🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson: ‘I Do Believe in the Six-Day Creation’ of the World

Someone asked "Why is't Ben Carson crucified for his YEC beliefs?"

The answer is--He was crucified for his YEC beliefs long before he decided to run for president!! Research his history and you will realize what a world class nut he is.

To think there are people out there that wanted him to run for president. So the nation can have a laugh?

Ben Carson has some very eccentric beliefs. Beliefs that I doubt many conservatives on this board can stomach. I'm just waiting for one of them to realize that Huckabee is not so bad in comparison!!

The answer is--He was crucified for his YEC beliefs long before he decided to run for president!! Research his history and you will realize what a world class nut he is.

To think there are people out there that wanted him to run for president. So the nation can have a laugh?

Ben Carson has some very eccentric beliefs. Beliefs that I doubt many conservatives on this board can stomach. I'm just waiting for one of them to realize that Huckabee is not so bad in comparison!!

Would you concede that he is as believable as Hillary and her server and emails are? Come on now, be honest.

No it isn't and only a layman who doesn't know much about it would say such a thing. How easy it is to say something, the bugwits in Isis make the same claim, science is bunk. I don't give their remarks any thought either.
What he means is that there are still some dingbats that think that all the dinosaurs from different periods existed at the same time people did.

Is that what you believe? That's fine by me. I really could care less.
Yeah we can tell you dont care because you replied to my post.

I find you and the other "scientist" amusing. Trying but amusing.

Like a janitor watching the moonshot finds the astronauts amusing.

If Obama had a son, he be just like you. You're a true narcissist. Self absorbed, self glorifying, self congratulatory, total a-hole.

It take Michael Osama six days to figure out which hair straightener to use before it's next field trip.

He supports illegal aliens and is a HUGE fan of affirmative action.. He's another obama and conservatives need to see that.

You do know that Darwin was a batshit crazy agoraphobic hypochondriac agnostic right? But you believe him cuz he boiled a few thousand birds lol
Well really it's because the evidence supports most of his ideas.
Yes but there is no real evidence of creation. Only theories. Science sometimes requires as much faith as religion.
Science says, "The world works like this, but I could be wrong."

You won't hear a religious person say, "There is a God, but I could be wrong."
I'm not religious but I've seen no answers to creation that satisfy me. I have to have faith in something because obviously we are here. So I'm open to a divine creator. Why not?

I do believe in evolution as well. I believe in a little bit of both.

Miracles and evolution.
I believe in God, but only because I had an experience which was personal to me. Up until that moment, I was a militant atheist. My conversion moment was very much like Saul/Paul's.

I also love science. I spent most of my life in the field of science, and still am an avid student of science.

I have no conflicts at all between my faith and my knowledge. There are certainly a lot of unknowns in both, which makes life all that much more interesting.
I know exactly what you mean. God entered my life in a miraculous way that I could never explain. But I truly do believe in both science and God.

LOL,,,,

So pretty much he doesn't believe in science. he's a fundamentalist!!! Kind of like the muslim brotherhood or isis.

Republicans are transforming into a anti-science party.

It’s too bad (for me) the easy mark here is the literal six day belief of his, because most of all the other observations he points out I think are fairly accurate or likely.

To me a young earth creationist is far less off the mark than an evolutionist.

But even that is not tragic by any means. The real sorrowful crux of this subject is the difference between an evolutionist who believes in God as the creator and those who do not. Some will not even concede any intelligent design. Standing firm on no evidence for a supreme being (inconceivable) is far more bewildering to me than one who believes in creationism.

You don't understand that science is in fact 'standing firm on evidence, and if the evidence isn't there it isn't proven'. As we do not have direct evidence of the beginning of the universe, though we do know when it began, science is working on how it came about.

However, that doesn't mean you fill the gap by saying MY god did it. Every single person who has their own version of god makes the same claim.

Children believe in magic, adults are supposed to deal with reality. But some have a hard time facing reality so they remain, in their heads, children who need magic to be real because reality is too scary.

Scientists aren't afraid of the answer either way.

But religious people are and that fear is exactly why religion exists.

So pretty much he doesn't believe in science. he's a fundamentalist!!! Kind of like the muslim brotherhood or isis.

All that one can say about Carson is that he is more educated (if medical education counts as anything but high-level vocational training). BUT, he has that mild mannered, soft-spoken way to conceal some of the most retrograde social and political attitudes seen in a long, long time.

You don't understand that science is in fact 'standing firm on evidence, and if the evidence isn't there it isn't proven'...
You are right, I don't understand.

>>However, that doesn't mean you fill the gap by saying MY god did it. Every single person who has their own version of god makes the same claim.<<

Except every single person who has their own version of god does not have nearly the same degree of empirical evidence, historical record, and supportive reasoning for their god as that which exists for Judeo-Christianity.

>>Children believe in magic, adults are supposed to deal with reality. But some have a hard time facing reality so they remain, in their heads, children who need magic to be real because reality is too scary.<<

Yes some choose to remain children as you say….

Still others choose to remain blind as they, too, have a hard time accepting realities or untenable matters that go against their preferred outcomes. IOW, I wouldn’t act so smug. There are thousands of scientists with no axe to grind who doubt many of your published “facts” in text books, et al. Many signed on to public lists of refutation. If you say most are God believers that is why they reject evolution that would not make sense because God surely could have created the world via an evolutionary process. It is those, like Dawkins, who are adamant there is no evidence for Intelligent Design. And you call that science? Here is Dawkins in his book The Blind Watchmaker --- Evolutionist high priest Richard Dawkins says in his book - - - "Natural selection is the blind watchmaker, blind because it does not see ahead, does not plan consequences, has no purpose in view. Yet the living results of natural selection overwhelmingly impress us with the appearance of design as if by a master watchmaker, impress us with the illusion of design and planning.”

“the illusion of design.” --- so convincing, so scientific!

>>Scientists aren't afraid of the answer either way.<<

Enough with the canonizations. Science almost always cowers away when asked “does your findings not suggest a supreme being?” they will retort “we are not in the business of proving God.”

Well that may be true, but they sure appear to be diligently in the business of trying to disprove God.

Anyone that has a problem with Carson on this should have a problem with all christians. Being a Christian means believing in divine creation and the death and resurrection of the God-Man, Jesus. Both Obama and Hillary perfess to be christians. Do they not believe these things also, or are they lying about being christians for political reasons?

I agree with him. God created the world in six days. I just don't know how long one of God's days was prior to the fall

The press is letting this slide because he's black but if a white candidate said this, the press would crucify him.

oct 1 2015 Dr. Ben Carson, a pediatric neurosurgeon, National Academy of Sciences Institute of Medicine member, and the author of six best-selling books, said he believes in the six-day creation as described in the Bible and that there is abundant geological evidence there was a worldwide flood.

“You go back to the very first chapter in the Bible -- and I’m not a hard and fast person who says the Earth is only 6,000 years old -- but I do believe in the six-day creation,” he said.

“It says, in the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth,” continued Dr. Carson. “It doesn’t say when He created them except for in the beginning. The Earth could have been here for a long time before he started creating things on it.”

“But when He did start doing that, He made it very specifically clear to us: the evening and the morning were the next day,” said Carson. “Because He knew that people would come along and try to say, ‘oh, it was millions and millions of years.’”

In reference to Darwinian evolution, Dr. Carson continued, “And then what else did He say in the very first chapter? That each thing brought forth after its own kind. Because He knew people would come along and say, you know, this changed into that and this changed into that, and this into that.”

Maybe the press is paying attention to other things atm?

The press is letting this slide because he's black but if a white candidate said this, the press would crucify him.

oct 1 2015 Dr. Ben Carson, a pediatric neurosurgeon, National Academy of Sciences Institute of Medicine member, and the author of six best-selling books, said he believes in the six-day creation as described in the Bible and that there is abundant geological evidence there was a worldwide flood.

“You go back to the very first chapter in the Bible -- and I’m not a hard and fast person who says the Earth is only 6,000 years old -- but I do believe in the six-day creation,” he said.

“It says, in the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth,” continued Dr. Carson. “It doesn’t say when He created them except for in the beginning. The Earth could have been here for a long time before he started creating things on it.”

“But when He did start doing that, He made it very specifically clear to us: the evening and the morning were the next day,” said Carson. “Because He knew that people would come along and try to say, ‘oh, it was millions and millions of years.’”

In reference to Darwinian evolution, Dr. Carson continued, “And then what else did He say in the very first chapter? That each thing brought forth after its own kind. Because He knew people would come along and say, you know, this changed into that and this changed into that, and this into that.”

As your quoted article notes, Carson also allows that there may have been a long amount of time before God began creating things on the Earth. He's talked about this before: He agrees that the Earth could be billions of years old and says that he's talking about the period of time *after* God began creating things on the Earth.

If Carson fancies himself a good Christian, why did he separate Siamese twins?

"Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." Mark10:9

He may be right. Before the Earth existed along with the Sun "days" weren't a fixed unit of measurment. :)

I doubt the guys who wrote the Bible thought a day was anything other than a day.

Astronomical reality is a day is not necessarily 24 hours long. At the time of creation, until the Moon exited, the Sun, and the Earth together a "day" wouldn't mean anything.

Could meant galactic days too. Though even then it'd only amount to ~3.7 mil years our time. :)

That's hillarious considering liberals think the government shits money. As least Carson knows money doesn't simply appear to get dispersed via liberal goodness.

Forum List

Back