she was Ted Cruz's campaign manager, so you know just as I do that woman was well aware when she made the comment that Trump was under audit.​

End of sidebar.

From the first time Trump talked about bringing manufacturing jobs back to the U.S., it was clear that nothing Trump says should be believed. I have pointed this out numerous times on USMB.
This past weekend, in response to a direct question whether Trump's immigration policy will include a deportation force, the campaign's manager Kellyanne Conway says, "To be determined."

WTH!!!???!!!

November 2015

Okay, so independently of what Trump has averred he will do, I certainly understand why she said "to be determined." Quite simply, it's very likely she's got more sense than does Trump about what it'd take to deport ~11M people.

But that's not the point. What is the point? Literally millions of Americans have backed Trump precisely because of his promise to deport undocumented immigrants in the U.S. When asked how flexible he is about that during one of the GOP debates in March, Fox host Megyn Kelly asked Trump whether he told the New York Times editorial board in an off-the-record interview that he was "flexible" on his deportation plan. Trump said, "Not very flexible. No, not very flexible. ...

The reality is that just as last week Trump put effort into trying to appeal to blacks, this week he's doing the same re: Latinos. For some reason this man thinks that Latinos are going to believe that he's suddenly changed his views regarding them and immigration issues. Who's more naive? Them or Trump?

And now, yet again, we voters are going to have to listen to a week of Trump surrogates trying to explain how Ms. Conway's "to be determined" remark is not a "flip flop" on his illegal immigration policy.

And just what do I think is Trump's "fair and humane" way of treating illegal immigrants? I suspect it means they'll be given food and water, maybe even blankets, as they are shipped, bused, flown, marched, etc. out of the U.S. and dropped off on the other side of our borders.

Sidebar:
Why is Ms. Conway even a part of the Trump campaign? I happen to think it's all about two things:
  1. The paycheck
  2. Conway has also been a long-time employee of Trump's running mate Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.
Over the years, I've come to find that lots of folks will for enough money discard whatever principles they had. I've never doubted that Trump is one of those types. I see now that Conway is too; Mike Pence isn't running for President.

Want more proof that Conway just outright lied? Listen to her remarks this past weekend about what she claims she didn't' know when she made her tax return transparency comment.

Well, Trump had already stated by March 31st of 2016, if not before, that being under audit is why he won't release his tax returns. At the time, she was Ted Cruz's campaign manager, so you know just as I do that woman was well aware when she made the comment that Trump was under audit.​

End of sidebar.

Goodness, all those lies!!

He['s more of a politician than I thought.

Ranks right up there with the Clintons and Obama

Trump has also said: "I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me."

That isn't dishonest. It's delusional. Literally delusional.

So we have a candidate who (a) is delusional, (b) displays an almost complete menu of Narcissistic Personality Disorder symptoms, and (c) communicates almost exclusively in hyperbole.

Agreed, he's running against someone who is essentially the definition of shifty, dishonest politician. But reasonable people can't be blamed for preferring the latter to the former.

WTH!!!???!!!

November 2015

Sidebar:
  1. The paycheck

End of sidebar.

What? Deflection? No way!

WTH!!!???!!!

November 2015

Sidebar:
  1. The paycheck

End of sidebar.

Deflection?

I agreed he is a liar, and named a few of his peers.

How is that deflection?

WTH!!!???!!!

November 2015

Sidebar:
  1. The paycheck

End of sidebar.

Deflection?

How is that deflection?

The master of deflection accuses others of deflection.

It must be some kind of communicable disease lefties have....to always accuse others of exactly what they do.

WTH!!!???!!!

November 2015

Sidebar:
  1. The paycheck

End of sidebar.

Deflection?

How is that deflection?

You brought up the opposition when the subject is Trump. That is deflecting attention away from him and onto his opposition. If you had simply commented on Trump, it wouldn't have been deflection.

Surely you understand.

WTH!!!???!!!

November 2015

Sidebar:
  1. The paycheck

End of sidebar.

Deflection?

How is that deflection?

It must be some kind of communicable disease lefties have....to always accuse others of exactly what they do.

You could count on one hand the number of times that I have deflected in posts here. I announce it when I do it. I actually tell you that I am about to deflect.

What you have just done is called lying.

WTH!!!???!!!

November 2015

Sidebar:
  1. The paycheck

End of sidebar.

Deflection?

How is that deflection?

You could count on one hand the number of times that I have deflected in posts here. I announce it when I do it. I actually tell you that I am about to deflect.

I don't think you understand what deflection is.

WTH!!!???!!!

November 2015

Sidebar:
  1. The paycheck

End of sidebar.

Deflection?

How is that deflection?

I notice that you thanked Gipper's post. Do you think his post was a deflection?

WTH!!!???!!!

November 2015

Sidebar:
  1. The paycheck

End of sidebar.

Deflection?

How is that deflection?

I notice that you thanked Gipper's post. Do you think his post was a deflection?

Is Hillary a liar?

Yes or no???

It is not a trick question.

Deflection?

How is that deflection?

I don't think you understand what deflection is.

It is exactly what you did in your first post in this thread. That is deflection. You know it....but for some reading you feel the need to deny it.

WTH!!!???!!!

November 2015

Sidebar:
  1. The paycheck

End of sidebar.

Deflection?

How is that deflection?

Is Hillary a liar?

Yes or no???

It is not a trick question.

Start a thread on it and tag me. I will answer without deflection. Perhaps you will learn how it is done.

How is it deflection when someone points out that of only two candidates for POTUS, one is a liar, while ignoring the fact that the other choice is a much bigger liar? It is not deflection. It is logic...something you apparently lack.

WTH!!!???!!!

November 2015

Sidebar:
  1. The paycheck

End of sidebar.

Of the two....hilary is the bigger liar...and she sold her public office for money, laundering it through the clinton foundation...so if you put their sins on scales to weigh them...hers are bigger, and because of that..she needs to be kept out of the White HOuse.....

And her decisions got 4 men murdered, and created the greatest refugee crisis since World War 2...so again...she has shown she is a criminal, and incompetent.....she has disqualified herself again and again....

Trump....gets a chance...then we can vote him out...

How is it deflection when someone points out that of only two candidates for POTUS, one is a liar, while ignoring the fact that the other choice is a much bigger liar? It is not deflection. It is logic...something you apparently lack.

You really don't know what deflection is. It's remarkable.

It's simple. In a thread about Trump lying, talk about Trump lying.....or present an opposing viewpoint. Don't try to change the subject to Hillary lying. That is deflection. And.....it is fucking boring.

Really. It is that simple.

WTH!!!???!!!

November 2015

Sidebar:
  1. The paycheck

End of sidebar.

Whats Tour point? Os trump president yet?

Millions backed Obama on:

Hope and change

Transparent government

Keep your doctor

Shovel ready jobs

Cheeper Premiums cheaper deductables

The Iraq war os over

Se ha ve terorrist on the run hey are JV.

And on and on...

Did he deliver one thing?

You really don't know what deflection is. It's remarkable.

It's simple. In a thread about Trump lying, talk about Trump lying.....or present an opposing viewpoint. Don't try to change the subject to Hillary lying. That is deflection. And.....it is fucking boring.

Really. It is that simple.
Again you must try to understand logic...I know it is difficult.

Two choices, condemning one while ignoring the other much worse choice, is the act of a dumb-ass partisan.

Do you comprehend?

Forum List

Back