Best shotgun for self defense ???

Can you post links !!
I don’t know much
It must be lower recoil and I don’t want to destroy my house with the ammo

I only want semi auto and 20 g.
I think 12g will kick too much

Must have 6 shoots
Must be super low maintenance
Anything less than 12 gauge wont be taken seriously. I think the 12 gauge pump is likly to mist effective as the sound of racking a round in a 12 gauge pump is widely recognised and so well known it alone is often enough of a deterrent. For that reason ipto keep a Winchester SXP. Home Defender marine version close at hand. The stainless construction of the marine verion keeps maintenance low.

Would you like to catch some 20 gauge 2 1/2" #4 shot?

I would not!
Worst I ever caught was rock salt in the back of the earlobe.
:auiqs.jpg:My buddy caught it right in the ass!
It didn't go in far, he was wearing Levi's, I know it hurt, though.
12 gauge double barrel rock salt. That old man did not play.
Nobody ever messed with him again.
That rock salt burns! I got 1 piece on the back of my earlobe, and he got both cheeks with rocksalt under the skin. Mine didn't stay in, even. I got lucky.

Are you challenging me to a shot off at noon or something? LOL
I don't have any rock salt around but I do have some rubber buck shot for warning purposes. I also keep steeln00 buck on hand and some slugs for those who deserve the very best. Either one of those can make a real mess.

Must have 6 shoots
Anything less than 12 gauge wont be taken seriously. I think the 12 gauge pump is likly to mist effective as the sound of racking a round in a 12 gauge pump is widely recognised and so well known it alone is often enough of a deterrent. For that reason ipto keep a Winchester SXP. Home Defender marine version close at hand. The stainless construction of the marine verion keeps maintenance low.

Would you like to catch some 20 gauge 2 1/2" #4 shot?

I would not!
Worst I ever caught was rock salt in the back of the earlobe.
:auiqs.jpg:My buddy caught it right in the ass!
It didn't go in far, he was wearing Levi's, I know it hurt, though.
12 gauge double barrel rock salt. That old man did not play.
Nobody ever messed with him again.
That rock salt burns! I got 1 piece on the back of my earlobe, and he got both cheeks with rocksalt under the skin. Mine didn't stay in, even. I got lucky.

Are you challenging me to a shot off at noon or something? LOL
I don't have any rock salt around but I do have some rubber buck shot for warning purposes. I also keep steeln00 buck on hand and some slugs for those who deserve the very best. Either one of those can make a real mess.

You have to understand I am a novice snd I can’t shot a pistol to save my life .
I did well with both AR and .38 revolver

I have never fired a shotgun

I think any beg would do well with AR lol
You cannot miss within 50 feet

I think any beg would do well with AR lol
You cannot miss within 50 feet
Probably can't miss with this either.......

dx-12-7.jpg

Must have 6 shoots

There are some lower powered rounds that reduce recoil. That might be a better answer. 20 gauge is a fine round. But the 12 gauge has more options.

As for which shotgun, I would go with the tried & true Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500. Either is rock solid.

What is that ??
Shotgun pistol ??
Wow
Link
It's the DX-12 "Punisher" pistol. It's a prototype design that I don't believe has been made yet (if ever). Not sure what caliber it would fire but I'm pretty sure if it's 12 gauge I wouldn't want to be the one pulling the trigger...........

Perhaps you'd best go with your original shotgun idea then.

Mossberg's 500 Special Purpose 20 Gauge Shotgun
Looks like it has a full length barrel. That isn't the way home defense shotguns typical are. They usually have the standard 18.5 barrel, and short overall length, to facilitate manueverability indoors.

Ex. Mossberg Maverick 88 Youth # 32203 might be a good choice. it has a 22" barrel but still maintains a less than 40" overall length. Good for indoors home protection. Comes in 20 GA (less recoil). Carries 6 shots and only weighs 5.25 lbs (lightweight).

What is often overlooked in home defense, is window security covers. If you're in the bathroom or sleeping, it wouldn't be too good if rioter crazies bust into your home, grab your shotgun off the wall, and shoot you with your own gun.

One possibility is that when you hear there are riots starting up, you close up your windows with some type of protective barrier. >>>

A. This type will keep the bad guys from breaking in immediately, and give you time to grab your shotgun and load it. Downside is, they can still break the glass and fire a gun at you, or toss molotov cocktail into your living room. Shotgun won't help to put out the fire.
1595815992462.png

This is what it looks like folded up, 99% of the time (when no riots are going on >>

1595816443572.png

B. A more secure choice is window security shutters>>>

1595816895525.png

They also can be rolled up when not in use, leaving windows normal. Advantage is rioters can't get in, or throw things in either. Typically they would take one look, and move on.
These are good for hurricanes too, to protect windows from flying debris. They even have an added benefit of partially blocking out sound from fireworks.

Something tells me if Trump gets re-elected, the MSM is going to say he cheated, and the rioting we saw in May/June will be small in comparison.

I'm looking at picking up one of these, when they come back in stock........

image752508-856ebaf1a44d9b397b5e4a783bba59f2.jpg

Garaysar 12GA SEMI AUTO BULLPUP

Of course I also like the Kel Tech KSG 12 gauge but it's a more expensive.

kel-tec-ksg-shotgun-wiki.jpg

After doing a little more searching I'm now considering the Kel Tech KS7 when it becomes available again.
10751058_01_kel_tec_ks7_shootgun__640.jpg

Forum List

Back