Bernie Sanders supporters are broke

CZmxPSqWwAEMRm-.jpg

How will the US survive?
But are his plans feasible?

The tax brackets aren't the worst thing I ever saw, but they're on the way to it. The biggest problem is everything he wants to spend. Jacking up taxes doesn't mean you'll get more revenue...but spending more...oh yeah that always happens.

Explain how raising taxes doesn't result in more revenue.

Then explain why a top tax rate of 52% is higher than the 90% rate during the Eisenhower years y'all yearn for so much.

America's standard of living was the highest during the 50s & 60s when the tax rate was much higher. It forced companies to re-invest in itself & their worker bees to avoid paying those high rates instead of the way its set up now where profits are hoarded, &/or paid out to the top execs & paying out such low meager wages to their workforce... forcing them to go on food stamps & get their healthcare thru Medicaid.

Nobody is "forcing" them to do anything. It's a choice.

If you're not making enough money, it's not a companies fault. They did not make you a failure--you did.

If you want to be worth more money, get an education, start your own business, or learn a trade. You can't wash cars for the rest of your life and expect to support yourself and a family.

oh sweety. my mortgage is paid. we have 3 cars albeit they are older but paid for. AND I pay my ccs in full every month...I haven't pd a dime in interest for years.

that doesn't change the fact that wages haven't been in tune with inflation for 40 years.

& that is by design.

How will the US survive?

The tax brackets aren't the worst thing I ever saw, but they're on the way to it. The biggest problem is everything he wants to spend. Jacking up taxes doesn't mean you'll get more revenue...but spending more...oh yeah that always happens.

Then explain why a top tax rate of 52% is higher than the 90% rate during the Eisenhower years y'all yearn for so much.

Because the rich people do one of two things.

Buy some congress critters to alter the tax code to protect them from the rate.

If that doesn't work, head to Belize. There's an island I've had my eye on.

How will the US survive?

America's standard of living was the highest during the 50s & 60s when the tax rate was much higher. It forced companies to re-invest in itself & their worker bees to avoid paying those high rates instead of the way its set up now where profits are hoarded, &/or paid out to the top execs & paying out such low meager wages to their workforce... forcing them to go on food stamps & get their healthcare thru Medicaid.

If you're not making enough money, it's not a companies fault. They did not make you a failure--you did.

If you want to be worth more money, get an education, start your own business, or learn a trade. You can't wash cars for the rest of your life and expect to support yourself and a family.

oh sweety. my mortgage is paid. we have 3 cars albeit they are older but paid for. AND I pay my ccs in full every month...I haven't pd a dime in interest for years.

that doesn't change the fact that wages haven't been in tune with inflation for 40 years.

& that is by design.

So we get in tune with inflation, and then companies buy more robots to replace human beings or ship more jobs overseas.

There is this philosophy called Acton/ Reaction. It works almost every time it's tried.

Let's say we decided to meet in person, and upon doing so, I extend my arm to shake your hand in friendship. More than likely, you will do the same. This is a positive action causing a positive reaction.

Same scenario, but instead of reaching out to shake your hand, I take both my hands and push you into the wall. You will likely do the same to me. Negative action which cased a negative reaction.

Liberals hate this philosophy because it works almost every time it's tried. Liberals like to believe that a negative action will cause a positive reaction, or in most cases, no reaction at all.

Increase taxes on the wealthy, and they will not just sit there and take it. They will move out of the country, recoup those losses through their hard working employees, or increase the cost of their products or services they provide to us. Find tax-free or much lower taxed investments.

& that is by design.

So we get in tune with inflation, and then companies buy more robots to replace human beings or ship more jobs overseas.

There is this philosophy called Acton/ Reaction. It works almost every time it's tried.

Let's say we decided to meet in person, and upon doing so, I extend my arm to shake your hand in friendship. More than likely, you will do the same. This is a positive action causing a positive reaction.

Same scenario, but instead of reaching out to shake your hand, I take both my hands and push you into the wall. You will likely do the same to me. Negative action which cased a negative reaction.

Liberals hate this philosophy because it works almost every time it's tried. Liberals like to believe that a negative action will cause a positive reaction, or in most cases, no reaction at all.

Increase taxes on the wealthy, and they will not just sit there and take it. They will move out of the country, recoup those losses through their hard working employees, or increase the cost of their products or services they provide to us. Find tax-free or much lower taxed investments.
Companies do it anyway.
Nothing beats low wages and near zero employee related expenses.

Sorry for joining in late. But I'm just curious how this October discover of Sanders' supporters being broke is going? Any updates? I heard somewhere that Sanders has raised $20+ million so far this month.

& that is by design.

Companies do it anyway.

Companies do it anyway? Well why give them more influence?

A major consideration for producers is to produce close to their customers. Shipping expenses are huge, but sometimes they are offset by those savings on cheaper labor and government expenses.

Maybe I'm wrong, but what other country has more red tape, more government regulations, more taxation than the US?

if you and I had widget companies, and your company is taking my customers, the first thing I would have to evaluate is what is your company doing better than mine?

Unfortunately our government doesn't do the same. They won't look overseas and point to the obvious. Instead, they continue with their support for labor demands, high taxation, more government regulation especially in the environmental department. They'll blame Walmart or the lack of tariffs. But the obvious? Hell no, we won't go there. That's not the solution to our problems.

& that is by design.

Companies do it anyway.

Companies do it anyway? Well why give them more influence?

A major consideration for producers is to produce close to their customers. Shipping expenses are huge, but sometimes they are offset by those savings on cheaper labor and government expenses.

Maybe I'm wrong, but what other country has more red tape, more government regulations, more taxation than the US?

if you and I had widget companies, and your company is taking my customers, the first thing I would have to evaluate is what is your company doing better than mine?

Unfortunately our government doesn't do the same. They won't look overseas and point to the obvious. Instead, they continue with their support for labor demands, high taxation, more government regulation especially in the environmental department. They'll blame Walmart or the lack of tariffs. But the obvious? Hell no, we won't go there. That's not the solution to our problems.

Almost all of our widgets come from China and I have no desire to be one of the FoxConn Plug & Play humans.

& that is by design.

close the loopholes & make it more expensive for their patriotism to be outsourced.

ummmm..... taxes have been reduced more & more since Reagan's "trickle down" fiasco & ummmmmm...... that didn't stop Big Corp from setting up shop in Chinese (et al) sweatshops, now did it?

To the middle class worker bees, that "trickle down" theory was nothing but a golden shower.

Bernie Sanders Supporters: Short on Cash, Big on Time
But Tuesday was different. Tuesday was the night that Senator Bernie Sanders would, as the pundits described it, introduce himself to America at the Democratic primary debate. And nearly 250 people came out to the Dupont Circle bar to watch his turn onstage—people who’d kicked $5 and $10 occasionally to his campaign in support, but more often dedicated hours of their lives to his campaign
The rest of the Sanders supporters interviewed donated much smaller amounts—$5 here, $10 there, or however much money it took to purchase a T-shirt “so that I could show my support for him as often as possible,” said Alex Atkins, a student at the Georgetown Law Center who started a pro-Sanders club on campus. (He wore the shirt in question—bright green with a graphic rendition of Sanders’s glasses and trademark wild hair—under his corduroy blazer.)

I see this 2 ways.
1. it is fuckin ironic :rofl:
2. he is supported by common folk. I would like to think common folk would appreciate work and such more than free shit and no military.
Not as broke as the GOP base.

4f36c3ea15b2ef623237aa955b055316.jpg

But Tuesday was different. Tuesday was the night that Senator Bernie Sanders would, as the pundits described it, introduce himself to America at the Democratic primary debate. And nearly 250 people came out to the Dupont Circle bar to watch his turn onstage—people who’d kicked $5 and $10 occasionally to his campaign in support, but more often dedicated hours of their lives to his campaign
The rest of the Sanders supporters interviewed donated much smaller amounts—$5 here, $10 there, or however much money it took to purchase a T-shirt “so that I could show my support for him as often as possible,” said Alex Atkins, a student at the Georgetown Law Center who started a pro-Sanders club on campus. (He wore the shirt in question—bright green with a graphic rendition of Sanders’s glasses and trademark wild hair—under his corduroy blazer.)

I see this 2 ways.
2. he is supported by common folk. I would like to think common folk would appreciate work and such more than free shit and no military.

that pic is photo shopped bigger than shit lol.
But it is a funny one lol. Although I would have imagined you would have gotten tits by now..

I see this 2 ways.

that pic is photo shopped bigger than shit lol.
But it is a funny one lol. Although I would have imagined you would have gotten tits by now..

The girl makes Derp jealous, he can't get a man like that

& that is by design.

close the loopholes & make it more expensive for their patriotism to be outsourced.

ummmm..... taxes have been reduced more & more since Reagan's "trickle down" fiasco & ummmmmm...... that didn't stop Big Corp from setting up shop in Chinese (et al) sweatshops, now did it?

To the middle class worker bees, that "trickle down" theory was nothing but a golden shower.

Well I know plenty of of worker bees that did just fine under GW for the first six years. Even better in the 90's when Clinton was President.

I get to talk with managers and owners of companies that move overseas. One of our customers is a crate company. They make crates the size of suitcases and the size of tractor-trailers. We have delivered them to these companies.

Every one had the same story. They couldn't compete with the overseas markets having union workers that didn't give a crap. All unions want is their money and it doesn't matter if it means the company moving overseas. Those unions brainwashed workers into believing the unions would find them better jobs, so the workers believed that sticking to their guns was the way to go.

It didn't work out that way. When the unions realized industry was in serious trouble, they should have backed off as much as they could. Instead, they went ahead full charge.

I see this 2 ways.

Trailer park, pregnant, stupid.

Looks like Democrats.

How will the US survive?

Because the rich people do one of two things.

Buy some congress critters to alter the tax code to protect them from the rate.

If that doesn't work, head to Belize. There's an island I've had my eye on.

Which is precisely why a candidate who's not in the pocket of the lobbyists and the 1% is so appealing.

Forum List

Back