Bergdahl smearer already had OTH discharge...

How about all the other unit members who came forward? Has anyone come forward in support of Abdullah Bergdahl?

Who is Abduhhal Bergdahl?

I believe his name is Bowe Bergdahl.

Are you easily confused?

Why, yes, I believe you are very easily confused.

Liberals are selective in who they care about in our military

Even thought they keep hearing all that's this Obama pet has done, it's now time to SMEAR all the other military men and women because HOW DARE speak up

they did the same with Swift boat vets

we should of known this was coming

but Obama's reputation is more important TO THEM right now and all the rest can to go hell

oh and notice, they it's all about this guy, do they care one bit he TRADED to TERRORIST? I hope he waved the white flag while he doing trade

you all defending trade for one person who is in doubt of being POW and Obama are traitors to us and our country

Again, we were going to have to let these guys go, eventually, anyway.

We couldn't charge them, the Afghans won't, and no international tribunal would touch them.

really, wow
because Obama claims the war is over so that means we open the doors and let all the people who killed our people go, and we are told oh well so what, you citizens are upset over? well too bad tough shit.....then you give them a parting gift as they go, you can thank Obama for this and then beg them to please don't kill anymore of our people, pretty please
none you libs/progressives should be in charge of defending us from all enemy's foreign or domestic

Last edited:
Liberals are selective in who they care about in our military

Even thought they keep hearing all that's this Obama pet has done, it's now time to SMEAR all the other military men and women because HOW DARE speak up

they did the same with Swift boat vets

we should of known this was coming

but Obama's reputation is more important TO THEM right now and all the rest can to go hell

oh and notice, they it's all about this guy, do they care one bit he TRADED to TERRORIST? I hope he waved the white flag while he doing trade

you all defending trade for one person who is in doubt of being POW and Obama are traitors to us and our country

Again, we were going to have to let these guys go, eventually, anyway.

We couldn't charge them, the Afghans won't, and no international tribunal would touch them.

really, wow
because Obama claims the war is over so that means we open the doors and let all the people who killed our people with oh well so what.....then them as they go, you can thank Obama for this and then beg them to please don't kill anymore of our people, pretty please
none you libs/progressives should be in charge of defending us from all enemy's foreign or domestic

Obama has not only put us back on a pre-911 footing, but he has compromised our security in ways we are only now discovering.

He essentially has fallen in with terrorism.

I really thought the op had higher standards than this, smearing Obama's pets team mates to justify Obama actions

just another devote to the party over country

Last edited:
Personally, I think this is about as corrupt as you can get, when you try to pull a stunt like this. Releasing 5 terrorists so they can go back to murdering and terrorizing, in exchange for a terrorist collaborator, and trying to keep it all quiet so you can get a decent photo-op and get the VA scandal off of the headlines.

The reported intimidation being exerted on former members of Bergdahls unit is disgraceful. What kind of country have we become?

Hope & Change is nothing but a slogan.

What "reported intimidation"?

Seems to me these Yardbirds are pretty much shooting off their mouths to any Faux News or Hate Radio station that will have them.

And then we find out they couldn't even meet the lowered standards of Bush's Army.

Who's they?

I heard about only one got a OTH discharge, not all of them.

Are you making shit up again Joe?:badgrin:

Gee, what are the odds of that?

How about all the other unit members who came forward? Has anyone come forward in support of Abdullah Bergdahl?
What about the 5 other Jihadists Obama released?

Abdullah Bergdahls statue is a sideshow...

Wait did Obama out the Kabul Station Chief because he was against this bad deal?

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Somehow, I think that for the "Bergdahl is a Traitor" crowd, this is not going to go very well...

This dude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ZLcv9nqWI

former Army Sgt. Josh Korder (who served with Bergdahl), the one who railed on Bergdahl as a traitor, received an OTH discharge from the military.

Korder is the same guy who started the "6 guys died" lie that has since then been debunked.

OTH stands for "other than honorable"

MN Soldier Speaks Out Against Freed POW Bowe Bergdahl « CBS Minnesota

Korder did sign a nondisclosure agreement about this situation. His family told WCCO he knows the risk he’s taking by talking.

Korder was recently discharged, which was listed as “other than honorable.”

And BTW, who organized these Bergdahl critics?

Why, none other than former Bush administration official, then later, a Romney foreign policy advisor/strategist Richard Grennell. Yes, that Richard Grenell, whom Romney dropped like a hot potato when it came out that Grenell was gay and the religious Right went into holy holy spasms.

Cody Full, one of the soldiers quoted in the New York Times and other stories, tweeted yesterday about Grenell: “I want to thank @richardgrenell for helping get our platoon’s story out.” Grenell retweeted the tweet, calling Full a “true American hero.”

This is the definition of "other than honorable discharge"

Military Justice 101 - Part 3, Enlisted Administrative Separations

Under Other Than Honorable Conditions.

OTH Discharges are warranted when the reason for separation is based upon a pattern of behavior that constitutes a significant departure from the conduct expected of members of the Military Services, or when the reason for separation is based upon one or more acts or omissions that constitute a significant departure from the conduct expected of members of the Military Services. Examples of factors that may be considered include the use of force or violence to produce serious bodily injury or death, abuse of a special position of trust, disregard by a superior of customary superior-subordinate relationships, acts or omissions that endanger the security of the United States or the health and welfare of other members of the Military Services, and deliberate acts or omissions that seriously endanger the health and safety of other persons.

Persons awarded an OTH characterization of service: are not entitled to retain their uniforms or wear them home (although they may be furnished civilian clothing at a cost of not more than $50); must accept transportation in kind to their homes; are subject to recoupment of any reenlistment bonus they may have received; are not eligible for notice of discharge to employers (which may affect unemployment benefits); and, do not receive mileage fees from the place of discharge to their home of record.

It is generally believed that an OTH Discharge will render an individual ineligible for all VA Benefits. This is not necessarily so. The Department of Veterans Affairs will make its own determination with respect as to whether the OTH was based on conditions which would forfeit any or all VA benefits...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, CNN decided to interview a dude who was already dishonorably discharged to speak about Bergdahl. Isn't that kind of like a whore being interviewed for celibacy advocacy?

Nosiree, nothing partisan about #Bergdahlghazi at all, folks. Nosiree.... :eusa_whistle:

yabut Fox is telling the rw'ers here their talking-points so it has to be true. Seriously, these Repub-voters rushing from one faux controversy to the next just to score cheap political points against our two-term president is sickening. :puke3:

Personally, I think this is about as corrupt as you can get, when you try to pull a stunt like this. Releasing 5 terrorists so they can go back to murdering and terrorizing, in exchange for a terrorist collaborator, and trying to keep it all quiet so you can get a decent photo-op and get the VA scandal off of the headlines.

The reported intimidation being exerted on former members of Bergdahls unit is disgraceful. What kind of country have we become?

Yes, what kind of a country have we become, indeed.

Imagine that fucker giving the enemy 1,500 missiles for prisoners... that fucker!

Oh, wait, Ronald Reagan did EXACTLY that:

The Iran-Contra Affair . Reagan . WGBH American Experience | PBS

In 1985, while Iran and Iraq were at war, Iran made a secret request to buy weapons from the United States. McFarlane sought Reagan's approval, in spite of the embargo against selling arms to Iran. McFarlane explained that the sale of arms would not only improve U.S. relations with Iran, but might in turn lead to improved relations with Lebanon, increasing U.S. influence in the troubled Middle East. Reagan was driven by a different obsession. He had become frustrated at his inability to secure the release of the seven American hostages being held by Iranian terrorists in Lebanon. As president, Reagan felt that "he had the duty to bring those Americans home," and he convinced himself that he was not negotiating with terrorists. While shipping arms to Iran violated the embargo, dealing with terrorists violated Reagan's campaign promise never to do so. Reagan had always been admired for his honesty.

The arms-for-hostages proposal divided the administration. Longtime policy adversaries Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger and Secretary of State George Shultz opposed the deal, but Reagan, McFarlane and CIA director William Casey supported it. With the backing of the president, the plan progressed. By the time the sales were discovered, more than 1,500 missiles had been shipped to Iran. Three hostages had been released, only to be replaced with three more, in what Secretary of State George Shultz called "a hostage bazaar."

When the Lebanese newspaper "Al-Shiraa" printed an exposé on the clandestine activities in November 1986, Reagan went on television and vehemently denied that any such operation had occurred. He retracted the statement a week later, insisting that the sale of weapons had not been an arms-for-hostages deal.

Yes, culture of corruption, indeed....

yabut that was differnet somehow. IT JUST WAS!!! :mad:

:p

And either the Whitehouse has given CBS this information, or has implied such to them. Either way it just shows how slimey they are, to smear one in this platoon, because they are unhappy with the response to the trade and their parading his parents out and calling him honorable. And CBS is just as slimey to even report it.

NBC this morning actually said Obama and the Whitehouse actually looked upon desertion as the equivalent to dropping out of Yale for a year. They are truly flummoxed. And no, it wasn't Scarborough making the comments, but their Whitehouse correspondent.

Last edited:
If not dishonorable, OTH means GENERAL. I know someone, a family member in fact (NOT MY FATHER) who received a general discharge and reveied all Vet benefits.

Those who served, please CORRECT me on the meaning of General discharge if I am wrong.

You can still be discharged from the military for being gay? I thought that ended.

If not dishonorable, OTH means GENERAL. I know someone, a family member in fact (NOT MY FATHER) who received a general discharge and reveied all Vet benefits.

Those who served, please CORRECT me on the meaning of General discharge if I am wrong.

Considering others came forward and the military admits he left post, this is nothing but a smear job. It has nothing to do with Bergdahl and his status.

Last edited:
this white house is despicable they start this swiftboating of these troop and now its the being spread around just like they planned
folks they did very same with JOHN kERRY...they smeared, slander, stomp on his troop mates who spoke out against him....IT WAS VICIOUS

and forward to today

this Democrat/progressive party are just the nastiest ever, how you people stand by this is just shameful

And either the Whitehouse has given CBS this information, or has implied such to them. Either way it just shows how slimey they are, to smear one in this platoon, because they are unhappy with the response to the trade and their parading his parents out and calling him honorable. And CBS is just as slimey to even report it.

NBC this morning actually said Obama and the Whitehouse actually looked upon desertion as the equivalent to dropping out of Yale for a year. They are truly flummoxed. And no, it wasn't Scarborough making the comments, but their Whitehouse correspondent.

Got a video or audio quote of our President actually saying that?

Obama: sure I lied to you about keeping your insurance and doctor, but you can take what I'm telling you about Abdullah Berghdal to the bank!

Somehow, I think that for the "Bergdahl is a Traitor" crowd, this is not going to go very well...

This dude:

former Army Sgt. Josh Korder (who served with Bergdahl), the one who railed on Bergdahl as a traitor, received an OTH discharge from the military.

Korder is the same guy who started the "6 guys died" lie that has since then been debunked.

Korder did sign a nondisclosure agreement about this situation. His family told WCCO he knows the risk he’s taking by talking.

Korder was recently discharged, which was listed as “other than honorable.”

Why, none other than former Bush administration official, then later, a Romney foreign policy advisor/strategist Richard Grennell. Yes, that Richard Grenell, whom Romney dropped like a hot potato when it came out that Grenell was gay and the religious Right went into holy holy spasms.

Cody Full, one of the soldiers quoted in the New York Times and other stories, tweeted yesterday about Grenell: “I want to thank @richardgrenell for helping get our platoon’s story out.” Grenell retweeted the tweet, calling Full a “true American hero.”

Under Other Than Honorable Conditions.

OTH Discharges are warranted when the reason for separation is based upon a pattern of behavior that constitutes a significant departure from the conduct expected of members of the Military Services, or when the reason for separation is based upon one or more acts or omissions that constitute a significant departure from the conduct expected of members of the Military Services. Examples of factors that may be considered include the use of force or violence to produce serious bodily injury or death, abuse of a special position of trust, disregard by a superior of customary superior-subordinate relationships, acts or omissions that endanger the security of the United States or the health and welfare of other members of the Military Services, and deliberate acts or omissions that seriously endanger the health and safety of other persons.

Persons awarded an OTH characterization of service: are not entitled to retain their uniforms or wear them home (although they may be furnished civilian clothing at a cost of not more than $50); must accept transportation in kind to their homes; are subject to recoupment of any reenlistment bonus they may have received; are not eligible for notice of discharge to employers (which may affect unemployment benefits); and, do not receive mileage fees from the place of discharge to their home of record.

It is generally believed that an OTH Discharge will render an individual ineligible for all VA Benefits. This is not necessarily so. The Department of Veterans Affairs will make its own determination with respect as to whether the OTH was based on conditions which would forfeit any or all VA benefits...

So, CNN decided to interview a dude who was already dishonorably discharged to speak about Bergdahl. Isn't that kind of like a whore being interviewed for celibacy advocacy?

Nosiree, nothing partisan about #Bergdahlghazi at all, folks. Nosiree.... :eusa_whistle:

It takes a General Court Martial to give someone a Dishonorable Discharge.

If the military considers a service members actions to be reprehensible, the general court-martial can determine a dishonorable discharge is in order. Murder and sexual assault are examples of situations which would result in a dishonorable discharge. If someone is dishonorably discharged from the military they are not allowed to own firearms according to US federal law. Military members who receive a Dishonorable Discharge forfeit all military and veterans benefits and may have a difficult time finding work in the civilian sector.

If I were still in the military that is what I recommend for Bergdahl.

This dude:

in the last ten years over 100 thousand troops has received a OTH discharge

And how many of them are interviewed to smear an officer who has not been discharged?

When was Bergdahl commissioned an officer?

Forum List

Back