🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson: ‘I Do Believe in the Six-Day Creation’ of the World

You don't understand that science is in fact 'standing firm on evidence, and if the evidence isn't there it isn't proven'...
You are right, I don't understand.

>>However, that doesn't mean you fill the gap by saying MY god did it. Every single person who has their own version of god makes the same claim.<<

Except every single person who has their own version of god does not have nearly the same degree of empirical evidence, historical record, and supportive reasoning for their god as that which exists for Judeo-Christianity.

>>Children believe in magic, adults are supposed to deal with reality. But some have a hard time facing reality so they remain, in their heads, children who need magic to be real because reality is too scary.<<

Yes some choose to remain children as you say….

Still others choose to remain blind as they, too, have a hard time accepting realities or untenable matters that go against their preferred outcomes. IOW, I wouldn’t act so smug. There are thousands of scientists with no axe to grind who doubt many of your published “facts” in text books, et al. Many signed on to public lists of refutation. If you say most are God believers that is why they reject evolution that would not make sense because God surely could have created the world via an evolutionary process. It is those, like Dawkins, who are adamant there is no evidence for Intelligent Design. And you call that science? Here is Dawkins in his book The Blind Watchmaker --- Evolutionist high priest Richard Dawkins says in his book - - - "Natural selection is the blind watchmaker, blind because it does not see ahead, does not plan consequences, has no purpose in view. Yet the living results of natural selection overwhelmingly impress us with the appearance of design as if by a master watchmaker, impress us with the illusion of design and planning.”

“the illusion of design.” --- so convincing, so scientific!

>>Scientists aren't afraid of the answer either way.<<

Enough with the canonizations. Science almost always cowers away when asked “does your findings not suggest a supreme being?” they will retort “we are not in the business of proving God.”

Well that may be true, but they sure appear to be diligently in the business of trying to disprove God.

"Except every single person who has their own version of god does not have nearly the same degree of empirical evidence, historical record, and supportive reasoning for their god as that which exists for Judeo-Christianity."

Every religion makes the same claim, sorry.

Believe in magic if that makes you feel good, many people need to and as long as you and they keep that in your church and your house and don't force anyone else to believe as you do no problem. I live in reality. It would be great if there were an invisible flying grandpa in the sky. Where's the evidence?

There have been, in human history, around 40,000 deities that people have worshipped. Right now on Earth there are maybe 4,000 that people worship.

You are an atheist regarding 3,999 of those. I am an agnostic regarding all 4,000. You just believe in one more god than I do.

And there is no proof of any of them. Human beings have needed 'gods' for the last 10,000 years to try to explain and control all the things in nature that were killing them. Drought, famine, lightning, floods, fires, volcanoes. They didn't understand these things.

We do. There are no gods, there is physics and chemistry. You have proof to the contrary, other than a 'book' someone wrote 2,000 years ago before humanity knew what caused all those things, I'm all ears.

I have no problem if a 'god' were found. Reality is to be accepted as is. But so far no evidence and belief in 'gods' by humans has always been as children believe in Santa because they don't know any better.

We know better, that's all.

You don't understand that science is in fact 'standing firm on evidence, and if the evidence isn't there it isn't proven'...

>>However, that doesn't mean you fill the gap by saying MY god did it. Every single person who has their own version of god makes the same claim.<<

Except every single person who has their own version of god does not have nearly the same degree of empirical evidence, historical record, and supportive reasoning for their god as that which exists for Judeo-Christianity.

>>Children believe in magic, adults are supposed to deal with reality. But some have a hard time facing reality so they remain, in their heads, children who need magic to be real because reality is too scary.<<

Still others choose to remain blind as they, too, have a hard time accepting realities or untenable matters that go against their preferred outcomes. IOW, I wouldn’t act so smug. There are thousands of scientists with no axe to grind who doubt many of your published “facts” in text books, et al. Many signed on to public lists of refutation. If you say most are God believers that is why they reject evolution that would not make sense because God surely could have created the world via an evolutionary process. It is those, like Dawkins, who are adamant there is no evidence for Intelligent Design. And you call that science? Here is Dawkins in his book The Blind Watchmaker --- Evolutionist high priest Richard Dawkins says in his book - - - "Natural selection is the blind watchmaker, blind because it does not see ahead, does not plan consequences, has no purpose in view. Yet the living results of natural selection overwhelmingly impress us with the appearance of design as if by a master watchmaker, impress us with the illusion of design and planning.”

Enough with the canonizations. Science almost always cowers away when asked “does your findings not suggest a supreme being?” they will retort “we are not in the business of proving God.”

Well that may be true, but they sure appear to be diligently in the business of trying to disprove God.

"Except every single person who has their own version of god does not have nearly the same degree of empirical evidence, historical record, and supportive reasoning for their god as that which exists for Judeo-Christianity."

Believe in magic if that makes you feel good, many people need to and as long as you and they keep that in your church and your house and don't force anyone else to believe as you do no problem. I live in reality. It would be great if there were an invisible flying grandpa in the sky. Where's the evidence?

There have been, in human history, around 40,000 deities that people have worshipped. Right now on Earth there are maybe 4,000 that people worship.

You are an atheist regarding 3,999 of those. I am an agnostic regarding all 4,000. You just believe in one more god than I do.

And there is no proof of any of them. Human beings have needed 'gods' for the last 10,000 years to try to explain and control all the things in nature that were killing them. Drought, famine, lightning, floods, fires, volcanoes. They didn't understand these things.

We do. There are no gods, there is physics and chemistry. You have proof to the contrary, other than a 'book' someone wrote 2,000 years ago before humanity knew what caused all those things, I'm all ears.

I have no problem if a 'god' were found. Reality is to be accepted as is. But so far no evidence and belief in 'gods' by humans has always been as children believe in Santa because they don't know any better.

You have enough trouble defending your own positions, yet spend an inordinate amount of time providing words carelessly explaining mine.

>>There are no gods, there is physics and chemistry. You have proof to the contrary, other than a 'book' someone wrote 2,000 years ago before humanity knew what caused all those things, I'm all ears.<<

You’re all ears? I dare say you spent zero dedicated time examining the subject, yet speak with such authority.

>>Believe in magic if that makes you feel good, many people need to and as long as you and they keep that in your church and your house and don't force anyone else to believe as you do no problem. <<

Force? That’s a lark. Incidentally, you need not worry that you are forcing anyone to buy into your baseless bravado.

>>I live in reality. It would be great if there were an invisible flying grandpa in the sky. Where's the evidence?<<

I dare say it is beyond your present reach. Best stick close to Richard Dawkins who says natural selection is mindless and life and evolution have the “illusion of a designer.” Oh, it’s an illusion? Yes, that is solid science.

The press is letting this slide because he's black but if a white candidate said this, the press would crucify him.

oct 1 2015 Dr. Ben Carson, a pediatric neurosurgeon, National Academy of Sciences Institute of Medicine member, and the author of six best-selling books, said he believes in the six-day creation as described in the Bible and that there is abundant geological evidence there was a worldwide flood.

“You go back to the very first chapter in the Bible -- and I’m not a hard and fast person who says the Earth is only 6,000 years old -- but I do believe in the six-day creation,” he said.

“It says, in the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth,” continued Dr. Carson. “It doesn’t say when He created them except for in the beginning. The Earth could have been here for a long time before he started creating things on it.”

“But when He did start doing that, He made it very specifically clear to us: the evening and the morning were the next day,” said Carson. “Because He knew that people would come along and try to say, ‘oh, it was millions and millions of years.’”

In reference to Darwinian evolution, Dr. Carson continued, “And then what else did He say in the very first chapter? That each thing brought forth after its own kind. Because He knew people would come along and say, you know, this changed into that and this changed into that, and this into that.”

no one should be "allowed to slide" on that issue.

but it's not like the "base" is going to object.

and the rest of us already know he's a nutter
You're the nutter sweetie....What is a day before the earth was created? I generally say 6 stages, but who's to say how long a day was before the earth was created? Sorry, but we didn't appear here, by chance, developing from algae.

The press is letting this slide because he's black but if a white candidate said this, the press would crucify him.

oct 1 2015 Dr. Ben Carson, a pediatric neurosurgeon, National Academy of Sciences Institute of Medicine member, and the author of six best-selling books, said he believes in the six-day creation as described in the Bible and that there is abundant geological evidence there was a worldwide flood.

“You go back to the very first chapter in the Bible -- and I’m not a hard and fast person who says the Earth is only 6,000 years old -- but I do believe in the six-day creation,” he said.

“It says, in the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth,” continued Dr. Carson. “It doesn’t say when He created them except for in the beginning. The Earth could have been here for a long time before he started creating things on it.”

“But when He did start doing that, He made it very specifically clear to us: the evening and the morning were the next day,” said Carson. “Because He knew that people would come along and try to say, ‘oh, it was millions and millions of years.’”

In reference to Darwinian evolution, Dr. Carson continued, “And then what else did He say in the very first chapter? That each thing brought forth after its own kind. Because He knew people would come along and say, you know, this changed into that and this changed into that, and this into that.”

You're the nutter sweetie....What is a day before the earth was created? I generally say 6 stages, but who's to say how long a day was before the earth was created? Sorry, but we didn't appear here, by chance, developing from algae.

neo-con wackjob say what? :cuckoo:

You have enough trouble defending your own positions, yet spend an inordinate amount of time providing words carelessly explaining mine.

>>There are no gods, there is physics and chemistry. You have proof to the contrary, other than a 'book' someone wrote 2,000 years ago before humanity knew what caused all those things, I'm all ears.<<

You’re all ears? I dare say you spent zero dedicated time examining the subject, yet speak with such authority.

>>Believe in magic if that makes you feel good, many people need to and as long as you and they keep that in your church and your house and don't force anyone else to believe as you do no problem. <<

Force? That’s a lark. Incidentally, you need not worry that you are forcing anyone to buy into your baseless bravado.

>>I live in reality. It would be great if there were an invisible flying grandpa in the sky. Where's the evidence?<<

I dare say it is beyond your present reach. Best stick close to Richard Dawkins who says natural selection is mindless and life and evolution have the “illusion of a designer.” Oh, it’s an illusion? Yes, that is solid science.

LOL You are another ignorant that danes to judge the world, an inherent flaw in those who think the Kraken and David Copperfield scientifically explain the universe.

Yours is a child's world, enjoy it. Just stay out of the deep end lest the Kraken take you asunder!

:cuckoo:

The earth wasnt created till like day 3. How can u have a "day" before a "day" was even created ?

neo-con wackjob say what? :cuckoo:

There's not really much there in your little brain is there? Are you actually able to converse, or is stupid, one liners all you have?:dunno: I say the latter

How do you know we didnt develop from algae? That was rhetorical. You have no clue how we got here nor can you prove it.

How do you know we didnt develop from algae? That was rhetorical. You have no clue how we got here nor can you prove it.

no but he'll rant and patronize me because it makes him feel superior.

it's kind of funny given his reliance on nonsense.

Ben Carson is an idiot Jesus freak. As bad as Trump is, I would prefer him over this polite fascist.

Was it G-d inspired pond scum? or did it just happen by chance?

Was it G-d inspired pond scum? or did it just happen by chance?
Is that what you call science? Chance? Youre probably closer to the truth and what I believe than you know.

LOL,,,,

So pretty much he doesn't believe in science. he's a fundamentalist!!! Kind of like the muslim brotherhood or isis.

Republicans are transforming into a anti-science party.

Ok hero, if you're such a science geek, tell us without looking it up, what is the oldest mineral on earth and how many years old it is estimated to be? I'll even give ya a hint, it's successors are used in jewelry today.

LOL,,,,

So pretty much he doesn't believe in science. he's a fundamentalist!!! Kind of like the muslim brotherhood or isis.

Ok hero, if you're such a science geek, tell us without looking it up, what is the oldest mineral on earth and how many years old it is estimated to be? I'll even give ya a hint, it's successors are used in jewelry today.

Ridiculous argument, conservatives have a propensity to rely on the 'I know this one thing therefore I win all arguments and am as smart as anyone else'.

What is the oldest species, what is the oldest tree, what is the oldest settlement, what is the oldest planet. If you feel compelled to look these things up I'm glad, the more education and knowledge every person gets the more they can make rational decisions and choices. Using knowledge of a single thing to try to prove superiority is ludicrous. 'How much does the Earth weigh'? Interesting trivia. What elements make up the Earth, how did they form, what concentrations of elements are there in the Earth and the Sun. How many years did single-celled organisms dominate the Earth and what changed, when, and where are all those organisms now. Better to dive deep than look down into a puddle, see a snail, and think yourself Charles Darwin.

Mathew is right, Republicans have become the anti-science party. The rejection of the absolute fact of Global Warming is the most dangerous example of this. The science on this was settled 15 years ago yet you still have a major political party denying the scientific reality. And millions, if not billions, of people will pay the price for the delay in doing something about it.

LOL,,,,

Ridiculous argument, conservatives have a propensity to rely on the 'I know this one thing therefore I win all arguments and am as smart as anyone else'.

What is the oldest species, what is the oldest tree, what is the oldest settlement, what is the oldest planet. If you feel compelled to look these things up I'm glad, the more education and knowledge every person gets the more they can make rational decisions and choices. Using knowledge of a single thing to try to prove superiority is ludicrous. 'How much does the Earth weigh'? Interesting trivia. What elements make up the Earth, how did they form, what concentrations of elements are there in the Earth and the Sun. How many years did single-celled organisms dominate the Earth and what changed, when, and where are all those organisms now. Better to dive deep than look down into a puddle, see a snail, and think yourself Charles Darwin.

Mathew is right, Republicans have become the anti-science party. The rejection of the absolute fact of Global Warming is the most dangerous example of this. The science on this was settled 15 years ago yet you still have a major political party denying the scientific reality. And millions, if not billions, of people will pay the price for the delay in doing something about it.

So the science was settled 15 years ago, tell me, are all the catastrophic proficiencies, made back then, for 2015 our current reality?

Come on hero, tell us which predictions have come to pass, be very specific.

BTW, the answer to my question is zircon, estimated to be 4-4.2 billion years old, it predates all known rocks by a couple of billion years . I know this because one of my hobbies is gemology.

. assuming one believes in G-d, no one knows how long a day was during the creation.
Um, yes we do know. God wouldnt use the word "day" if it took more than 24 hours. Of all people, he should be able to properly use simple words. To say otherwise is ridiculous. Unless you are suggesting hes a horrible fucking communicator, in which case the bible is completely misunderstood from start to finish.

. assuming one believes in G-d, no one knows how long a day was during the creation.
Um, yes we do know. God wouldnt use the word "day" if it took more than 24 hours. Of all people, he should be able to properly use simple words. To say otherwise is ridiculous. Unless you are suggesting hes a horrible fucking communicator, in which case the bible is completely misunderstood from start to finish.
I like how you know what God would do? Interesting, but tell us, even with just the few planets near us, why would God choose the earth as His day?

Planet Day Length
Mercury 1,408 hours
Venus 5,832 hours
Earth 24 hours
Mars 25 hours
Jupiter 10 hours
Saturn 11 hours
Uranus 17 hours
Neptune 16 hours

How long is one day on other planets? :: NASA Space Place

Last edited:
LOL You are another ignorant that danes to judge the world, an inherent flaw in those who think the Kraken and David Copperfield scientifically explain the universe.

Yours is a child's world, enjoy it. Just stay out of the deep end lest the Kraken take you asunder!

:cuckoo:

What a strange world you live in. As long as you satisfy your own ego with your answers you have accomplished your goals. Yet you have nothing to offer of substance.

I should waste my time reiterating a host of events or occurrences that contain no natural explanation and are rife with supernatural meaning for your benefit? I assume with the nickname “Isaac Newton” you would have some ability to process information, so now I assume there is a spiritual block or blindness. I suggest humility as an antidote.

Incidentally, at a minimum you are surely aware what a fantastic Christian Isaac Newton was? Second to none in the non-clerical world in his times. Great man.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back